Trade Deadline Thread

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
But what does Toronto have to offer us, considering we are explicitly in win-now mode? We don't want picks. I don't think they're going to send us OG. Would they send Trent? They have nothing else they would possibly send that makes sense for us.

But what does Toronto have to offer us, considering we are explicitly in win-now mode? We don't want picks. I don't think they're going to send us OG. Would they send Trent? They have nothing else they would possibly send that makes sense for us.
I have no idea. I do know Raps fans have shown some interest in him.

I feel like if we're in win-now mode that Holmes is a better option than Boucher. I guess I could be wrong.
I do love Boucher, but yeah, I think i'd rather just roll the dice of keeping Holmes next to Sabonis. Boucher also headed for UFA, so you'd have to play the bird rights chicken again (I assume we'd get full Boucher bird rights?) which isn't all too appealing.

I feel like if we're in win-now mode that Holmes is a better option than Boucher. I guess I could be wrong.
A shot blocking 3 point shooter next to Sabonis would be interesting and give us roster flexibility with Barnes. Holmes off the bench would be nice too, but that would be a huge dollar number at the Center position (Sabonis + Holmes).

I don't have a problem with moving Holmes to the first big bench role. I've been saying that since last year. Though my preference is to get a younger player and/or a protected first for him. So for Boucher? Meh. I mentioned Toronto only because I know they've been eyeing him for a while.

If we’re getting crap for trading fan favorite haliburton for a 2 time allstar, imagine trading fan favorite holmes for pj Washington and ish smith. I mean most of us here see fit and potential but man the casuals and the media are gonna have a brain aneurysm when woj or shams ever tweets this trade.

Portland doing all this just to trade two firsts for Grant would be hilarious.
Please no.

• Richaun Holmes for PJ Washington & Ish Smith
  • Marvin Bagley, 2024 POR 2nd, & 2025 POR 2nd for Josh Hart
  • Boost Fox's trade value up for the rest of the season with Mitchell, Barnes, Washington, & Sabonis around him (good spacing around him and solid screen setting, passing big man for him)
  • Explore a Fox/Barnes for XYZ deal (someone who is on the same timeline as Sabonis, Mitchell, Washington, & 2022 SAC 1st) in the offseason if Fox does not appear to be a good fit with Mitchell & Sabonis long term.
  • Explore a Barnes for XYZ deal (someone who is on the same timeline as Sabonis, Mitchell, Washington, & 2022 SAC 1st) in the offseason if Fox does appear to be a good fit with Mitchell & Sabonis long term.

PG - Mitchell (30 min) / Fox (18 min) / Smith
SG - Fox (16 min) / Holiday (28 min) / Hart (4 min) / Ramsey / Davis
SF - Barnes (24 min) / Hart (24 min) / Lamb / Woodard
PF - Washington (30 min) / Barnes (10 min) / Harkless (8 min) / MEtu
C - Sabonis (34 min) / Jones (14 min) / Len

Fox = 34min
Barnes = 34 min
Sabonis = 34 min
Mitchell = 30 min
Washington = 30 min
Holiday = 28 min
Hart = 28 min
Jones = 14 min
Harkless = 8 min

Let's keep it that simple.

Last edited:
Please no.

• Richaun Holmes for PJ Washington & Ish Smith
  • Marvin Bagley, 2024 POR 2nd, & 2025 POR 2nd for Josh Hart
  • Boost Fox's trade value up for the rest of the season with Mitchell, Barnes, Washington, & Sabonis around him (good spacing around him and solid screen setting, passing big man for him)
  • Explore a Fox/Barnes for XYZ deal (someone who is on the same timeline as Sabonis, Mitchell, Washington, & 2022 SAC 1st) in the offseason if Fox does not appear to be a good fit with Mitchell & Sabonis long term.
  • Explore a Barnes for XYZ deal (someone who is on the same timeline as Sabonis, Mitchell, Washington, & 2022 SAC 1st) in the offseason if Fox does appear to be a good fit with Mitchell & Sabonis long term.

Let's keep it that simple.

PG - Mitchell / Smith
SG - Fox / Holiday / Ramsey / Davis
SF - Barnes / Hart / Lamb / Woodard
PF - Washington / Harkless / MEtu
C - Sabonis / Jones / Len
Now, us trading 2 FRP for Grant would be worthy of the "LOLLLZZZ KANGZ" move.