Tony Mitchell:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
No, not the Tony Mitchell that played on our summer league team. This Tony Mitchell plays for North Texas in the Sunbelt conference. I've only seen him play twice, but he was so impressive that I had to take notice. Of course everyone will mention that he plays in a lesser conference, and that the scouts aren't sure exactly what position he plays. One thing is for sure, he's a very talented and athleticly gifted young man.

He stands 6'8.5" tall with a 7'3" wingspan. He runs the floor like a deer, and is an explosive leaper. He loves to play defense, which is what attracted my attention. He averaged 3.0 blocked shots a game last season as a freshman. He has good lateral quickness and is very good at keeping his man in front of him. And, he seems to come from just about everywhere to block a shot.

Offensively he put up very good numbers. He averaged 14.7 PPG shooting 56.7% overall. And although he only took around 40 shots in 22 games from the three point line, he shot 43.9%. He's also a good freethrow shooter at 73.9%. As a bonus he averaged 1.5 Assists as well and 1 steal a game.

This someone to keep your eye on this coming season. Personally I think he can easily play the SF position due to his athletic ability. But I could also see him playing PF in the future as well. I'm anxious to see what he brings to the table this season. Here's a little video from last season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS9no-OW5UE&feature=related