The Wrestling Thread~

Sounding like the Saudi’s bought WWE.
Saudis?

Jesus. I'm out out. wow.
Like ... even the video library is ruined forever now probably?

and women's wrestling. damn.
and holy hell what about Sami..

god I am at a told loss for all the repercussions this is going to have.
This feels doubly unfortunate, because AEW isn't close to being ready to take over the Number One spot.
What in the actual H-E-Double Hockey Sticks? If the rumors are true, I am officially done with the WWE, and will be 100% All Elite.

@Mr. S£im Citrus, you might be partially correct in your assessment of AEW, but I don't think they're as far off as some might be led to believe. And, if the Saudi rumors are true, all AEW needs to do is play their cards right, and the number one spot will be theirs to grab, and cement for as long as they want.

I like AEW. I really do. Biggest problems are: a) it's run by a mark and b) he has no idea what to do with the women, but keeps hiring them. and I guess c) he kept hiring every big name WWE released and wound up with way too big a roster for not enough TV time, and yet still put out a pretty terrible second product in Rampage.

But 75% of the in ring is great. The comedy stuff I guess I am just too old for because sure I liked comedy wrestling when I was younger, but the AEW comedy is really cringe to me.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Honestly wonder if this leads to the formation of another company. With Dwayne Johnson buying out the XFL and with a bunch more time on his hands thanks to him losing a power struggle at DC, I could see him getting together with some of the ousted WWE guys and seeding a new promotion, especially now that Vince has made that entire company toxic as ****.
No one likes looking like the good guy more than the Rock.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I like AEW. I really do. Biggest problems are: a) it's run by a mark and b) he has no idea what to do with the women, but keeps hiring them. and I guess c) he kept hiring every big name WWE released and wound up with way too big a roster for not enough TV time, and yet still put out a pretty terrible second product in Rampage.

But 75% of the in ring is great. The comedy stuff I guess I am just too old for because sure I liked comedy wrestling when I was younger, but the AEW comedy is really cringe to me.
If Khan had even an ounce of showmanship in his body, he’d offer HHH several boatloads of money to come over and make a third show with the huge wave of ex-WWE guys out there and then promote the hell out of it.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Now would also be the perfect time for the Japanese promotions to level up their English content. (Putting this out there in the hope that someone reads this for completely selfish reasons)

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Honestly wonder if this leads to the formation of another company. With Dwayne Johnson buying out the XFL and with a bunch more time on his hands thanks to him losing a power struggle at DC, I could see him getting together with some of the ousted WWE guys and seeding a new promotion, especially now that Vince has made that entire company toxic as ****.
No one likes looking like the good guy more than the Rock.
Dwayne Steph and HHH!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Also, shout out to Mickie James.
First time that I can recall one of these "I'll retire if I lose a match before winning the championship" storylines actually pay off with the wrestler becoming champion.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Seems like the rumors were people jumping the gun… there’s other names out there, so hopefully this was a controlled leak to see the reaction?
If Vince didn't know how the world would take him selling the company to Saudi Arabia after several years of people raising hell about him doing business with Saudi Arabia, he's even dumber than I thought.

I don't even recognize Vince.

Anyways, I just got an email from WWE promoting NXT which I guess I didn't watch last week, Gigi and Jacy are co-number one contenders? Safe to say this is the end of the road for one of them? Probably Gigi?

I don't even recognize Vince.

Anyways, I just got an email from WWE promoting NXT which I guess I didn't watch last week, Gigi and Jacy are co-number one contenders? Safe to say this is the end of the road for one of them? Probably Gigi?
Yeah, they were the last ones standing in the battle royal, and both went over the top rope, hitting the floor at the same time (i.e. Bret and Shawn in the Royal Rumble). Therefore, both will be in a triple threat match for the NXT Women's Championship.

Yeah, they were the last ones standing in the battle royal, and both went over the top rope, hitting the floor at the same time (i.e. Bret and Shawn in the Royal Rumble). Therefore, both will be in a triple threat match for the NXT Women's Championship.
I just can't see both of them surviving their eventual breakup. Not like Mandy wasn't the best thing about Toxic Attraction but it really sucks for one of them.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Get ready to hate me, because I'm about to be That Guy™:

I'm not a fan of the Sol Snatcher.

Like, visually, it's impressive but, ultimately it's just a handstand into a cutter. Which means it requires a borderline suspension of disbelief-breaking level of contrivance in order for Sol to hit it. I make an exception for tag team wrestling but, generally speaking, I'm not a fan of finishers that require that much setup unless it's for dramatic purposes, like The Rock going into his show business before delivering the People's Elbow, or stalling before applying a Figure Four. I dislike the O-Face/Eclipse for the same reason: not a fan of finishers that look like the wrestler taking the move is doing all the work.