VF21 pledge for the 2005-2006 season

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I've done this a few years now, so I'm revisiting my yearly pledge as a Kings fan:

1. I promise to turn the page on the old era, and look forward to the new.

2. I promise to remember that every year is a new year; that what happened in the past IS the past.

3. I promise to give the kids on the team a chance - to let them make mistakes and grow and not expect them to be "the next Vlade" or "the next Doug" or "the next Webber" or even "the next Mateen." They each deserve their own identities.

4. I promise to hate the Lakers.

5. I promise not to get too worried too soon...and not to cry about the "sky falling" at the first sign of a cloud or two.

6. On the other hand, I also promise not to start talking about the parade and the trophy after our first win...or first two wins...or first winning streak.

7. I promise to try very hard not to whine about poor officiating.

8. I promise that during my trips to Arco I will have fun and MAKE SOME NOISE!!*

Okay, that's my pledge. Corny? Of course. True? Certainly.

I'm looking forward to this season in a totally different way than the seasons of the recent past. This is truly the biggest mystery of recent memory. And I'm going to sit back and enjoy watching every moment of it unfold.

GO KINGS!!!!!

*Courtesy of tubiscus

Last edited:
VF21 said:
I've done this a few years now, so I'm revisiting my yearly pledge as a Kings fan:

2. I promise to remember that every year is a new year; that what happened in the past IS the past.

3. I promise to give the kids on the team a chance - to let them make mistakes and grow and not expect them to be "the next Vlade" or "the next Doug" or "the next Webber" or even "the next Mateen." They each deserve their own identities.

5. I promise not to get too worried too soon...and not to cry about the "sky falling" at the first sign of a cloud or two.

6. On the other hand, I also promise not to start talking about the parade and the trophy after our first win...or first two wins...or first winning streak.

I'm looking forward to this season in a totally different way than the seasons of the recent past. This is truly the biggest mystery of recent memory. And I'm going to sit back and enjoy watching every moment of it unfold.

GO KINGS!!!!!
......and to those I'll add

8. I promise that during my 8-10 trips to ARCO this season, I will have fun and
MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!!!!

VF21 said:

GO KINGS!!!!!
Good stuff, me too I'd say.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Sorry - could nor resist.

As far as I remember - we did it last year too so it might become tradition.

if you feel offended just delete the posts. no big deal.

P.S.

I will continue to hate Lakers even more

VF21 said:

8. I promise that during my trips to Arco I will have fun and MAKE SOME NOISE!!*

GO KINGS!!!!!

*Courtesy of tubiscus
Hear, hear!

I promise to:

1. enjoy myself at all times

2. keep everything in perspective - this is, after all, a game

3. not get too high or too low

4. venture out of the Lounge and into the main Kings board more often

5. continue my quest to convert my co-worker from a non-basketball fan into a Kings fan

I promise to drag all the crazed Chico State students I can to the nosebleed seats at ARCO to keep the "best home court advantage in the league" right here.

Way to go VF21, here's to the new Kings! Rock on!

VF21 said:

GO KINGS!!!!!

*Courtesy of tubiscus
AMEN!

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
1. I Promise NOT to wash my luck jerserys unless the Kings loose

2. I Promise to wash the offending jersey the day of the loss

3. The same goes for my lucky underwear

It is comforting indeed to know that we shall have an elite group of scholars presiding over the nose-bleed seats at ARCO Arena representing the Athens of the West. :)

I promise to ring my cow bell very loudly at the 2 games I'm going to, even though it's not at Arco. Also at home when I can watch, even though it irritates my cat!
I will try not to throw the tv out of the window when we lose.
I will get excited to see this new team play.
And what Vf said.:D

how do you promise to remember that every year is a new year; that what happened in the past IS the past, while promising to keep on hating the lakers??

not that i like the lakers, just thought i'd point that out though.

loopymitch said:
I promise to ring my cow bell very loudly at the 2 games I'm going to, even though it's not at Arco. Also at home when I can watch, even though it irritates my cat!
I will try not to throw the tv out of the window when we lose.
I will get excited to see this new team play.
And what Vf said.:D
and i promise to get a cow bell :D

Great set of pledges....to which I add mine...

As Peja swishes another rainbow three from the popcorn stand i promise to shout at the monitor...''If you dont like that, you dont like NBA basketball''

(well i might whisper it, as it will likely be 4am and the household might not all appreciate my enthusiasm! ;) )