Trading this years #1.

The pressure to get this pick right seems higher than it has ever been.

I think we'd have to be blown away with an offer to move it, doubt a good enough offer comes to pull the trigger.

If draft night goes

1. Ayton
2. Doncic
3. Jackson
4. Porter
5. Kings pick

Would you trade back for Wendal Carter and Kevin Knox?

What if Kings pick 6th and Bagley is gone?

If draft night goes

1. Ayton
2. Doncic
3. Jackson
4. Porter
5. Kings pick

Would you trade back for Wendal Carter and Kevin Knox?

What if Kings pick 6th and Bagley is gone?
I'd be ok with that but the fan base would go apecrap if we just kick the can further down the curb with high volume middling prospects. It would be more exciting to swing for the fences with Young (the latest "next Steph Curry") and force Bogie at the 3 and try to sell the young small ball Kings: Fox/Young/Bogie/Giles/WCS.

OR.... trade that pick for a legit starting SF, there must be one out there somewhere :)

Personally, if bagley is there i would take him over Carter and Knox but its very close. Knox has All star potential and so does Carter. Neithet though would be judged to have the same upsidr as Bagley though. However,

Fox
Bogdan
Knox
WCS/Giles/Skal
Carter

With buddy and mason off the bench looks to me to be a team with a ton of upside and good enough to compete for playoffs next year.

I'd take Mikal Bridges and go home happy. I like Carter, but not in love with Knox. But I'd take Mikal over both of them.
I'm looking forward to seeing him play in the tournament. With us winning 2 out of our last 3 games and deceasing our lottery odds, I'm paying more attention to Mikal. He looks good and great reach, but pretty thin and I think 6"7" is stretching it.

we need kids in the same age bracket. Its as simple as that. Everyone needs to be peaking at the same time for us to make a championship run. We have no use for Otto Porter right now given all the pieces around him are basically developing.

draft kids, develop kids, pay kids appropriately so we can add complementary pieces as required. That should be the plan
Porter is a 5th year vet but he's only freaking 24 years old! I agree the players should be peaking around the same time so for comps he's the same age as Buddy and WCS who are also 24. Jackson, Mason and Skal will all have birthdays in a few days and be 23, 24 and 22. Bogdanovic will be 26 this summer. Really only Fox and Giles are the "kids" at 20 and 19. He couldn't fit in better and would swing match ups our way.

Porter is a 5th year vet but he's only freaking 24 years old! I agree the players should be peaking around the same time so for comps he's the same age as Buddy and WCS who are also 24. Jackson, Mason and Skal will all have birthdays in a few days and be 23, 24 and 22. Bogdanovic will be 26 this summer. Really only Fox and Giles are the "kids" at 20 and 19. He couldn't fit in better and would swing match ups our way.
Yeah the whole age discrepancy thing gets out of hand sometimes. We don't need a roster full of 20 year olds to compete in a few years. ZBo, Carter and Temple won't be here for the mythical playoff run we all hope is coming up. Hell, Koufos is only 29. Even he could be around and still playing at a high level by the time the young guys are developed. Porter absolutely would be in his prime at his age.

To me the most likely trading the 1 scenario would be for Jaylen Brown and our pick back, while Boston gets back Hayward and may want a big in Ayton on a cheap long term deal. Don’t know if either do it

we're talking about a franchise that traded cousins because we didnt want to give him the max and now we are happy to trade our first round to tie the bulk of our cash to Otto Porter ? with so many unknowns coming up and players still developing, id rather keep that financial flexibility.

we're talking about a franchise that traded cousins because we didnt want to give him the max and now we are happy to trade our first round to tie the bulk of our cash to Otto Porter ? with so many unknowns coming up and players still developing, id rather keep that financial flexibility.
So to your first point about DMC, can you imagine how much of a disaster it would have been if Vlade had signed him to that super max and he suffered that achilles?!?!?! His salary while significant would not hinder us going forward we can still resign WCS his deal expires in 3 years and lines up with Fox, Jackson and Giles. Washington currently holds the 20th pick we could package that with our own 2nd and move up a few spots or even trade those assets for another player. We would be instantly better today and tomorrow with Otto Porter again imo.

So to your first point about DMC, can you imagine how much of a disaster it would have been if Vlade had signed him to that super max and he suffered that achilles?!?!?! His salary while significant would not hinder us going forward we can still resign WCS his deal expires in 3 years and lines up with Fox, Jackson and Giles. Washington currently holds the 20th pick we could package that with our own 2nd and move up a few spots or even trade those assets for another player. We would be instantly better today and tomorrow with Otto Porter again imo.
It is difficult to bring the whole Achilles thing into this re DMC, but clearly with the year he is/was having you pay him that money and NO will this summer. Whose to say he wouldn't have done his Achilles if he stayed in Sac, its all moot really. DMC's game is not athletic, he will return as advertised.

Of course we'd be better with Porter, hes a solid contributor/wing but id rather have my draft pick if its going to be top 3-5. If we fall below that then sure, i explore the best move to make us better and keep our young core together.

It is difficult to bring the whole Achilles thing into this re DMC, but clearly with the year he is/was having you pay him that money and NO will this summer. Whose to say he wouldn't have done his Achilles if he stayed in Sac, its all moot really. DMC's game is not athletic, he will return as advertised.

Of course we'd be better with Porter, hes a solid contributor/wing but id rather have my draft pick if its going to be top 3-5. If we fall below that then sure, i explore the best move to make us better and keep our young core together.
A 1-5 pick I probably go to the draft too but after that I lean heavily towards my proposal.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...d-karl-anthony-towns-jimmy-butler?share=other

I’d trade our pick if it was outside the top 4 for Wiggins along with WCS
Absolutely not.

Wiggins is verging on being a completely trash player at this point. Little to no effort, horrible defender, takes up a ton of usage on bad shots, inefficient, not a playmaker or rebounder. And the Timberwolves get the pleasure of paying him 25+ mil a year to basically be bad.

With that contract, he's one of the least valuable players in the NBA. I'll take Justin Jackson over him for 1/25th the price.

ok, where does:

Fox/Mason
Bogdan/Buddy
Porter Jr/Jackson
Skal/Zbo
WCS/Giles

get you? That looks like a team who'll never reach 40wins. Can you seriously bank your future on that roster? Who becomes the primary scorer? Banking on Fox or Bogdan? I just can't buy that future. You're basically banking for a big FA to sign in 2019 or 2020. Good luck.

ok, where does:

Fox/Mason
Bogdan/Buddy
Porter Jr/Jackson
Skal/Zbo
WCS/Giles

get you? That looks like a team who'll never reach 40wins. Can you seriously bank your future on that roster? Who becomes the primary scorer? Banking on Fox or Bogdan? I just can't buy that future. You're basically banking for a big FA to sign in 2019 or 2020. Good luck.
Basketball is a team game all day every day. I would bet on the current players growing as a team and individuals. Of course at the end of the day you gotta get buckets and keep in mind this is just a "kick the tires" idea but outside of a few players I don't see this draft being half as good as last year.

gunks

Hall of Famer
You know, if we end up picking lower than 5-6, I'd be open to it.

We're gonna ride Temple and Kosta (our best vets, Z-bo is a low key tank commander) to wins over all the other garbage teams and **** up our draft position by the time the season is over anyways.

The price will have to be right. But hey, just last year The Pels got a future HoFer in his prime for an underachieving, older, rookie SG and pick #10! So there is hope for a good return!

Basketball is a team game all day every day. I would bet on the current players growing as a team and individuals. Of course at the end of the day you gotta get buckets and keep in mind this is just a "kick the tires" idea but outside of a few players I don't see this draft being half as good as last year.
In the NBA, you need a superstar to win. Don't see one there. I actually think this year's top 5 is better than last year's top 5. However, I think last year's had a lot more depth and talent overall.

Obviously depending on exactly where we land in the lottery but everything should be under careful consideration with asset management right now.

Randolph + Shumpert + 1st
For
O. Porter + 1st

If Washington underachieves in the PO's they might consider changing things up. A high pick and cap space would definitely intrest them under those conditions. For us we get a sure fire SF locked up . BTW I want to specify especially if the pick is top 5 I don't make a deal without the pick swap because Porter isn't a all star level player but he checks alot of boxes for us.

Next year we step to the plate with a roster that's ready to put our best foot forward.
This type of trade makes no sense for us. We might have our future PG in Fox and possibly our SG in Bogdanovic, but we aren't a player like Otto Porter away from play off basketball.

Now I could understand the Mavericks making a move like this because they've got their PG in Smith, a solid veteran in Matthews, a good young forward in Barnes who can play both spots, and Porter can slot in and form a decent quartet. They might decide to use Noel at C and Dirk off the bench.

This sort of trade might appeal to the Mavs if they slip a few spots and want to get better next season (plus factor in wanting to try in Dirk's final year?), but it doesn't really make as much sense for us because we still need to upgrade our PF and C positions and need to commit to developing our young talent including our first round pick in this year's draft.

We aren't Otto Porter away from being a play off contender. We might get to that 30 win barrier if the team grows, but Porter doesn't have a particularly high ceiling, and we still wouldn't have a go to player. So the deal doesn't make sense unless you believe that Fox, Bogdanovic, Porter, Skal/Giles and WCS can become a play off team because a couple of them ascend towards all star status.

I believe Porter does get us into the PO's he's not a star but would fit like a glove here.
You cannot be serious. Recently, Kosta has been our best player. For a good play off-team, Kosta should be no better than your 7th best player.

There is a HUGE gap between this Kings team and the play offs. The play offs are about 2-3 years away and that is if EVERYTHING works out perfectly for this team.

Might have to consider it. If the pick this year falls outside the top 5 (knowing us we'll fall to 8th) there's no benefit to adding another non star young player to a roster riddled with ok young but not great young talent. Combined with no pick next year, and the all time record for playoff fail rapidly closing in, I would expect the Kings to ship it off for a middling vet, which actually would be more helpful in the short term. Maybe we can make a push for the 8 seed by 2020, escape the record then start a new rebuild as our old guys retire and our young guys come off their rookie deals.