The Wrestling Thread~

Not that I expected to see him back wrestling in the ring anytime soon in the first place, but HHH makes it official that his days as a wrestler are now behind him. He was one of the good guys. Can't wait to hear his HOF induction speech; I only assume that he is going to have some crazy stories to tell :)

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Wowww, was not expecting that main event result for NXT! Thrills me, because I don’t like Breakker. He’s a fine wrestler but is boring as hell. There’s plenty of good wrestlers who are also entertaining. I hope Melo’s next.

Also shocked by the Woman’s Title result. Thought tonight was the entire downfall of Toxic Attraction. Wonder who’s next for Mandy? Newly signed Rok-C? (Who I know nothing about but have heard great things)

MSK drive me nuts, but they’re better than Imperium who have had two of the most dull title runs in NXT History. Creeds should have won though. They’re guys who just “get” wrestling. Excited for their future.

The opening ladder match was also boss with the absolute right winner. It’s crazy that Grimes spent so much of his career as a good wrestler that scowls a lot because he’s one of the most fun and charismatic dudes around. Glad he finally won the gold.

Raquel returning and being Dakota’s friend again was weird. I’m glad Dakota finally won a title, but strange way to make it happen. Wish it would have been her and Choo.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Dakota's already won a title; she's already won that title. Wendy got screwed. They basically took a super circuitous route to making Raquel/Dakota a babyface team, and Wendy was collateral damage. They also never bothered to explain why Raquel and Dakota were cool, after blowing off a blood feud, three months ago.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I haven't watched a lot of NXT 2.0 and tuned in late today but why on god's green earth are R&D cool? I saw a tweet about it earlier this week and it almost made me watch just to see how can be?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I haven't watched a lot of NXT 2.0 and tuned in late today but why on god's green earth are R&D cool? I saw a tweet about it earlier this week and it almost made me watch just to see how can be?
No reason at all. Raquel showed up to defend Dakota last week, offered a fist bump, and Dakota hugged her.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Night 1 of Mania rocked, btw.

I was never a Stone Cold fan as a youngster. Quite the opposite, actually. The guy actually drove me away from watching. I’ve always found his schtick insufferable but that was still surreal to watch play out. As a one-and-done (hopefully) it was great.

Becky and Bianca had one of the best women’s matches I’ve seen. Bianca’s such a phenomenal in-ring talent, I really hope the character catches up because The EST does nothing for me. Wonder who’s next? Maybe they call up Io or KLR and have non-horsewomen bangers.

Charlotte / Rhonda was rough with a bizarre ending. Charlotte is one of my least favorite people in the company, and everything I’ve seen of this Rhonda run has felt off. Didn’t expect much here.

Cody’s return was a special moment. Then he started wrestling and … oh yeah, it’s just a Cody Rhodes match. Dude’s never been able to hold my attention. People tell me it’s all about his amazing character work and story telling but I just don’t get it.

Logan Paul could be the top heel in WWE if he wanted it.

Drew and Happy was a WrestleMania match that happened. Drew’s been rough since his entire character shifted to having a sword. Should be saved for special occasions (LIKE MANIA!) and not be an every single week thing.

Poor Boogs. That’s a rough injury.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Legendary Colts punter comes out to the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders and gets tossed a Dallas Cowboys football to punt into the stands.

Does it get anymore Indy than that?

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
When Pat got his toast I was hoping he'd get stunned just because. Why would anyone ever toast Austin? Do they think they are better than Byron?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
i never really understood the hate for guys like reigns and cena when they were faces and the love for guys like brock.
It’s about staleness to me.

Cena was the same dude for a decade.

Roman hasn’t changed a thing in 2+ years.

At least this version of Brock Lesnar is bringing something different to the table character wise. It’s fun seeing him be a character for once without Heyman.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
they do need to get whatever end game they have with Rock coming in to break up the family table but I was pretty confused with Brock this year - I thought they were doing something with Lashley and then he was legit injured so I thought he was out for Mania, but he had a match. so I thought this year was an audible but then ultimately it wasn't? I guess that's an argument I should watch the weeklies more often but I can't. lol. They are so bad.