Thread for the stubborn optimistic fans. Only for positive thoughts.

Hi everyone, lots of negativity around and probably rightly so. However, life is already difficult and being fan of a club should be fun. İn this framework I'm starting this thread for KingsFans who want to stay positive and in complete denial.

İ believe we will make the playoffs and the reversal will start tonight... We will beat Denver. Then we'll have Fox back, then Bagley. Both will show their worth. Even the one paying for Dallas who shall not be named will bow in appreciation...

And yes, although these predictions seem too far fetched, i REALLY do believe we can make the playoffs. And if we can't this year, I'll believe we can make it the next!

Let's enjoy the ride.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
It's still possible to make the playoffs IF this team can stay healthy. We haven't seen yet a stretch of even 10 games in which Fox, Bagley and the rest of the crew are healthy. They need health for the sake of continuity. They need continuity for the sake of cohesiveness. And they need cohesiveness to win consistently.

What we've witnessed so far has been a "patch job" The jalopy has sputtered down the road, broken down, got repaired, sped down the hill at times (Houston & Dallas) and then broken down again. When the new carburetors got inserted into the old jalopy, the older parts didn't have time to adjust to the high octane full mixture. Instead, both carburetors again needed repair. For the jalopy to turn into a solidly built vehicle that can consistently gets you from point A to point B, the new carburetors have to be inserted and good length of time has to transpire for the parts to adjust and the mechanic to do his tweaks. Then you'll finally be able to see a fully operational vehicle that everyone can recognize as nice ride.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Human beings approach everything from two different perspectives. The logical one, and the emotional one. Unfortunately, sometimes they're not on the same page. Logic tells you that you can't lose two of your best players (Fox, Bagley) for most of the season, and also lose another top player (Bogi) for multiple games, and and expect the team to meet previous expectations. It's just not going to happen. That's logic, but it's a hard pill to swallow.

Emotion tends to be illogical more often than not, and while those emotions will have influence, they shouldn't be allowed to overrule judgments made logically. Well, we all know that's a bunch of BS, right? I'm just like everyone else. I'm disappointed! At the same time, I do see a light at the end of the tunnel, and know, that if Fox and Bagley come back, and stay healthy, and the team goes on a 6 or 7 game winning streak, all will be well with the world again.

So I'm not quite ready to go into my tank mode just yet. I firmly believe that this team can still turn this thing around. As they say, "Hope springs eternal".

12-21 isn't terrible, all things considered. With a record like that we would normally be long gone from a playoff push. As it stands we are 2 games behind the 8th spot while being well into a slide that is several games long, coinciding with 2 of our best players being injured. We should probably have a worse record than we do.

Regarding the multi-game slide: most of these games that we've lost were by less than 10 points, many of which came down to the final 2 or 3 possessions. That says that we are a competitive team. Walton is teaching focus and discipline and it looks like the players are at about 90% in terms of where he wants them to be mentally. Incremental progress to our teams focus, as well as getting Fox and Bagely healthy, could turn things around very quickly.

Last edited:
I have resolved to be patient with the Kings. Hard to do considering all the history but the last thing I want to see is another reset. The Kings are very close IMO.

Fox looked very good this last game and the team is deep. Mr. Holmes has been playing his butt off and has surpassed expectations. Cojp plays the best one on one defense the Kings have seen since that one game Luc Mbah hounded CP3. Coach Walton grew up around the game and has as good a grasp on what it takes to win as anyone. The team has been playing hard and many losses have been close.

GO KINGS!!!!!!!!!! BEAT LA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warriors lost 2 of their top starters for most of the season, but still have 2 all stars on the court. Kings have lost 2 of their best starters for most of the season, no all stars on the roster, but still have a better record than the Warriors. That says that to me that the components are there for a playoff level team. It also shows how important it is to have the healthy, consistent squad in order to compete in this league.

Warriors lost 2 of their top starters for most of the season, but still have 2 all stars on the court. Kings have lost 2 of their best starters for most of the season, no all stars on the roster, but still have a better record than the Warriors. That says that to me that the components are there for a playoff level team. It also shows how important it is to have the healthy, consistent squad in order to compete in this league.
Particularly with a new head coach. Having to insert essentially new guys into the lineup on a team that is already brand new has to be tough for a coaching staff.

Fox is in year 3. This is when he should start coming into his own as a point guard. He’s ahead of schedule.

Marvin is oozing with potential - and still very raw. By the end of next year - he will be a beast. He and Richaun could be a front court that other teams fear - the wrecking crew.

Buddy is going to make shots and Barnes is pretty steady. There is a lot to like going forward.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I mope and wine as much as anybody, but I wouldn't even be around if it wasn't for a little bit of optimism.

I'm a believer in Fox. Once he's confident in that shot, he's gonna be a beast of a PG.

Holmes is a monster. Hopefully we find a way to lock him up long term.

I still like Luke, despite recent results. A lot of people pine for a pushing of pace, but let's not forget that once that gimmick got figured out by the league, the Joerger coached teams were a joke. Horrible record to close out the season. Luke is going about it the right way.

I probably won't post a lot in this thread (I'm more of a Negative Nancy type), but props to @bubulina for making it. I'm happy it's here for you guys who keep the faith! Go Kings!!