Tyreke Evans ROTY & 20/5/5 Watch

Can the voters be bribed by money from the ROY campaigners? Ive only just started watching nba and following the players etc this year, and from what im reading on nba.com, the campaigners can play a big role in convincing the voters to vote for their own guy.

I really don't think so.
Me either...I know Curry had a good month of April, but damn if Reke didnt average nearly a triple dub for the month as well! If Step didnt go off last night, I think Reke probably would have gotten this month's award...Step also played all 48 minutes last night as well. Oh well, good for him...Mr. One Demensional Player himself. Reke is going to get the cherry on the sundae ROY award, so he can have the ROM for this month.

edit: Reke also had the more consistant season as well...Step didnt score in double figures(in games he played)14 times...while that only happened to Reke 5 times...for what it's worth.

So, some potential good news (depending on how you look at it) on this font, apparently the NBA has changed the "tie" rules in the ROY award. Now, if players end up with a tie in votes, a sole winner is determined by PPG.

K

Kingsguy881

So, some potential good news (depending on how you look at it) on this font, apparently the NBA has changed the "tie" rules in the ROY award. Now, if players end up with a tie in votes, a sole winner is determined by PPG.
Sounds like the NBA is trying to make sure Reke doesn't get jobbed...

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
That's great news for Tyreke but absolutely stupid overall if the race is between a big man and a guard.

Yeah, I don't really like that rule change. I think what would make it easier would be to place more weight on first place votes (so if one player got 15 first place votes for a total of 75 points, but the next player only got 6 first place votes, plus 15 second place votes, for a total of 75 points, the player with more first place votes wins). And if they got the same number of first place votes, then it's a tie and they split the award.

Yeah, I don't really like that rule change. I think what would make it easier would be to place more weight on first place votes (so if one player got 15 first place votes for a total of 75 points, but the next player only got 6 first place votes, plus 15 second place votes, for a total of 75 points, the player with more first place votes wins). And if they got the same number of first place votes, then it's a tie and they split the award.
Agree, makes way more sense than going by PPG. Even though in this case the change would help out our guy.

I dont' think Tyreke is going to get ROY. I think he should, I'm just seeing way too many writers coming out and saying that Curry, or Jennings should win, and I'm reading it in FAR too many places.

If Tyreke doesn't get ROY it just shows that the so called "experts" don't know their *** from a hole in the ground.