Vegas Summer League GAME 1: Sacramento Kings v. Phoenix Suns, 7/7/18 4:30 PST, 7:30 EST

Who comes out on top

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With Mason running the point the Kings offense was anemic. He is slow with the ball and hangs on to it way too long. He cannot finish like IT. He needs to dribble less, look to pass in the lane and learn the floaters.

Giles is making rapid progress. I like him on defense a lot. Great quickness for a big guy. Bagley is beginnning to rebound. Jackson does not look like a rookie.

I thought Giles and Bagley showed they could handle Ayton on defense. Other Kings' players could not.

With Mason running the point the Kings offense was anemic. He is slow with the ball and hangs on to it way too long. He cannot finish like IT. He needs to dribble less, look to pass in the lane and learn the floaters.

Giles is making rapid progress. I like him on defense a lot. Great quickness for a big guy. Bagley is beginnning to rebound. Jackson does not look like a rookie.

I thought Giles and Bagley showed they could handle Ayton on defense. Other Kings' players could not.
Agreed. Ayton scored about half of his points at the end there when Williams was on him. Bagley and Giles each had a slip up that gave Ayton a couple of hoops but for the most part they dominated the 1 on 1 match ups defensively.

Ayton looks the way people thought he would look. Doesn't put forth a ton of effort but has such a high floor because he still finished the game with 20 and 10 despite not looking like he had half the energy of Giles and Bagley. He's so big that he doesn't have to try as hard as some of these other guys to get the same results. Has a nice touch on his jump shot as well.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
They saved 2.6M by trading Grant for a player (Stone) with non-guaranteed contract they plan to waive. If the cheapskates stick to form maybe they don't match LaVine. Today is the day! Just reading the tea leaves, I am lowering the odds from 95% chance they match to 70%. Hey we overcome worse to get the #2 pick!
Can we stop this now that the Bulls did make it official? If not, can it at least continue in the Zach LaVine thread and not yesterday's game thread? Thanks ever so.