Vegas Summer League GAME 1: Sacramento Kings v. Phoenix Suns, 7/7/18 4:30 PST, 7:30 EST

Who comes out on top

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
so if Ayton completely owns the Kings, who's starting a thread about the Suns being ahead of the Kings in their rebuilding phase?

Is this game airing somewhere else?

NBA TV schedule doesn’t have it airing until around midnight PST and have some crummy Pistons game airing in the live slot

so if Ayton completely owns the Kings, who's starting a thread about the Suns being ahead of the Kings in their rebuilding phase?
They just had their second worst season in team history, after 1968-9, their first year as a franchise; our season was only slightly below our last decade's average. Aside from this isolated bit of lottery luck, we haven't had a pick as high as #3 since Billy Owens; the franchise got as many top three picks between 1976-8 (two seconds and a third) as it has in all the subsequent drafts combined. Phoenix is rebuilding faster, but it has little to do with Ayton, Giles or Bagley.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
They just had their second worst season in team history, after 1968-9, their first year as a franchise; our season was only slightly below our last decade's average. Aside from this isolated bit of lottery luck, we haven't had a pick as high as #3 since Billy Owens; the franchise got as many top three picks between 1976-8 (two seconds and a third) as it has in all the subsequent drafts combined. Phoenix is rebuilding faster, but it has little to do with Ayton, Giles or Bagley.
How is Phoenix rebuilding faster exactly? Have they gone out and proven anything more than the Kings? As far as I'm concerned, their team looks better on paper but that doesn't mean it translates to the regular season. Time will tell only.

How is Phoenix rebuilding faster exactly? Have they gone out and proven anything more than the Kings? As far as I'm concerned, their team looks better on paper but that doesn't mean it translates to the regular season. Time will tell only.
In 2014-5, Phoenix was a .476 team, which is better than Sac has done since 2005-6. In the 3 years they've been worse, they had 6 first round picks, including a #1 and two #4. They may not always pick that well, but their overall strategy seems just fine.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Oh man, we traded away probable future MVP Gary Trent Jr. for cash considerations
I don't know how many times we're gonna keep going with Cash, but I'm getting really tired of seeing his name pop up year after year after year. He's been on more teams than Chucky Brown. I swear there are times when he's been on multiple teams at the same time!

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
In 2014-5, Phoenix was a .476 team, which is better than Sac has done since 2005-6. In the 3 years they've been worse, they had 6 first round picks, including a #1 and two #4. They may not always pick that well, but their overall strategy seems just fine.
Just because they had a better record than the Kings doesn't really say much, the Kings haven't sniffed 40 wins in ages....what's their overall strategy?

watched Suns vs Mavs, coached by Kokoskov himself. I think they will kill the Kings as a team. However, we will see how Bagley and Giles do themselves vs how Ayton does. I hope for a good showing.

Hopefully we don't get a player or coach interview for half of the game.
If you are referring to the fact that ESPN cuts the screen by 1/3 so we can see the interviewer and interviewee, I could not agree more! I do NOT need to see an interview to hear an interview. Keep the damn camera on the action where it belongs! Who is the moron who made this production decision? I understand putting the interviewee on camera for a few seconds so we get the visual, but a few seconds is enough! Cut away so we can watch what we care about....the game! ESPN is a joke. Their web site is trash. Their NBA commentators are trash too. Clean the Glass and The Athletic are far better for NBA content.

please look good Bagley! I don't want to see 10 articles about how much he struggled

Ayton is going to be a real test for Giles. Can he hold up against his strength? we'll see