Tyrese Watch 2022-23

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It doesn't sound like you're enjoying watching basketball, that's the whole point. It sounds like people just want to watch Tyrese succeed to a certain extent, and Buddy fail to a large extent. If this was about basketball, there'd be a whole lot more flavor to the game than just "Tyrese is so good and lol@Buddy lol@PacersforgettingBuddy".

For example, things I've picked up watching two games of Pacers ball:
- Washington Jr ain't very good
- Team will be fun to watch when Turner and Brogdon are back
- Jalen Smith has looked good, hope he can turn things around
- Ant-man was absolutely ridics
- Duarte looks good, Pacers probably win the Wolves game if he didn't get injured
This is the Tyrese Watch thread so of course most of us would be talking about Tyrese and by extension the other ex-Kings players playing with him. All I can say is that if you want us to say more positive things about Buddy, he needs to play better basketball. No one really said much about his near triple-double, sure, but they also weren't exactly negative about him up until he forced some ugly shots to end the game. And his game against the T-Wolves was indefensibly bad, while also (according to plus-minus stats) somehow not as bad as Tyrese's?

When one guy put up 23 points and 16 assists and the other guy goes 1/13 from three, of course people are going to pick on the guy who shot like he was drunk.

This is the Tyrese Watch thread so of course most of us would be talking about Tyrese and by extension the other ex-Kings players playing with him. All I can say is that if you want us to say more positive things about Buddy, he needs to play better basketball. No one really said much about his near triple-double, sure, but they also weren't exactly negative about him up until he forced some ugly shots to end the game. And his game against the T-Wolves was indefensibly bad, while also (according to plus-minus stats) somehow not as bad as Tyrese's?

When one guy put up 23 points and 16 assists and the other guy goes 1/13 from three, of course people are going to pick on the guy who shot like he was drunk.
Ok sure.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Fox on the Kings, no?
Meh, these threads tend to be pretty intense for the first week or so but then die down as people get used to the trade/find something new to freak out about. I'm sure the comments about Buddy won't be as harsh in a couple of days lol.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Meh, these threads tend to be pretty intense for the first week or so but then die down as people get used to the trade/find something new to freak out about. I'm sure the comments about Buddy won't be as harsh in a couple of days lol.
You mean like, Buddy is a clown? Never forget!!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Buddy having a MUCH better game tonight. with 17 points and 3 assists in the first half.

Jalen Smith continues to look good for the Pacers to the point they probably won't be able to re-sign him this summer.

Tyrese is putting up NUMBERS as the primary/only option for the Pacers/ who I can best describe as the 2019 Kings but slightly less explosive and more helio-centric.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It looked like Buddy just passed the ball to Jrue.

Buddy having an absolutely great night shooting compared to the other night though.

Buddy always had that one good game once in awhile where he would shoot like 8/10 from the 3 and single-handedly win us a game. It wasn’t often but it happens.

Some of those plays with Giannis going downhill were just ridiculous. I don't blame Buddy and Tyrese and basically every other Pacer for not trying their best to get out of the way. The guy gathers a step into the three point line and finishes through contact, worst case he gets his own board and dunks it on you.

Glad Buddy finally had himself a good game. Tristan Thompson leaves much to be desired.