Trade talks involving Casspi?

Sell high, buy low. We're still at the bottom of the league -- I like Casspi but if we could package Cisco with him and get a quality vet (who is good) with something considerable still left in the tank I'm all for it.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I doubt they would be quick to trade Casspi. He brings the Kings alot of international fans - which means $$$
If we did, I have long argued that New York/East Coast or one of the major cities would be the place you could trade him for highest value, because of his potential impact there in the jewish communities.

Off the top of my head I am having a hard time imaging what those teams would be willing to send back that would make it worth our while though.

Last edited:
If we did, I have long argued that New York/East Coast or one of the major cities would be the place you could trade him for highest value, because of his potential impact there in the jewish communities.

Off the top of my head I am having a hard time imaging what those teams would be willing to send back that would make it worth our while though.
I'll take Amare. He's not Jewish, so I doubt they care much if they lose him. Casspi + Costco pack of Noah's bagels + unlimited schmears through 2012 for Amare. Trade machine OKs it.

Bricklayer

I suppose there would always be the Anthony Randolph gamble if there is stilll belief there. But would we swap one unknown for another? Anyway, if you note the report jsut says that people have been caling about Casspi, not that we have been intiiating things, so...

I really like Casspi because he's clutch, and one of the few three point threats on this team, from the corners anyway. His team mates need to look for him in the corner more.

But above all 'cause he's clutch. He's hit big 4th quarter shots his whole career.

If he must go, we should send him to MSG where he really wanted to be in the first place! :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Omri a lot. He's young and steadily improving. If GP can package something and get back quality for the better of the team then so be it. But honestly, I really hope he stays. This guy could really, really be good.

Ugh, I was thinking about his trips to Israel while I was writing that post, but I thought he was just trying to humor the fanbase. Offer of Noah's, assorted schmears and Casspi still stands though.

Actually, you and I missed that last update at the end of the article, so I guess his Chosen status is still up in the air:

"UPDATE: Stoudemire's agent tells TMZ, 'I know there are some reports that he is Jewish, but he is not. He thinks there may be some Jewish blood on his mother's side and he is researching it.'"

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I'll take Amare. He's not Jewish, so I doubt they care much if they lose him. Casspi + Costco pack of Noah's bagels + unlimited schmears through 2012 for Amare. Trade machine OKs it.
An Amare Demarcus frontcourt would be tasty (and also unable to play defense on a kid in a wheelchair)

Bricklayer

Ugh, I was thinking about his trips to Israel while I was writing that post, but I thought he was just trying to humor the fanbase. Offer of Noah's, assorted schmears and Casspi still stands though.

Actually, you and I missed that last update at the end of the article, so I guess his Chosen status is still up in the air:

"UPDATE: Stoudemire's agent tells TMZ, 'I know there are some reports that he is Jewish, but he is not. He thinks there may be some Jewish blood on his mother's side and he is researching it.'"
That's just misguided -- there has never been a bagel made west of the Rockies that any self respecting East Coaster would so much as use as a coaster (and they are normally so stale that's all you can do with them). Its like South Dakota offering to trade California 10 of its bikini babes.

Sell high, buy low. We're still at the bottom of the league -- I like Casspi but if we could package Cisco with him and get a quality vet (who is good) with something considerable still left in the tank I'm all for it.
If you look at the numbers your really not going to be able to get a better quality offensively than Omri. Defensively you may get an upgrade, but then your sacrificing youth. The only SF I can see filling these requirements is Prince.

Plus a vet who is not controlling the ball really does no good. The area the Kings need a vet is at PG. Someone who knows when to run and when to slow things down to run the fubar offense.

You should read some of the awful posts on the kings facebook page. I've read numerous posts of people saying dealing Casspi would be OK, and we should keep Landry of all our trade chips. Reading posts like that makes me appreciate all of you so much more!

You should read some of the awful posts on the kings facebook page. I've read numerous posts of people saying dealing Casspi would be OK, and we should keep Landry of all our trade chips. Reading posts like that makes me appreciate all of you so much more!
:eek: Landry is the one we almost certainly should trade by the deadline, in order to get something for him. What are they thinking over there?

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
That's just misguided -- there has never been a bagel made west of the Rockies that any self respecting East Coaster would so much as use as a coaster (and they are normally so stale that's all you can do with them). Its like South Dakota offering to trade California 10 of its bikini babes.
Absolutely. The bagels here in Denver suck. The bagels in California were mediocre, until I moved east, when I came to realize that the California bagels did too, in fact, suck.