Uh-oh... Official 2019/20 Chicken Little thread

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
honestly, if the Kings feel they need to sit Harry out for the preseason and just keep working in practice and getting his knees right, then so be it. He will be on a minute restriction anyway I'd imagine. He will average around 18-20 MPG until he proves he can do more without soreness and any other lingering issues that come along.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Im all for caution. But wasn’t everything going swimmingly until the thigh bruise? Was there any missed practices and knee flare ups last year that I’m forgetting about?

Entity

Hall of Famer
Jason Anderson of sacbee is really pushing a something is narrative with his tweets. If no trade happens and he did this for clicks I will call him out on it. If a trade takes place I will pay more attention to him

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Jason Anderson of sacbee is really pushing a something is narrative with his tweets. If no trade happens and he did this for clicks I will call him out on it. If a trade takes place I will pay more attention to him
That’s the thing with cryptic tweets... they’re so easy to read the wrong way. But Harry’s never been like this before.

There’s just too much smoke for me to be comfortable with it right now. :(

That’s the thing with cryptic tweets... they’re so easy to read the wrong way. But Harry’s never been like this before.

There’s just too much smoke for me to be comfortable with it right now. :(
I don't think it's a trade.

I think what happened is his knees got sore during practice, they're holding him out, he thinks he's ready to go but the medical staff disagrees leading to the "I learned not to talk about things I know nothing about" and here we are.

Now, whether he can stay healthy down the line and whether that leads to a trade is another story.

I think what happened is his knees got sore during practice, they're holding him out, he thinks he's ready to go but the medical staff disagrees leading to the "I learned not to talk about things I know nothing about" and here we are.

Now, whether he can stay healthy down the line and whether that leads to a trade is another story.
ding ding ding

Yep. The Steven Adams trade makes zero sense. Sounds like Giles is having knee discomfort which is not a good thing at all.

The knee is sore after 2 days of intense TC where they were running them into the ground, so I’m sure the doctors are being extra cautious given his history. The MRI showed no issues, so I’m not going to freak out about it....but am definitely keeping my eye on it.

I took his comment "I was taught to not speak on a topic I don’t know anything about...." as telling others that they don't know what they're talking about. (Probably directed at Jason Anderson)

It's obvious he's frustrated, but his cryptic tweets show that he can't come out and say what is going on. Which does nothing to kill any rumors. Positive or negative, anything we interpret from his cryptic social media is going to be speculation. His people should probably tell him to lay low for a bit.

I think he is the worst beat writer we've ever had. silliness about MBIII height, this Giles stuff... he seems like a lazy idiot

Doesn't make sense. If we're concerned enough about the knee to trade him, who would trade anything of value FOR him? Certainly nothing that would come close to his potential upside.
I agree. We can afford to sit on him. If he's as good as advertised, we have plenty of bodies at his position to bring him in as slowly as possible. I just think of what Shaun Livingston had to go through and while that's obviously worse, he came back to log around 20 minutes a game. If, worst-case scenario, Giles can only give us a max of 20, I still think that's a great value that's hard to replace. Basically his body forces him into a Manu role for us. Again, this to me is the worst-case scenario. Actually, no. His leg falling off is probably the worst-case scenario. Even more so if it happens while I'm watching the game. I can still visualize Livingston's injury...

Today Grant said Harry had a good week this week and should be back to playing next week. Take that for what its worth.
I don't see what the fuss is about getting him run in meaningless games. I care that we can get his body/health to a place where he's with us for 10+ years and not 3 injury-filled seasons. The Sixers bubble-wrapped Embiid for years and that could not have gone better for them with a guy who came out with such severe injury concerns.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I just want to see Giles play the first 20 games of the season injury free, with regular minutes, and at a level of a good back up. If he can pass that test, then I'd feel more comfortable with him going forward. Right now I'm always worried weather he's going to be able to play or not. He has to pass the point where the Kings' medical staff is treating him with kid gloves to the point where you can count on him.

"There's no reason to rush him."
Yeah? BS. I've had all the patience in the world with Harry and his rehab & development. But now I want him to either be a reliable contributor or he slides to the third tier in terms of my hopes and aspirations. Sorry, Harry, but it's time to contribute!
(Note: the quote is not a direct quote, although I'm sure I've heard that a jillion times...)

Damn it...

And this isn’t “Chicken Little” anymore. Something happened to his knee. Probably when he “bruised his thigh.”
maybe, but he was working out all offseason and back was full bore for the the 1st 2 days of TC before they shut him down with soreness . Not going to lie, I’m more than a little concerned, but the one thing that is giving me a little hope is that the MRI showed nothing.