The Wrestling Thread~

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
If that's not how the either get the belt off Roman, or turn Roman face which will make it a lot easier to get the belt off of him, then I will be hugely disappointed. Roman vs. Cody? PUHLEEZE.

Random WWE (mainly NXT) thoughts:

Having Mandy in NXT is MONEY, especially for the young gals that are showing up.
Having Natalya in NXT will also be MONEY, as long as she's around to work with the young gals, and groom them into potential superstars.
I am trying REALLY hard to REALLY like Cora Jade, but she hasn't done anything to gain my fandom just yet. She's still young, though, so she has a lot of time.

Super stoked to see Cody back.

And, finally, as always...

I'm beginning to get REALLY annoyed at the "E" blatantly trying to shove their big name stars down everyone's throats. Roman is becoming stale. But, yet, he keeps on getting the massive push. So. Freaking. Annoying.

Last edited:

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
You want Roman to hold the belt for another year? Because there's no way that match would happen before WM39. And if Cody doesn't win the belt between now and Mania, then his return to the E was totally pointless.
I don't buy Cody kayfabe taking it off him in a one on one match.

I did say that Rock should help getting the belt off Roman not necessarily be the one to do it. So totally possible Rock comes in to celebrate the family at SS or Survivor Series and costs Roman the belt. If that happens in a match vs. Cody that is much different than just Cody vs. Roman. It sets up the big WM payday and an eventual face turn for Reigns.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Roman’s been annoying for like a combined 6 of his seven years on top. His return from cancer was amazing, and the beginning of his heel turn was too. Everything else…

I like Cora. She’s not quite there yet, but like you said she’s super young still with lots of room to grow and she’s just endearing to me. Plus, I’m a sucker for “Real life superfans living their dreams” stories she has right now. Har fan-girl’ing out to Natalya was cool.

More NXT;

The taller Creed brother could be getting Bron Breaker’s push and I wouldn’t bat an eye. Dude is awesome.

I don’t know a lot about Pretty Deadly, but I like them already.

I really hope Trick Williams learns to wrestle because he’s money everywhere else.

Joe Gacy’s character arc has been bizarre, but I kind of like it.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Leave it to the WWE to ruin careers with a name change...

Report: Two NXT Superstars Getting A Name Change

No one in the WWE had/has the ability to come up with a better name for either? Heck, I can probably spend 5 minutes and come up with 10+ names for EACH...
Katana Chance is hilarious, and I’m indifferent to it because Kacy has shown up and disappeared like 5 different times. She isn’t established enough for me to really care.

Alba Fyre sucks. Especially because she’s been heavily featured for years at this point under KLR. Wonder if there’s going to be any explanation at all.

Wonder who else is going to get awkwardly and unexplainedly renamed. Like during the gauntlet match when CRUZ DEL TORO was suddenly in and I was like “WTF?!”

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
It is crap but WWE never lets folks wrestle with their real name.
Meh to that. While it may be mostly true that they didn't let wrestlers use their real names, apart from obvious exceptions like John Cena, Ronda Rousey, Brock Lesnar and Randy Orton (and less obvious ones, like Mickie James, Jillian Hall and Johnny Gargano), there's tons of precedent for them allowing wrestlers to use names that they brought from outside of WWE: WWE certainly didn't create CM Punk, Mercedes Martinez, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Beth Phoenix or Roderick Strong. This is about Vince wanting to have total control over a wrestler's character, so that they can't go outside of WWE and make money off that character. Which I think (and I believe most of us would agree) is bull****.

Apparently Alba is Gaelic for Scottish? I saw that somewhere, don't know if true.
KLR's new ring name is indeed (allegedly) supposed to be Gaelic for "Scottish Fire," which is still stupid, but she's good enough to make it work. Katana Chance is just plain stupid, full stop.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Meh to that. While it may be mostly true that they didn't let wrestlers use their real names, apart from obvious exceptions like John Cena, Ronda Rousey, Brock Lesnar and Randy Orton (and less obvious ones, like Mickie James, Jillian Hall and Johnny Gargano), there's tons of precedent for them allowing wrestlers to use names that they brought from outside of WWE: WWE certainly didn't create CM Punk, Mercedes Martinez, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Beth Phoenix or Roderick Strong. This is about Vince wanting to have total control over a wrestler's character, so that they can't go outside of WWE and make money off that character. Which I think (and I believe most of us would agree) is bull****.
I guess what I should have said is it's apparently a big no-no right now that he's not letting folks do it. He certainly has allowed it for more established stars and for legacies (but then turned around and tried to keep Cody from the Rhodes name) and he's stuck a Steiner legacy with one of the stupidest names ever. It's annoying and dumb and it's stupider when they have been around for 2-3 years and he does this.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Don't lie. You actually DID NOT like Deuce and Domino...You claim to have liked them because you actually liked

View attachment 11032

more...:p:p:p
I was pretty wrapped up in the rockabilly revival scene in the 00s. So as stupid as a greaser gimmick was in the WWE Universe, I actually was all in. I don't have the energy to do the pompadour thing anymore but I'll be buried in my rocker jacket.

I was pretty wrapped up in the rockabilly revival scene in the 00s. So as stupid as a greaser gimmick was in the WWE Universe, I actually was all in. I don't have the energy to do the pompadour thing anymore but I'll be buried in my rocker jacket.
I hear you. There have been some EXTREMELY cheesy gimmicks over the years that actually suckered me all the way in. One that instantly comes to mind is/was Eugene. Very cheesy, but highly effective.

Is it just me, or is anyone else annoyed when storylines (primarily those on NXT) are put on, what seems to be, a bi-weekly schedule? For example, they seem to schedule some sort of an angle involving Cora Jade and Toxic Attraction one week, and then either, or both, get some promo time the week after. And then, nothing happens during week 3. And, finally, they resume their storyline in week 4, hoping that the casual WWE/NXT fan actually remembers what took place way back in week 1.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Gotta love Vince going and signing Bret Hart to a deal because one can only assume it’s to stick it to AEW and The Revival.

I’m all for it. I have very few thoughts and feelings towards the actual AEW product, but I completely despise it anyways because of their online fanbase other places.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Is it just me, or is anyone else annoyed when storylines (primarily those on NXT) are put on, what seems to be, a bi-weekly schedule? For example, they seem to schedule some sort of an angle involving Cora Jade and Toxic Attraction one week, and then either, or both, get some promo time the week after. And then, nothing happens during week 3. And, finally, they resume their storyline in week 4, hoping that the casual WWE/NXT fan actually remembers what took place way back in week 1.
I’ve actually always liked that about NXT. All throughout the non gameshow / Redemption stuff it’s never had to feature every act every single week. Always felt like it helped a bit preventing overexposure. Everyone doesn’t need to be on every show every week.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I liked when NXT was an hour and the angles developed slow over 3 months to a Takeover and you might go two weeks without seeing a wrestler.

I started watching around the first Wrestlemania when the typical WWF style was squash matches and a promo with Mean Gene about the match at Arco (or Garden when I moved East). So of course I began to appreciate the Monday Night War era when you wouldn't know who was going to win the match just by who actually got an entrance. But some time after that we started some version of the PPV match every week and it took something away.

The NXT and AEW shows did a pretty good job cleaning that up but NXT went to two hours and a little more bloated and AEW started taking all the WWE young talent who was underpushed and I think they started focusing a little two heavily on the top draws, pushing others to Dark, which sucks imho.