Think About D Cousins (Really)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here me out.

When Sabonis leaves the floor, we are litterally a different team. We cannot play through center, no passing inside out, we have no interior presence.

Enter Cousins. One of the best passing, I side big men to ever play the game. He would fit perfect, you don't need the center to run to play fast and his outlet passes at least match Sabonis as well as his passing. He can shoot the 3 as well.

Please tell me how he is not a upgrade over what we have?

I don't believe having a King Great in the building can hurt moral.

Entity

Hall of Famer
If he had any sort of defense in the middle I would be game with him coming in for a 10 day. Get 5-8 min and see what he looks like

No. He's a cancer (this is the main reason nobody has signed him) and we finally have great chemistry. He can't help himself - he ends up disrupting the team chemistry one way or another. He also can't play defense (was never really his thing) because of his injury issues. He was mediocre at best with Golden State and Denver.

No. He's a cancer (this is the main reason nobody has signed him) and we finally have great chemistry. He can't help himself - he ends up disrupting the team chemistry one way or another. He also can't play defense (was never really his thing) because of his injury issues. He was mediocre at best with Golden State and Denver.
Is he really a cancer? And as far as chemistry goes, we are still building it. Metu has zero defense so idk where that defense argument stands.

He would be welcomed back a kings legend as well. I think he's changed his ways honestly. And nuggets had nothing bit good things to say about him. Perhaps they have better options at back up Center, but can we really say the same? Hell metu isn't even a center

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
No, he's not. If he was he wouldn't have had ANY chances lately. Even Jokic didn't trust him at first but realized Cuz is fine. Yeah, the reason Cuz is out is because he's hopeless guarding pick and roll at this point. Well, so is Sabonis in a drop scheme, so is Jokic, the Kings having someone that can punish teams down low would be a good fit IMO. Even at this stage he's more effective than Domas is in iso.

I would rather them bring back Harry Giles than Cuz.

And I have zero interest in bringing back Giles.
As much as I love the fairy tail of Giles, he isn't 1/10 the player cousins is. To say such is pure disrespect.

Quinta doesn't have close to the same skill set as Sabonis. The main point of cousins is so we don't have to deviate much from what we do with 1st team to 2nd. Honestly think cousins and sononis could fit nice together even on court at same time.

Cousins never relyed on athleticism to be good. He's a skilled big man. Idk why such hate with him

As much as I love the fairy tail of Giles, he isn't 1/10 the player cousins is. To say such is pure disrespect.

Quinta doesn't have close to the same skill set as Sabonis. The main point of cousins is so we don't have to deviate much from what we do with 1st team to 2nd. Honestly think cousins and sononis could fit nice together even on court at same time.

Cousins never relyed on athleticism to be good. He's a skilled big man. Idk why such hate with him
Exactly, Cuz would bring an isolation skill set that could hopefully help this offense when it's struggling. Giles won't do that. He can pass the ball but this is always going to come back to who can generate points when the other team takes the Kings first option away on those high post and dribble hand off sets. Right now the system buster is Monk because he's the only other player outside of Fox that can get consistent looks on his own. They are relying heavily on him as the bail out which is either there or not. Cuz will pretty much always be either drawing a foul or getting a shot up in an area of the floor that the Kings don't really get much of without it being assisted outside of Domas. And if it doesn't work, you cut him, this wouldn't be a long term gamble with someone like him.

I have to dissagree with you here, from all our C, Queta has the closest game to Sabonis due to his passing abilities... BTW, Queta vs Wiseman tonight in th G-League looks interesting.

I have to dissagree with you here, from all our C, Queta has the closest game to Sabonis due to his passing abilities... BTW, Queta vs Wiseman tonight in th G-League looks interesting.
Quinta had 3 assist. Hes def not a pass 1st big or a passing big for that matter. But I've been calling for Quinta for some time now. But coach does not believe in him. But that could change over night with this coaching staff. We've seen people go from starters to no pt overnight.

Cousins is better than those options minus dev of Quinta. Metu and Holmes ain't got it

Why does it say N/A on replay?

wishful thinking. Cousins was a big problem when he was healthy.
What makes you think he will help the team after aging and having injuries?

Status
Not open for further replies.