Ticketmaster ripping people off.

isn't stubhub resale? There's all kinds of reasons why you could be seeing this, on top of just cost of living in each area, and the general supply and demand for each team, I imagine that CA which remains one of the more severely locked down states over the past 15 months has a lot less entertainment options than TN which I imagine has been a lot less restrictive. I know there is plenty of live music going on every night in Memphis and Nashville competing for that entertainment dollar and would bet they've been selling tickets to in person games a lot sooner than 2-3 weeks ago.

Reminds me the last concert I attended - Iron Maiden, sold out in hours. Somehow I decided I'd go day of and checked Stub Hub or seat geek or something, Found floor tickets for like $20 over face, sweet, was about to click buy but figured I'd humor myself and try the Rose Quarter direct page. Lo and behold there were floor tickets available for face value and only the standard fees instead of all the resale extras, and as the ultimate bonus I was able to finally use my not entirely useless ticketmaster lawsuit vouchers to knock another $20 off.

Last edited:
I’ve always wondered how much Kings games cost in Arco/ Golden one. One could have probably looked it up but nah I’ll just ponder instead :D

The year Malone had the kings on the road to the playoffs I went to my one and only Kings game in Minnesota. I decided to go big since I figured I’d likely never make it to Sacramento. I bought my tickets on Craigslist from a young professional woman who had court side season tickets. She couldn’t make the game because she was flying to Argentina to see a Justin Bieber concert :D I paid about $300 for the pair and that included a meal in their exclusive area. It was a fantastic experience and we even got a high five from Cousins. I never realized how intimate nba arenas are though and would probably just choose middle of the road seats next time.

I did you check after fees. The problem is Ticketmaster is charging almost $100 in fees for four tickets buying over the web. 4 $74 dollar tickets runs $384
Dang I didn’t know you needed 4. I am bummed you can only buy tickets in groups of 2’s or 4’s...sometimes I just wanna go to a game solo and unwind completely by myself. Will be interesting to see how they change things next season and what lame rules and changes become the norm like the new can’t eat or drink in your seat rule

Dang I didn’t know you needed 4. I am bummed you can only buy tickets in groups of 2’s or 4’s...sometimes I just wanna go to a game solo and unwind completely by myself. Will be interesting to see how they change things next season and what lame rules and changes become the norm like the new can’t eat or drink in your seat rule
yeah we wanted 3 but then had to buy 4. Then with the $100 in fees for a web transaction and no food or drinks in your seat it doesn’t seem like a very attractive option. We are thinking about changing plans and just going to a restaurant.

yeah we wanted 3 but then had to buy 4. Then with the $100 in fees for a web transaction and no food or drinks in your seat it doesn’t seem like a very attractive option. We are thinking about changing plans and just going to a restaurant.
After going to Sundays game, I would say that your money could definitely be spent better elsewhere. I enjoyed myself because of who I was with, but it was hard to even care about the game (probably because it was a blowout for the whole game). Your mileage may vary...

After going to Sundays game, I would say that your money could definitely be spent better elsewhere. I enjoyed myself because of who I was with, but it was hard to even care about the game (probably because it was a blowout for the whole game). Your mileage may vary...
yeah spending $381 for 4 tickets in the upper reaches of the lower bowl with no food or drinks at the seat doesn’t sound very appealing. Especially when watching what amounts to a G league game.

Ticket master charging a 32% uplift for web delivered tickets ordering online is absurd.

It will be interesting to see how long the paying public will stand for a "can't eat or drink in your seat" rule.
If you are spaced out, vaccinated and/or have a recent negative PCR test, what's the point?

I get they are being cautious, but why even go if you have to sit in a mask and watch a game without refreshments?

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I swear some of you complain about just about anything. My goodness.

I just got two tickets to go to the last game of the season as a birthday gift and I'm happy for the opportunity. My son and I will be going.
  • We've both had our second shots, so we won't have to take a COVID test and hope to pass (no false positives or asymptomatic positives, etc.).
  • Do I care if I'm not jammed up next to someone else in the crowd? Heck no. More legroom to the sides (especially for my 6' 2" son). All good in my book.
  • Do I care if I can't eat at my seat? No. The game is in the early afternoon. I'll have eaten lunch. I'm good.
  • Do I care if I can't drink at my seat? Not really. I'm there to enjoy the game, not obsess about if I have a drink in my hand. I'll live, I promise.
  • With the games no longer on Dish, I haven't seen a game in a while. They've been playing somewhat better as of late, so I'm glad to be able to see a game again.
  • It will be nice to be in the arena again and watch a game. I'm appreciative of what I have, and I'm not going to gripe about a few temporary measures/inconveniences enacted during a pandemic that actually still allow me to be able to attend a game at all.

Last edited:
I think you’re misinterpreting. Going to a game for many of us is an experience. So if the experience is greatly diminished and we have to wear masks, that seems the opposite of enjoyable.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I think you’re misinterpreting. Going to a game for many of us is an experience. So if the experience is greatly diminished and we have to wear masks, that seems the opposite of enjoyable.
Whatever floats your boat. Going to a game is an "experience" for me as well, you know.

You seem to act like this is an arbitrary decision made in a vacuum instead of as a public health measure in the middle of a pandemic where widespread vaccination still hasn't been achieved. I'll happily wear a mask if it means going to a game again, especially the last game of the season.

It's really not that big a deal.

Whatever floats your boat. Going to a game is an "experience" for me as well, you know.

You seem to act like this is an arbitrary decision made in a vacuum instead of as a public health measure in the middle of a pandemic where widespread vaccination still hasn't been achieved. I'll happily wear a mask if it means going to a game again, especially the last game of the season.

It's really not that big a deal.
I hope you get to see the kings win their 4th in a row after the Spurs lose their 4th in a row. (Or at least a competitive loss if we out of the play in race. :p)

Hey Reverend, that’s the way I like to go to the games, by myself (usually). That way I can really concentrate on the game and all. Besides my wife doesn’t like all the loud noise inside.

Hey Reverend, that’s the way I like to go to the games, by myself (usually). That way I can really concentrate on the game and all. Besides my wife doesn’t like all the loud noise inside.
Hell yeah man. I hear you about being solo my girlfriend is a lakers fan (puke) so whenever I go if were not facing the lakers I already know she won’t be interested and I end up riding solo like jason derulo

yeah spending $381 for 4 tickets in the upper reaches of the lower bowl with no food or drinks at the seat doesn’t sound very appealing. Especially when watching what amounts to a G league game.

Ticket master charging a 32% uplift for web delivered tickets ordering online is absurd.

it's been a few years but i used to have a seat in the "upper reaches of the lower bowl" and it cost about a hundred bucks a game (on a season ticket plan).

the real deals were those two games (atlanta/dallas) when blm shut down the arena and the only people who got in were people who were there at 5:30pm.

anyone could sit wherever they wanted. i sat two rows behind the dallas bench and watched yogi ferrell absolutely ream a seven foot euro teammate for not knowing the set. in his face like he was captain of the team and the poor big guy could only say, "people make mistakes" in response.

because of that, i never had any faith in yogi and i think he's out of the league after his stint with the kings.

i think joeger was our coach and it was revealing watching carlisle call out plays/sets every time down the court (on offense) while joeger hardly ever did that - just let the players freelance. this was pre-luka, but the dallas point guards would bring the ball up on the bench side of the court to get instructions on the way upcourt from carlisle, who was VERY involved in every aspect of play.