Tyreke Evans ROTY & 20/5/5 Watch

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I've always had a lot of respect for Hubie as a great NBA coach and just as great analyst on NBA games.
I on the other hand have always considered him the most overrated "analyst" on the tube. In particular before the coaching stint he didn't even know the players and all that hemming and hawing "you've gto your" stuff is jsut him covering up that he doesn't know what trhe hell he is talking about.

This announcement does nothing to change my opinion.

Hubie Brown hasn't aged very gracefully it seems. I always wondered what was exact reason he abruptly quit his last coaching stint at Memphis. It was said be be for health reasons but no details have ever been released to public.

Hubie knows basketball, but he's old school and never seemed 100% familiar with the players, and never was comfortable with the changes that have taken place in the NBA. I would hate to see how he would coach to defend today's pick and roll.

And yeah, as an analyst, I have no desire to hear him break a game down, ever. I really don't like most of the guys on ABC/ESPN, honestly.

Reke was just on ESPN Sports Center Top 10 segment. He did well. They asked him about the T's he said he thought he got fouled, didn't get the call, had to deal with the ref--something he'll have to get better at. They touted the 20-5-5, which Reke said he just happy to mentioned with Oscar MJ and Lebron.

Last edited:
Hubie knows basketball, but he's old school and never seemed 100% familiar with the players, and never was comfortable with the changes that have taken place in the NBA. I would hate to see how he would coach to defend today's pick and roll.

And yeah, as an analyst, I have no desire to hear him break a game down, ever. I really don't like most of the guys on ABC/ESPN, honestly.
You mean like Kenny Smith who picked Brandon Jennings for ROY on Inside the NBA? Wadda Moron! His reasoning was so bad that he didn't even sound sincere!

Kenny Smith is the dumbest part of inside the nba. Barkley at least makes sound arguments most of the time, but Kenny Smith is just flat out nuts about certain things

Reke was just on ESPN Sports Center Top 10 segment. He did well. They asked him about the T's he said he thought he got fouled, didn't get the call, had to deal with the ref--something he'll have to get better at. They touted the 20-5-5, which Reke said he just happy to mentioned with Oscar MJ and Lebron.
That was nice little exposure to end the season.

It's funny. To me, you can't put anyone ahead of Evans. And you can't put Curry at 3rd. Yet Kenny Smith managed to do both at the same time. What a bafoon.

Kenny Smith is the dumbest part of inside the nba. Barkley at least makes sound arguments most of the time, but Kenny Smith is just flat out nuts about certain things
He actually said that Evans is a better player and with much more potential. His argument for Jennings is that Jennings is on a winning team.

As much as I do not agree with him regarding his ROY vote, he was objective in Reke being a better player.

Does Rick Kamla get a vote?

In his last epizode of Rick's rants he is not only saying Reke being a future superstar (not just an all-star) but he is guaranteeing a championship for Reke and Kings:

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2010/03/29/20100329_ricks_rant.nba/#
Well that's the first time I've watched a "Rick's Rant" and... jmho... he's pretty much a tool with those Lebron takes. So I can't take a ton of solace in his positive projections for Reke and the Kings. But even a broken clock is right twice a day.

(link took me to a Lebron James rant... I didn't see him say anything about Tyreke? maybe the "lessons learned" rant will have it)

Last edited:
Well that's the first time I've watched a "Rick's Rant" and... jmho... he's pretty much a tool with those Lebron takes. So I can't take a ton of solace in his positive projections for Reke and the Kings. But even a broken clock is right twice a day.

(link took me to a Lebron James rant... I didn't see him say anything about Tyreke? maybe the "lessons learned" rant will have it)
The Tyreke stuff is in the Lessons learned vid. But I actually think he's pretty right on about Lebron, the guy has proven to be a pretty big idiot, especially with the stuff he's done over the last 12 months. Don't think Kamla even mentioned his number change fiasco.

I don't know, maybe because his rationale behind the number change was that no one should wear the number 23 because Jordan was such a great player, and then he picks a number worn by Russel and Dr. J.
That's a good point. I don't know that I'd call it a fiasco, though. I think most people consider MJ to be a more iconic figure to the NBA and sports in general than Russell or Dr. J.

That's a good point. I don't know that I'd call it a fiasco, though. I think most people consider MJ to be a more iconic figure to the NBA and sports in general than Russell or Dr. J.
Historically I think Russell is more important than MJ though. First black superstar, first guy to really make defense a priority. Also was the first black coach in the nba. 11 Championships in 13 seasons. Too much respect to wear MJ's number anymore but he thinks its fine to where Russells?

Lebron has no sense of history, and he's an idiot. Anyone who grows up in Ohio but is a fan of the Bulls, Yankees, and Cowboys gets no respect from me.

Historically I think Russell is more important than MJ though. First black superstar, first guy to really make defense a priority. Also was the first black coach in the nba. 11 Championships in 13 seasons. Too much respect to wear MJ's number anymore but he thinks its fine to where Russells?

Lebron has no sense of history, and he's an idiot. Anyone who grows up in Ohio but is a fan of the Bulls, Yankees, and Cowboys gets no respect from me.
Okay dude.

K

Kingsguy881

Oh come on dude. Seriously? My brother was born and raised in Sacramento and chose to be a Laker fan and a Miami Dolphins fan. Don't be a jerk.