Tyrese Watch 2022-23

Holy cream puff schedule. (The Raptors weren’t playing like three of their best players in their matchup either)
I agree their schedule is soft but it's a great sign being a young core with guys like Niasmith/Brisset (never heard of them until I watched the Pacers recently) getting key minutes to be winning those games. Reality is the Pacers are not a title threat their aim is probably to make the play in at around 500. and winning against bad teams is how you do it.

The Pacers pulling a Vlade and torpedoing their own rebuild by extending Myles after a hot start to the season would certainly prove they aren’t being run by Larry Legend anymore.
Aside from Joel/Jokic/Bam I don't think anyone is better than Myles currently at C and he gives you 3's and blocks better than any of those guys. Yeah Zubac annilhated him and the Pacers but your not getting a better modern day C anywhere other than like Victor in the draft. Also as far as fit goes he can play with any style of PG.

Even if they extended him and it does not go well he's super easy to move his skillset is must for any NBA team and could probably get your a bigger haul or similar to Gobert but he's actually a way better player.

Indiana looks like a pretty strong team in the East... but that said, they've had an absolutely creampuff schedule to this point. As with the Kings, it will be interesting to see how the Pacers handle adversity when they reach a much more difficult stretch of opponents.
Even with their cream puff schedule, no one expected them to be where they are. They are performing way above where they were expected and tyrese is their general. He’s gonna be a superstar. That’s not hyperbole.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Even with their cream puff schedule, no one expected them to be where they are. They are performing way above where they were expected and tyrese is their general. He’s gonna be a superstar. That’s not hyperbole.
Ya… I had softened on the trade but Ty is making me regret that softened stance. Dude is incredible

Ya… I had softened on the trade but Ty is making me regret that softened stance. Dude is incredible
I've been watching him since he left. I thought he was a real leader here in sac. He's has 100% embraced his leadership role in Indiana. The regret the kings will have in trading Halliburton might end up being worse than not drafting Doncic. Halliburton is that good.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I've been watching him since he left. I thought he was a real leader here in sac. He's has 100% embraced his leadership role in Indiana. The regret the kings will have in trading Halliburton might end up being worse than not drafting Doncic. Halliburton is that good.
At least Sabonis isn’t Marvin Bagley. So the consolation prize is at least a really good one (only if he stays)

If he leaves, it’s just as bad a blunder even if Ty never gets any better ever.

Our guy just put up 17, 9 and 10 with 2blks.

As good as Tyrese has been, I think we would be worse with him on this roster because of the overlapping skill set with Fox. We would have to run Holmes/Len/Metu out there as our bigs and we wouldn't have one of Monk or Huerter.

I'm just glad we have a GM that was capable of drafting well enough to build a more talented roster. He could have easily passed on Hali like the rest of the GMs and picked Kira Lewis, Nesmith or Cole Anthony instead and we would have been in the same situation we've always been in with another year passed and no talent acquisition.

I liked Hali as much as anyone but if you keep him, you've got to trade Fox and I don't think Fox is pulling in a Sabonis level player last year. I mean it's not like we traded Hali for some disappointing player that fits but isn't productive. McNair got what looks to be max value for him.

Can debate whether Hali or Fox would be better for this roster all day long but you can't pair Hali with Sabonis. It would be Hali paired with a bunch of question marks because we have no idea what Fox could have fetched last year.

I'm just glad we have a GM that was capable of drafting well enough to build a more talented roster. He could have easily passed on Hali like the rest of the GMs and picked Kira Lewis, Nesmith or Cole Anthony instead and we would have been in the same situation we've always been in with another year passed and no talent acquisition.

I liked Hali as much as anyone but if you keep him, you've got to trade Fox and I don't think Fox is pulling in a Sabonis level player last year. I mean it's not like we traded Hali for some disappointing player that fits but isn't productive. McNair got what looks to be max value for him.

Can debate whether Hali or Fox would be better for this roster all day long but you can't pair Hali with Sabonis. It would be Hali paired with a bunch of question marks because we have no idea what Fox could have fetched last year.
I mean Hali was begging to be drafted here and was ranked higher than the guys you mentioned it would’ve been foolish not to take him. And he profiled to fit next to Fox while Anthony/Lewis couldn’t and Neismeth wasn’t an option that early

I mean Hali was begging to be drafted here and was ranked higher than the guys you mentioned it would’ve been foolish not to take him. And he profiled to fit next to Fox while Anthony/Lewis couldn’t and Neismeth wasn’t an option that early
Yeah I had Haliburton 4th or 5th and I thought he was at minimum, 5th-6th on most boards. I would have taken Edwards, Wiseman, Ball and was 50/50 on Okoro over Hali at draft time. My point was that all the other GMs passed on him for lesser players, so I'm glad Monte didn't do the same and pass on him for the other lesser players that I listed.

When he dropped, I was thinking he had some sort of medical issue that hadn't been made public. I still don't understand why he dropped down to 12th. It was the most no brainer pick since Fox.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Back to back stinkers for Tyrese.
Kings did provide a bit of the blueprint for stopping Tyrese the other night. Drive him off the line and force him to go left. He’s still good enough to not totally suck at it but he’s still a subpar finisher and for whatever reason doesn’t have quite the same amount of court vision going left than right. The Jazz mostly did this same trick tonight.

40 assists and 0 turnovers in a 3 game stretch is insane. Not even my all time favorite player Steve Nash has done something like this.
One thing that's certain is he is going to post some ridiculous stats over his career. I think he joins the 90/50/40 club at least once and leads the league in assists over multiple seasons (he's already doing it in year 3)

Unless something crazy happens, however, he will end his career tied for last in the league all-team of beams lit at 0.