The Wrestling Thread~

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I’m so burnt out on the bloodline. I guess I want to see where Jey is in all of this, but really I just want CODY to win the titles and be on with a post/bloodline wrestling world.
Whenever I read comments like this, it always serves to remind me that there are actually people who like Cody Rhodes.

I can understand someone having Bloodline fatigue, but I don't know how or why anyone would try to reasonably make the argument that this angle hasn't been gold. The Roman/Sami story leads perfectly into the next PLE, which is Montreal, so that crowd is going to be red hot. And this Roman/Jey story has been some of the best long-term booking I've ever seen.

I'm sincerely happy for Cody but he exhausts me after a month or two.

I love what they did with Jey and Sami last night.

I'll be honest my biggest disappointment was Rhea. Like I get it but I've just completely lost all interest in her from the start of 2020 to today.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
So…

Sami/Roman happens at EC, Jey chooses the Bloodline and beats down Sami setting up Sami/KO Vs The Usos at WM.

Usos lose
Roman loses
Bloodline implodes on the Raw After WrestleMania.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
If I had never watched wrasslin' prior to this week's episode of Raw, that Bayley/Becky segment would have been incontrovertible proof that it's scripted entertainment. Because if Bayley said that line about Seth without Becky's advance knowledge and consent, we would have seen a shoot fight on live TV.

Anything that ends the Bloodline is a-okay with me!
I hear you.

I don't necessarily mind the Bloodline as a faction. I do mind, though, that they have been given so much power across the board, that the WWE feels like they should all be champions forever. I'm tired of waking up every single day of my life for the past handful of years knowing that Roman Reigns is allegedly "MY" champion. And not because I wanted him to be "MY" champion, but rather because the stupid WWE does.

Good to see fresh blood at the top of the Federation... er "E". Its just the same as when I quit watching regularly minus all my favorites that dropped dead. They need a strong competitor to kick them in the pants like WCW and ECW did in the mid 90s, shake things up and make them fresh again.

If they actually put out a decent wrestling videogame again that might re-capture my interest too.
I was looking back at old messages, and I came across this "gem" from @pdxKingsFan back on April 7, 2009...It will ALWAYS be known as the "F" to me, and never the "E". As soon as they got the "F" out (no pun intended), the overall product began to spiral out of control (in my honest opinion).

I was looking back at old messages, and I came across this "gem" from @pdxKingsFan back on April 7, 2009...It will ALWAYS be known as the "F" to me, and never the "E". As soon as they got the "F" out (no pun intended), the overall product began to spiral out of control (in my honest opinion).
I think the only reason I finally stopped saying WWF is because my kid doesn't know what the hell I mean.

But thankfully I can deadname a company all I want when talking to old timers.

I think the only reason I finally stopped saying WWF is because my kid doesn't know what the hell I mean.

But thankfully I can deadname a company all I want when talking to old timers.
You know, I just realized that...Maybe the company doesn't refer to the titles as the "World Wrestling Entertainment Championship" like they used to say "World Wrestling Federation Championship" because they felt that, by saying it that way, they were more prone to slip the tongue, and say "Federation" instead of "Entertainment".

It's far easier to say "WWE Championship" than it is to say "World Wrestling Entertainment Championship"...

It sounds much better, as well. "World Wrestling Entertainment Championship" just sounds so very stupid...

You know, I just realized that...Maybe the company doesn't refer to the titles as the "World Wrestling Entertainment Championship" like they used to say "World Wrestling Federation Championship" because they felt that, by saying it that way, they were more prone to slip the tongue, and say "Federation" instead of "Entertainment".

It's far easier to say "WWE Championship" than it is to say "World Wrestling Entertainment Championship"...

It sounds much better, as well. "World Wrestling Entertainment Championship" just sounds so very stupid...
I would love it if whoever buys the company goes back to calling it a Federation and just leaves the stock ticker or whatever WWE as an umbrella for their non-wrestling ventures.

Was that post from 2009 or 2019? I'm thinking if I was talking about video games it was AEW? That's supposed to be free on game pass sometime this year and crossing my fingers it doesn't suck. I'll probably buy the 2k game though.

I would love it if whoever buys the company goes back to calling it a Federation and just leaves the stock ticker or whatever WWE as an umbrella for their non-wrestling ventures.

Was that post from 2009 or 2019? I'm thinking if I was talking about video games it was AEW? That's supposed to be free on game pass sometime this year and crossing my fingers it doesn't suck. I'll probably buy the 2k game though.

Eh, I guess. I think the Bloodline has been highly entertaining, and Roman has been gold since the Thunderdome. If I didn't know that they were the same person, and you'd told me that the Head of the Table was the same guy who once said "Sufferin' Succotash" in a promo, I'd have laughed in your face.
Oh, I agree with you. They absolutely have been highly entertaining. But I do also think that they can still be highly entertaining walking around without any belts.

I'm a little worried with which way they will go with Cody and Sami (if they split the titles up I am ok with that) but I think the Bloodline has been a masterclass in an old school faction dominance with a pretty stellar beginning and the potential for an incredible finish.

And titles are props and in this case these props are absolutely essential to the story arc. The fact that they own every major title in WWE is important in establishing them in kayfabe as on par with the Horsemen or Evolution. I'd still like to see the Rock play a part in blowing it up but it's unnecessary now.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
And titles are props and in this case these props are absolutely essential to the story arc. The fact that they own every major title in WWE is important in establishing them in kayfabe as on par with the Horsemen or Evolution. I'd still like to see the Rock play a part in blowing it up but it's unnecessary now.
May I ask why?

I sometimes wonder if I'm the only wrasslin' fan in the world who never wants to see any legends back in the ring again?
For the record, my interest in the Rock is very specific to this storyline with the Anoa'i family. It's final boss. It would legit establish Reigns as an attraction without a belt for the rest of his career a la Lesnar.

This isn't "oh cool bring back a legend".

I can see the vision. I'm just not convinced that a win over the Rock would accomplish that.
well the haters would probably still hate. I'll give you that.

In the back of my mind the Rock is always head of that table as long as he is in the public stream of consciousness. hell didn't Roman and the Usos show up in one of the FF movies as basically like favors to Rock?