Tyrese Watch 2022-23

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaan, the alternate reality where Fox for Domas happened instead is the place I want to live.
I get sad seeing Tyrese excel into the player everyone knew he was capable of becoming :(. I don't blame the Pacers for not wanting Fox over him, but maybe he can find his way back in the future.. like Steve Nash did.

On another thought.... so glad we don't have to watch Buddy anymore

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
What's funny is Buddy is +11, Tyrese -4.
The thing about the Tyrese minutes was while the Pacers were absolutely scoring easier and moving better with him out there, defensively they were getting steamrolled from just about every angle. I love me some Rese but that's always going to be an issue when you rock a Tyrese/Buddy backcourt.

Maybe that'll change when they get Myles Turner back though.

Carlisle's really riding Hali early in his Pacers tenure. He averaged 34.5 mpg this season with the Kings. He's averaging about 40 mpg through two games with the Pacers. He's a young kid so it shouldn't be a problem for him to handle the increased load, but I'll be interested to see if Carlisle continues to lean so heavily on his new wunderkind.

honestly it makes following the pacers fun. When Boogie got traded i changed my league pass subscription to the Pelicans for a while I was so pissed. But watching him on an AD team was just weird. There’s something comforting about watching Buddy dribble it out of bounds and the team collapse out of incompetence in the 4th. Literally throwing the ball away on the final possession and everyone staring at their hands like everyone in the building didn’t see that coming. We get the treat of a (hopefully) winning team here and witnessing what could’ve been with a tank build around Tyrese

Entity

Hall of Famer
Pacers starters

Brissett +4
Bitadze +1
Hali -5
Buddy +8
Duarte +1
I got slammed for saying empty stats the night he got traded and everyone was mad about it. He didn’t make the team better. He made himself better and whoever ran the pick and role with him better the other 3 guys could have been texting if they wanted.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I got slammed for saying empty stats the night he got traded and everyone was mad about it. He didn’t make the team better. He made himself better and whoever ran the pick and role with him better the other 3 guys could have been texting if they wanted.
We should have blown it up and built around Budward.

Can't like this article enough. He just seems like one hell of a guy. He didn't have the longevity that Cousins had here but I'll be following him for the rest of his career like I have with Cousins and who knows, maybe one day we can get him back? Cousins, Hali and Giles are the 3 guys that have loved Sac more than any other players after the golden era.

He mentioned Davion was the first to call him when he got traded. Said HB gave him one of the best phone calls ever and De'Aaron called and talked to him for a half hour. Hopefully this helps put to rest the rumors that Fox was pouty because of Hali's success. It doesn't prove anything one way or another but most people wouldn't have a half hour good bye conversation with someone they despised for a year.

Lol, Buddy gets traded and some of you still can't give it a rest. You must lead really sad lives that all you ever do is make snarky remarks about other teams when your own team has been cr*p for so long.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Lol, Buddy gets traded and some of you still can't give it a rest. You must lead really sad lives that all you ever do is make snarky remarks about other teams when your own team has been cr*p for so long.
Maybe you can stop sniffing Buddy's gonads long enough to admit that he played terribly and cost the Pacers that game?

We're just enjoying watching basketball? What's so wrong about that? Are people not allowed to watch teams other than the one they're actively rooting for?

Last edited:
Maybe you can stop sniffing Buddy's gonads long enough to admit that he played terribly and cost the Pacers that game?
He shot the ball terribly, yes, but how does someone who ends up +8 "cost" a team a game? The game before he had a near triple double and all folks I'm complaining about will have to say is "LOW BBALL IQ CHUCKER DRIBBLE BALL OFF FOOT", so let's not pretend we're all Mr Objective here.

Last edited:

We're just enjoying watching basketball? What's so wrong about that? Are people not allowed to watch teams other than the one they're actively rooting for?
It doesn't sound like you're enjoying watching basketball, that's the whole point. It sounds like people just want to watch Tyrese succeed to a certain extent, and Buddy fail to a large extent. If this was about basketball, there'd be a whole lot more flavor to the game than just "Tyrese is so good and lol@Buddy lol@PacersgettingBuddy".

For example, things I've picked up watching two games of Pacers ball:
- Washington Jr ain't very good
- Team will be fun to watch when Turner and Brogdon are back
- Jalen Smith has looked good, hope he can turn things around
- Ant-man was absolutely ridics
- Duarte looks good, Pacers probably win the Wolves game if he didn't get injured
- Defense leaves much to be desired, but in two games with Tyrese at the helm the team is running HARD and it's reminiscent of the Kings' best year under Joerger. Makes you wonder why we didn't play like that.

Last edited: