Tyrese Watch 2022-23

"cAn nEmBhArD and hAlIbUrToN pLaY tOgEtHeR?!??!?"

For real though, I think it's going to remain an interesting question around Haliburton. In his young career, the 2 best guards who can actually dribble a ball (sorry Buddy), in Fox and Brogdon weren't able to coexist with him. Brog has been absolutely crushing with Boston and is on the short list for 6MOTY talks with Monk and Mathurin. Fox has like 30+ games now where he's been all-star level without him. They've been able to stagger him and Mathurin enough where it hasn't mattered much this year, but there's going to be a point where he needs to start and play 34+ MPG as well. And now Nembhard might have the juice for a breakout too.

I think it’s tough to have two guys in the back court who are best on the ball unless the 2 guard is a shooter and slasher. I think Hali and Math can work. Not sure how you maximize Hali and Andrew if his play is for real.

"cAn nEmBhArD and hAlIbUrToN pLaY tOgEtHeR?!??!?"

For real though, I think it's going to remain an interesting question around Haliburton. In his young career, the 2 best guards who can actually dribble a ball (sorry Buddy), in Fox and Brogdon weren't able to coexist with him. Brog has been absolutely crushing with Boston and is on the short list for 6MOTY talks with Monk and Mathurin. Fox has like 30+ games now where he's been all-star level without him. They've been able to stagger him and Mathurin enough where it hasn't mattered much this year, but there's going to be a point where he needs to start and play 34+ MPG as well. And now Nembhard might have the juice for a breakout too.
I was a big fan of Nembhard in the draft process. He's 100% a PG in the NBA. He can play as an off-ball SG very well, but his natural position is PG. With this being said, I don't see any way he keeps up this type of play. It's only been a couple games and far too early to predict how his career ends up.

Their future backcourt is Haliburton-Mathurin. I don't like this 3-guard lineup they roll out with Hali, Buddy, and Nembhard. If anything, they should swap roles with Mathurin for Nembhard. Let Nembhard be the lead guard in the 2nd unit and cook like FVV did behind Lowry.

If Mathurin is as good as the Pacers think he is, then let him play against the starters. He's way too good to be going up against 2nd units.

Tyrese has proved himself to be a franchise PG. I don't think it's fair to ask whether or not Haliburton can play next to PGs. He shouldn't be put in a position where he has to share a backcourt with another PG. There are very few teams, if any have 2 starting PGs. The closest thing I can think of is Garland-Mitchell, but Mitchell is more of a combo-guard/SG than PG.

I think it’s tough to have two guys in the back court who are best on the ball unless the 2 guard is a shooter and slasher. I think Hali and Math can work. Not sure how you maximize Hali and Andrew if his play is for real.
You don't have to. Hali is the one the Pacers have anointed as their franchise guy. It's their job to put players around him that fit best. Nembhard hasn't proven anything yet. This is more of a question 2-3 years from now than it is right now. There's much better odds that he ends up like a DJ Augustin than a James Harden.

You don't have to. Hali is the one the Pacers have anointed as their franchise guy. It's their job to put players around him that fit best. Nembhard hasn't proven anything yet. This is more of a question 2-3 years from now than it is right now. There's much better odds that he ends up like a DJ Augustin than a James Harden.
Yeh I haven’t seen one Pacers game ad they are blacked out for me but 40 plus points is pretty impressive. He has had 3 pretty great games and also hit the game winner against the Lakers. It will be interesting to see what becomes of him. If Buddy gets trades at the deadline I assume Math gets inserted into the starting lineup.

Vecenie and Coach Spins did a redraft and took:

Hali
Melo
Ant
Bane

I was a little surprised by that but they were knocking Ball for the defense and Ant for commitment

A lot of people felt Hali was worth a top 4/5 pick in his draft year so having him in the top 4 when Wiseman has proven to be a dog is no shock at all but I still don't know how you put him over Melo or Ant. It's not really Edwards's fault Minnesota decided to destroy one of last year's feel good stories and Ball is also on a franchise that playoff drought be damned I'd rate well below Sacramento (actually both of those franchises are the ones I'd point to in saying - at least we're not them).

It seems like the primary difference in Indy is he doesn't do what he does anonymously. I peeped their subreddit and they are in full meltdown. I'm not sure if the loss to the Kings triggered it or they were already hitting the skids. I know the quality of their opponents took a huge leap right as they played us. And yes, I am putting the Kings in the "high quality opponent category" which is a really frickin gd great thing to say!

also everyone knows I love Benn, and am thrilled at how great he's doing, but it's noteworthy that right as Keegan got over his first wall and took a nosedive in the rook standings, it looks like Benn is hitting his.

also Myles Turner had 3 rebounds?!?

Indy isnt very good. They were playing bad teams and/or beat up teams. All this extend Myles Turner talk was kinda hilarious to me. Halliburton will make any decent pick n roll big look as good as they possibly can. He’s that good in that roll. Tyrese is great at playing passing lanes, but, he can’t play man defense at all. And for some reason his team defense has been bad too.

Indy isnt very good. They were playing bad teams and/or beat up teams. All this extend Myles Turner talk was kinda hilarious to me. Halliburton will make any decent pick n roll big look as good as they possibly can. He’s that good in that roll. Tyrese is great at playing passing lanes, but, he can’t play man defense at all. And for some reason his team defense has been bad too.
Myles Turner is the least of their problems, I've seen some on reddit suggest they should extend Buddy :D:D:D

Hali with the November Murray line. 1 point on 0-9 and 0-6. Benn shooting 12.5 percent from 3 in his last 7 games. Pacers gone a bit cold lately but I’m sure they will snap out of it.