Trade Deadline Thread

They would have to move bagle and another 10M in contracts to make it work. Hopefully that would be Lamb and not Holmes who we can flip for PJW/Ish, but knowing us it will.
I think we cant trade any of the pacers pieces with another player for a few months. Has to be traded by himself or with picks I think.

@funkykingston and @Rain man are probably right. The wording doesnt sound like it would be for grant. Its probably olynyk. That would be too easy. Id be down though for olynyk for bagley straight up, BUT id rather have bagley and Lamb on this team till the end of the year and use their combines $20M off the books to chase Bobby portis and Yuta Watanabe in the off season. Portis at 4 next to sabonis makes more sense for the future and Yuta is flexible with good defense to play 2/3/4.

There's been a fair bit of speculation here about a trade w/the Hornets centered on Holmes and PJ Washington. Makes sense to me. But here's another possibility based on the fact that the Kings want to push hard for the playoffs and the Hornets may want to clear out older vets to make room for more of their talented youngsters, including PJ.

Hornets get a keeper in Holmes, two relatively short commitments in Bags and Moe, and move Hayward, who just doesn't fit the Melo-Bridges-Washington-Thor-Kai timeline AND takes away shots. Meanwhile, Kings go ALL in on the playoff push w/another wing who can reduce Fox's playmaking responsibilities while also helping to space the floor.

Sabonis
Hayward
HB
Fox
Davion/Holliday

Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 6.21.54 PM.png

I think we cant trade any of the pacers pieces with another player for a few months. Has to be traded by himself or with picks I think.
Are you sure about that? I dont think thst is true here because why would there then be tslk about reddish being moved again and buddy being moved (although pacers seem to have shut that down).

Sounds likely. What’s your thoughts on his fit with Sabonis and Fox?
I think Grant-Sabonis at the 4/5 would be pretty good. Very similar in style to how Grant-Jokic worked in Denver.

The bigger problem is he and Barnes are drastically better at the 4 than the 3 at this point in their careers. And I'm incredibly hesitant about trading a first, although it's not horrible value if it's just Bagley+Filler+protected FRP for Grant.

Are you sure about that? I dont think thst is true here because why would there then be tslk about reddish being moved again and buddy being moved (although pacers seem to have shut that down).
They can be moved again but not with another player. By themselves or I think with a pick. That’s how the blazers moved NAW and satoransky

Entity

Hall of Famer
I think Grant-Sabonis at the 4/5 would be pretty good. Very similar in style to how Grant-Jokic worked in Denver.

The bigger problem is he and Barnes are drastically better at the 4 than the 3 at this point in their careers. And I'm incredibly hesitant about trading a first, although it's not horrible value if it's just Bagley+Filler+protected FRP for Grant.
Bagley and Holmes no picks works also

Entity

Hall of Famer
I'm gonna be disappointed if we hold onto Holmes. Now's the best time to get another asset out of him before he goes back to being a bench big. Plus, I'd be lying if I said I'm not a little worried that Gentry is going to try starting him next to Sabonis.
Yeah I was over Holmes last year. He isn’t that great on defense. Not a jump out at you rebounder and had to be completely propped up offensively but a guy we just traded lol

I'm gonna be disappointed if we hold onto Holmes. Now's the best time to get another asset out of him before he goes back to being a bench big. Plus, I'd be lying if I said I'm not a little worried that Gentry is going to try starting him next to Sabonis.
I can absolutely see them trying to get cute and putting Sabonis at the 4 and Holmes at the 5 and we end up with crap all the way around. Sabonis needs to be a 5 and, if he's still on the team, Holmes needs to be the backup. We at least got rid of Tristan, but one way or the other we need to lose one more center off of this roster by tomorrow.

If Monte can come away with a Barnes/Grant/Sabonis frontline he gets an A+ from me for effort.

I can absolutely see them trying to get cute and putting Sabonis at the 4 and Holmes at the 5 and we end up with crap all the way around. Sabonis needs to be a 5 and, if he's still on the team, Holmes needs to be the backup. We at least got rid of Tristan, but one way or the other we need to lose one more center off of this roster by tomorrow.
Jones and Len can easily fill the backup center role, which makes Holmes our most expendable trade chip who's likely to bring back a missing piece to the puzzle.

If Holmes is here, his best role as the Kings first bench big. He would thrive in that role too.

Could Monte get his guy after all?
But was that Monte's guy or just something they could have gotten in return for Bogdan who they didn't want? This is the type of thing where you just wait. He's got a QO next summer, if you want him offer him the MLE and he's probably yours anyway. No need to give up assets. The go get him at this deadline is Jerami Grant.

I don't watch Detroit so know not much about Grant and a google search of 'Is Jerami Grant a good player' provided a classic 'Yes but...' answer. At this stage I think hold on to the pick and trade Holmes. I think Metu and MBIII are reasonable fits next to Sabonis on offence as they tend to score more from catch and shoot, offensive rebounding, and finishing from others creation. Having said that, although improved, MBIII still not that impactful on defence and seems he is likely to be moved.