[TOR/ATL] Yikes!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
A very good game, as the Hawks were trying to get above .500 for the first time in many moons, only for Toronto to find their second wind in the fourth quarter...

And then, with 1:31 remaining in the fourth and the Raptors up eight, Al Horford ****ed TJ Ford up, bad: Flagrant-2 trying to stop a layup, and Ford fell down and hit his neck on the court, hard. They're trying to stretcher him off right now.

That did look bad -- I honestly don't think Horford meant to do it. Ford made a weird move going for the layup and the hand came down. Hope Ford is ok though.

I was at the game tonight and it was pretty scary. Everyone - Raptors, Hawks, fans and everyone else, were worried about him.

They said he's at the hospital, but he does have movement in his legs and arms.

In the heat of the moment, Sam Mitchell charged the court afterwards, I think, placing blame on Horford and Woody. But it didn't look intentional. And Horford is not that type of player.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
A couple things

Horford Sorry and Hopes the Best for T.J. Ford

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3151211&categoryId=2459788&n8pe6c=1

and

Ford out of hospital, on flight back to Toronto

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3151789

T.J. Ford has been released from an Atlanta hospital and is on a flight back to Toronto, according to ESPN.com's Andy Katz and ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher.

Ford will be further evaluated when he arrives in Toronto.

Former NBA player, coach and Ford workout coach John Lucas told ESPN.com that he spoke with Ford's girlfriend, Candace Dixon, Tuesday night and that she told Lucas that Ford had feeling in his arms and legs and did have range of motion. Lucas said Dixon told him they were awaiting results of a CAT scan and that Ford didn't lose consciousness.

Horford insisted he did not try to injure Ford, who had 26 points.

"Definitely not. I'm not a dirty player," Horford said.

Horford said he was fooled by Ford's move as he went up for the layup with 1:32 left.

"He just made a good move and fooled me."

Bosh said it didn't look like a dirty play by Horford.

"Al kind of mistimed it and hit him in his head," Bosh said. "I don't think he meant to do it on purpose. He was making a basketball play. He just got him right on his head."