The Wrestling Thread~

I guess she has a few months to decide. If she does take time off or retire I hope she gets some acting lessons in case she decides to come back.

the correct thing is for her to do the honors but if there's any chance she comes back, I kind of think they need to have her go out on top. And this is kind of the danger when you shoot someone to the top before they determine the biz isn't right for them (reports I read cited the travel schedule, they could give her a Brock deal if they wanted. Please no, but...)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Word on the street is that Rousey will be taking an indeterminate amount of time off after Mania, to start a family, and may be considering complete retirement. If she doesn't do the honors on her way out, I will be one angry bit of produce.
That statement brought me a visual image I will be chuckling over for a long time. :)

Maaaaaaan. Unless they have something big planned for the Men’s Rumble that should have been the ending shot with the crowd going nuts for Becky.
It's going to be hard to top that.

Also gotta hand it to WWE for putting together one hell of a women's roster. There was no joke in that (besides the Swoggle/Vega bit, which worked well). Of the least deserving workers in that match, two are monster heels and one never even got in the ring. They even managed to make Dana look good. Also very happy to see Bliss back.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Maaaaaaan. Unless they have something big planned for the Men’s Rumble that should have been the ending shot with the crowd going nuts for Becky.
Moving forward, I think that the division that has the strongest storyline, heading into Mania, should main event the Rumble. And it's clear that they don't have a clear direction for the men's division right now. They probably didn't want the Women's Rumble to main event twice in a row, if only for fear of telegraphing the finish, but I thought it was still a bad decision.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
It's going to be hard to top that.

Also gotta hand it to WWE for putting together one hell of a women's roster. There was no joke in that (besides the Swoggle/Vega bit, which worked well). Of the least deserving workers in that match, two are monster heels and one never even got in the ring. They even managed to make Dana look good. Also very happy to see Bliss back.
I mean, that whole bit with Maria and Foxy was pretty jokey, but the point is well taken.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
That Nia nonsense did nothing to save it.

——

And I don’t care about Rollins right now either. Dude’s really good in the ring, I’m just bored of him ...

Last edited:
That is Rollins problem. His speaking voice is like nails on a chalkboard and he's relatively boring on the mic anyway. Yet, he's a good in-ring worker. Most of the time those qualities added together make a person a career mid-carder.

I mean, that whole bit with Maria and Foxy was pretty jokey, but the point is well taken.
That's fair, Fox has been in the division forever though and I think that's evidence of just how far we've come with the division.

I think my biggest complaint about the night, and this PPV moving forward, is having two rumbles on one card is just awful. Last night, the men's rumble was pretty much a joke.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
So pumped for Becky/Rhonda. Also I’m really glad she found her voice in that second promo because she was SHOOK for the opening.

& Hopefully Charlotte doesn’t somehow find her way into the match.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member

Damn, this sucks. LuFisto was one of my favorites: made her name on the indies as a hardcore/"garbage match" wrestler, who evolved into a strong-style technician. Poor woman was snakebit, though: major injury after major injury, cancer, and another major injury.

Hopefully she's at peace with her decision. Thanks for the memories, Super Hardcore Anime!