Veteran KF members - are you still here?

I can remember when the "Foxhole" was part of this board. There were some really great discussions/arguments/tirades...

I mostly lurk after a period of organizational burnout(franchise, not the board)...

bajaden

Hall of Famer
It was mentioned in another thread that we lost a lot of veteran KF members over the past few years. It got me thinking. I went back into the archives and made a partial list of some of those who were here but are MIA. I sure hope they're still Kings fans and I'd love to see them back here for this time around!

Bricklayer
NME - Returned from the ether. ;)
6th
Ryle
ReinadelosReys
GoSACtown
uolj
thedofd
slugking50
nbrans
piksi
Mad D - present and accounted for. My bad.
Geoff
LMM
CruzDude
Glenn
kennadog
mcsluggo
DocHolliday
Prophetess
Kingsgurl
Iggy
Elektrik
Superman
Variant
Yeah, what happened to kennadog. I believe she was at summer league last summer. Wonderful woman, I hope all is well with her. CruzDude is fine! I visited him a week ago and took in a Kings game at his house. I think he got tired of all the negativity we were having there for a while. Believe me, I understand his feelings. I think he'll still be posting from time to time. Another bud of mine, Uncia03 is alive and well also. He's just busy with other things, and still recovering from the Cousin's trade. I miss Kingsgurl's post as well.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Cranky Glenn (usually when arguing with VF21;)) maybe retired to Philippines. He and wife had home on Leyte Island. Otherwise, hopefully happily retired in Sac area.
Thought 6th moved to Maui. I think mentioned desire to retire in tropical paradise.
Being friends with Bajaden seems CruzDude most likely still sharing Corona beers together in retirement bliss on sunny Mexico beach.
Thought Mad D posted recently but no matter I still use quote of his on my profile signature.
One other thought. Old timer poster Purple Reign who is no longer here for whatever reason and my name PurpleHaze once had another poster asking me what my name all about. He thought surely had something to do with certain high potency exotic weed or the Jimi Hendrix Experience song from 1967. Truth is more the later than the former. But what really sparked PurpleHaze was watching Kings on the road in Cleveland during particular downer road trip spring 2007 and suddenly the home team blared tune welcoming Kings back onto the floor from half-time down big - and that song...
Purple haze all in my brain
Lately things just don't seem the same
Acting funny, but I don't know why

Excuse me while I kiss the sky
Cruzy hasn't been down for a few months, but I did pay him a visit a week or so ago. And yes, we did have a cervesa or two. I think he's planning a trip down after the 1st of the year sometime. Stocking up for the visit!:p I had some interesting conversations with Glenn off camera. That's all I'll say on that matter.:eek:

As a side note of little be known facts, I'm probably alive right now because CruzDude didn't listen to me, and instead took me to the hospital emergency room where I collapsed with a heart attack. Being the stubborn SOB that I'am, I was insisting he continue taking me home. So in essence, he saved my life. Other than that, he pays me to be his friend.;) Just kidding folks!

Last edited:
I'm still here, and I'm honored to be shouted out by VF21. I lurk more often than I post, but rest assured that I check this forum everyday and always read the gamethreads (even if it's after the fact.) When I joined this forum in 2002, I was in college in Virginia. Now I'm back home in Jamaica so I can't follow the team by watching games but I follow by this forum. Kings for life, yo!

I joined the day that Williams got traded for Bibby. I was looking for info on what was going on and been here since
I had a similar experience, except mine was the CWebb trade for flexible pieces. I never knew this site existed and was looking for info on the trade. Stumbled in here and have stayed since. I have never posted a ton, but I read the board every day!

Id like to see in the members section a list of the most infractions lol.
Why? If you received an infraction(s) would you want it public knowledge? I would think the whole idea behind infractions is to correct the offending actions without a public spectacle. Sorry if that was in jest or an inside joke.

I'm still around. :) I lurk occasionally and still run/lose heartbreakingly in a few of the fantasy leagues here. I just don't discuss real basketball much since I have less time to follow things and I don't get to watch more than a game or two a season anyway. Maybe I'll spring for league pass if the Kings can become semi-contenders.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Why? If you received an infraction(s) would you want it public knowledge? I would think the whole idea behind infractions is to correct the offending actions without a public spectacle. Sorry if that was in jest or an inside joke.
yeah the lol at the end i thought would be enough for most people that i was joking. Looks like one person needed a little more

yeah the lol at the end i thought would be enough for most people that i was joking. Looks like one person needed a little more
Yes I did. That is why I included an apology just in case. There have been complaints about the moderators from time to time and I wasn't sure of your angle.

Again, my apologies.

It was mentioned in another thread that we lost a lot of veteran KF members over the past few years. It got me thinking. I went back into the archives and made a partial list of some of those who were here but are MIA. I sure hope they're still Kings fans and I'd love to see them back here for this time around!

Bricklayer
NME - Returned from the ether. ;)
6th
Ryle
ReinadelosReys
GoSACtown
uolj
thedofd
slugking50
nbrans
piksi
Mad D - present and accounted for. My bad.
Geoff
LMM
CruzDude
Glenn
kennadog
mcsluggo
DocHolliday
Prophetess
Kingsgurl
Iggy
Elektrik
Superman
Variant
Still here. Rarely post because so many others are much more astute and eloquent in their analysis and there has been little good to post about. That said, this is the most fun and exciting team I have seen in over a decade. I am at last hopeful again and look forward to our bright future. Go Kings!

I still come here... but only rarely.

For years after moving back the the east coast, I would come religiously to view the game recap/grades threads... i miss those a bunch!! (but also recognize that those were a LOT of work for somebody other than me..! )

I also came to the "non-NBA" thread .. (i don;t remember what it was called...?) before it imploded into a firepit of nattering negativity..and was nixed. Again... i enjoyed THAT thread, with full recognition that i just got to enjoy it, but MODS had to moderate it something like 10x more than the basketball themed threads (i think THAT died during the Bush Kerry elections :p )

overall, my memory is fuzzy on the deep beginnings here.... but i think several people that regularly posted in the Kings usenet threads (before Netscape!!) moved to either KingsFans.com, or KingsRap.com ... and then the two merged. Historians believe that this occurred sometime after the Lascaux paintings.... but nobody can be positive.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
...overall, my memory is fuzzy on the deep beginnings here.... but i think several people that regularly posted in the Kings usenet threads (before Netscape!!) moved to either KingsFans.com, or KingsRap.com ... and then the two merged. Historians believe that this occurred sometime after the Lascaux paintings.... but nobody can be positive.
KingsRap -> SacHoops -> KingsFans

I found partly quoted mail below within my old mails from March 2001. I started to follow Sacramento Kings when Hedo was drafted:
Congratulations bubulina!

You are now a registered member of the The Bleacher Mob (ezboard)ezboard Online Community

Here is LOCAL account information.
Login Name: bubulina
Password:
*you will have the option to change your password in your control center

I believe he/she identified as a Cousins fan, and followed Cousins out of here. It follows that brick is now a Warriors fan.
I don't that's strictly accurate. He was a Cousins fan for sure, but he was a Kings fan long before that. I think the Cousins trade was the straw that broke the camel's back for Brick. It may have worked out OK, but at the time it was easy to view that as just another terrible move to go along with a decade of poor moves.

I'd imagine Brick follows Cousins career with interest, but I doubt he's rooting for another team at this point. That said, I can't speak for him, who knows.

I'd love for Brick to make a return, but I'm not sure his pride will allow him to, nor am I sure that he'd even want to.