Trade Deadline Thread

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I have a hard time believing that a Bagley & assets deal for Grant would be flagged by the media as a "deal for Bagley" instead of a trade for Grant. It makes me think it's a very minor deal but I have no idea what Detroit would send back.
Give me a top 59 protected 2nd and I’m throwing a party.

As long as we dont lose barnes for grant im down for sure. I actually think offensively barnes is far better fit next to sabonis and fox. He is a superior playmaker and great all around glue guy/calming presence on this team. With that said, playing next to fox and sabonis, grant would be able to play in a flow, not be forced (although he want the burden) of being THE guy offensively, but could return to being a defensive force. Mitchell and Grant on the perimeter would be a tough deal for opposing offenses and while he is not a rim protector, sabonis is a reasonably good paint defender. Offensively grant can carry the load for short runs too when needed. BUT i hope you move lamb and Bagley (likely a frp too) and see about flipping holmes for PJW and Ish smith.

Mitchell/Ish
Fox/TD/Holiday
Grant/Holiday/Harkless
Barnes/PJW/Metu
Sabonis/Jones/Len

That is a deep ass team. Good lengthy defenders, but it is somewhat weak on outside shooting.

I have a hard time believing that a Bagley & assets deal for Grant would be flagged by the media as a "deal for Bagley" instead of a trade for Grant. It makes me think it's a very minor deal but I have no idea what Detroit would send back.
It could be Olynyk straight up (unlikely) or some combo of Josh Jackson, CoJo, Lyles, Diallo, or Frank Jackson.