The Wrestling Thread~

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I mean, okay, but it's also one which makes sense, in context.

Personally, I don't have a whole lot of empathy for people who walk into a comedy set halfway through, and complain that they don't get the punchline to a joke that was set up during the half of the set that they missed; that's what this "The Man" criticism is, to me.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Pat McAfee has signed on a multi-year deal.

Dude’s great in small doses on the NXT preshows... wonder if they have bigger plans for him. He’d be an interesting on-screen character.

Another part of my childhood gone. I miss the old interview style vs the never ending promos of today. It lent some credibility in the age of kayfabe plus he could help get someone over who was a good worker but not as great on the mic.

RIP

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Didn’t watch WrestleKingdom last night. But saw Kenny Omega’s entrance, and it was awesome.

“Hopes & Dreams” (the song he entered to) is one of my all time favorite video game songs, so I was instantly pumped.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Any thoughts on the emergence of All Elite Wrestling, backed by the Khan Family (owners of the Jacksonville Jaguars)

I despise CODY and The Bucks, so my interest is non-existant now. But with billionaire backers, can WWE actually have competition on the horizon?

On that note, a lot of speculation where Kenny Omega is going next. Stay in NJPW? WWE has apparently made a “fantastic offer”, and AEW has a similar offer on the table.

Any thoughts on the emergence of All Elite Wrestling, backed by the Khan Family (owners of the Jacksonville Jaguars)

I despise CODY and The Bucks, so my interest is non-existant now. But with billionaire backers, can WWE actually have competition on the horizon?

On that note, a lot of speculation where Kenny Omega is going next. Stay in NJPW? WWE has apparently made a “fantastic offer”, and AEW has a similar offer on the table.
Who does all elite wrestling have that can draw?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member

As a workrate mark, in general, and a "scientific wrasslin" mark, in particular, the Bucks aren't really my taste. But I respect anybody who's doing well enough, just from working the indies, to be able to tell Vince, "**** you, we don't need your money; we're making more than you'd probably be willing to pay us, anyway, just doing the indies, and we get to keep all the money from our merch sales, and we get more time off than we would if we worked for you, and we have total control over our gimmick."

I also think that a lot of the people who are the most vocal critics of the Bucks may take wrasslin' too seriously.

I'll give AEW a shot.

Impact just had their last episode on POP and their new network isn't available to cordcutters best I can tell (also not on Comcast or Spectrum either). So I'll likely have room if they get a deal that is watchable for me.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Man oh man, Braun Strowman has been officially “Ryback’d”... he’s never going to recapture the magic.

Going to be even worse when he loses again in a few weeks.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Word on the street is that Rousey will be taking an indeterminate amount of time off after Mania, to start a family, and may be considering complete retirement. If she doesn't do the honors on her way out, I will be one angry bit of produce.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Word on the street is that Rousey will be taking an indeterminate amount of time off after Mania, to start a family, and may be considering complete retirement. If she doesn't do the honors on her way out, I will be one angry bit of produce.
Well that’s a shame (for wrestling, not for her) because she had a Kurt Angle like knack for this crazy business.

You’d think she’d for sure do the honors, but with WWE you never know