[Update: Natt fired] When will the "We've fired Kenny" announcement arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Its off topic, but one of te things I have owndered about with Shaq is aI think he was rumored to be int he run for our job the past TWO times we've had openings (Muss and Reggie), and we went so far as to intrerview him and then reject him in favor of a flimflam man last time out. Makes you wonder about his enthusiasm at coming back in for yet another try as a third choice, kind of liek being the last guy picked in a pick up game. Is he really going to feel the owners are behind him?
My question is, would any potential coach think the owners are behind him? All they have to do is look at the coaching changes of the past four years to get a good idea about ownership. I really think that if the Maloofs want to hire a good ex-head coach they are going to have to pony up bigtime with the $ and they are going to need to sign at least a 5 year contract. Otherwise, they'll be stuck with assistants desperate for a chance...

I've always wanted Vlade back and apparently so did the Kings.

A season-ticket holder asked if the Kings would consider having Chris Webber, Vlade Divac and Doug Christie coach the team, at which point Kings basketball president Geoff Petrie revealed that Divac has had a standing offer for a coaching position for quite some time.

"(But) right now, his focus, his life is not on basketball, it's on trying to help people in his country," said Petrie of the former Kings center who lives in his native Serbia and is the government adviser on housing for refugees.
source: http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/archives/021710.html

bye bye Natt

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/archives/021763.html

Kenny Natt era officially ends
By Sam Amick
samick@sacbee.com
As expected, the Kenny Natt era has come to an end. And for the third time in the last four years, the Kings will engage in an offseason coaching search.
The interim Kings coach will not return in the post for the 2009-10 campaign, the team announced this afternoon. Natt, who took over for Reggie Theus after he was fired on Dec. 15, went 11-47 during his time with the team and simply couldn't overcome the seemingly-slim odds he had at winning the job. Natt wasn't the only coach waiting to hear his fate, as his assistants were on uncertain ground as well. Assistant Rex Kalamian, Randy Brown, Jason Hamm, and assistant coach/advance scout Bubba Burrage were relieved of their duties as well.

I believe that "Coachie" was hired as a consultant this season, so technically he would not be a member of the coaching staff. I am guessing that he will decide later if he wants to come back.

I believe that "Coachie" was hired as a consultant this season, so technically he would not be a member of the coaching staff. I am guessing that he will decide later if he wants to come back.

I think he stays if Eddie Jordan, David Blatt or Ettore Messina become our head coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.