Total Apathy- Lowest Point as a Kings Fan

This is a really awful product. It's not just that the Kings are bad, they're just not likeable at all.

I didn't watch the Nuggets game (don't even know who won) and I decided to tune in to the 2nd half of the Blazers game.

I didn't enjoy the game at all, and I'm not trying to be negative, it just wasn't fun for me to watch.

I was pretty excited before the season with the drafting of Davion, the impressive summer league run, and the hiring of Doug as an assistant coach.

But what I feel now is total apathy, not really mad, just totally indifferent and I feel most of you on this board feel the same way as me.

We're not even at the all-star break, and I was actually super excited before the season started. I've been watching this team since the early 00's, I've seen the bad, but what I'm seeing now honestly might be the worst I've seen.

It's just awful.

Monte, Vivek, what exactly are you doing ?

If your fans are apathetic and don't even care about the team anymore, you need to do something about it. No one likes watching this.

Do something to get the fans excited, I think you've had enough time to realize what works and what doesn't.

You may think fans are going to stick around regardless but think again. People are tired of watching mediocrity year in after year out.

Rooting for making the play-in tournament may be the most pathetic thing I've ever seen. It's the epitome of short term gain over long term gain.

All fans want to see is a winning culture, that's it.

So this is a warning to you guys. Fans will leave, and they won't come back. A play-in spot is irrelevant if there are no longer any fans watching.

Peace out.

I think I got to the same point last season where I got sick of the awful quality of basketball and decided not to watch. I guess I'm still here though and want to watch the team do well and - perhaps foolishly - think they can. I don't know how many old fans are left and can't imagine they're bringing in too many new fans.

Rooting for making the play-in tournament may be the most pathetic thing I've ever seen. It's the epitome of short term gain over long term gain.
This is spot on and should be sent to Vivek and Monte. If you are so bad that you are hoping to be the 10th best team on a 15 team conference with 3 of those teams tanking/rebuilding, you should really do some self reflection on how good the team actually is.

Get the top level talent (easiest/almost only way to do it is via draft). Put yourself in a position to do that and come back stronger when you can actually compete. There is a reason why certain teams stay bad. Hoping to be 8th/10th with talent lacking roster year after year after year is the main thing that keeps you bad.

Dont form your strategy purely on luck. Thats unacceptable with majority of organizations and thats not only in sports. Hoping to getting lucky drafting 9th and lower is pure garbage strategy. It was garbage when Vlade was gm and it still is. The results for Kings fans for this strategy is there. One would think that if someone understood this, its the Kings fans.

I feel like this is the same low point we run into every year.

We feel like the team is hopeless because they can't even beat G League level teams that are missing their starters and Vivek and the GM think we're a Cam Reddish away from contending.

I’m pretty much there.

I literally didn't even know the Kings were playing last night even though I was on these forums. They aren’t fun to watch. Obviously we can all handle losing since we’re still here after nearly a whole generation of NBA players have come and gone since the Kings last made the postseason…but not even being enjoyable to watch is where it really feels like a waste of time

Until Fox/Barnes and Buddy are traded it will not get better, it's been a steady decline the moment the Kings traded for Barnes. I don't think this is even that hard a fix if the Kings can convince a team stupid enough to believe in Fox as a max player and that Barnes can help. A couple of winning role players and a above average player can get the Kings back into the playoff mix next year no problems.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Until Fox/Barnes and Buddy are traded it will not get better, it's been a steady decline the moment the Kings traded for Barnes. I don't think this is even that hard a fix if the Kings can convince a team stupid enough to believe in Fox as a max player and that Barnes can help. A couple of winning role players and a above average player can get the Kings back into the playoff mix next year no problems.
Lol….role players and an above average player gets it done? Lol

Yes, I understand this apathy very well but I feel like it's not a bad situation to be in. I expect nothing from them so I don't really care when we lose. I didn't care when Fox missed that potential game winner against the Cavs. I used to get all bent out of shape with things like that. But, at the same time, it was satisfying to watch them destroy the Lakers in that 2nd half. So...I guess I'm sort of a fair weather fan at this point, but what can you expect after this many years of just complete disaster?

I remember when we were great back in the day and watching those playoff series against the Lakers, Mavs, Jazz, etc. I literally lost sleep after some of those losses. I felt sick to my stocach after Horry hit that 3. So, while it was amazing to watch those teams back then, it was also a ton of pain after the tough playoff defeats.

Yes, I understand this apathy very well but I feel like it's not a bad situation to be in. I expect nothing from them so I don't really care when we lose. I didn't care when Fox missed that potential game winner against the Cavs. I used to get all bent out of shape with things like that. But, at the same time, it was satisfying to watch them destroy the Lakers in that 2nd half. So...I guess I'm sort of a fair weather fan at this point, but what can you expect after this many years of just complete disaster?

I remember when we were great back in the day and watching those playoff series against the Lakers, Mavs, Jazz, etc. I literally lost sleep after some of those losses. I felt sick to my stocach after Horry hit that 3. So, while it was amazing to watch those teams back then, it was also a ton of pain after the tough playoff defeats.
Haha, so true. But it is bad. You always want to be heading somewhere even if it's down in the NBA since there is a potential payoff. This is as close to stuck in the mud I can remember. The only comp is the KMart, Artest, Salmons years. They literally were just waiting and collecting late lotto picks like freaking candy.

Yes they suck. Have for almost 20 years now. BUT….they are the only major league Sports Franchise we have, or will ever have. Try to enjoy the game for what it is and for a night out once in a while. It’s just a game so enjoy the really good players from other teams that stop in once or twice a year to Show us what quality basketball really looks like. Also, try to remember what it was like when the Kings were a stones throw from leaving town for good. Felt a whole lot worse than this.