The Wrestling Thread~

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Sadly, Brock winning the title was only the third-dumbest thing to happen on that show.
#1 has to be Shane McMahon taking his throne atop the “Most annoying McMahon” power rankings.

And.... HBK wrestling again?

Honestly those are the only other things from the entire show that I remember reading about.

what the hell.

I didn't watch, who knows if I ever will. these stupid saudi shows are carnival acts in an already carnie business for rich oil bajillionaires who just want to see all the guys that were around when wrestling was still cool. I'm not boycotting because of the political situation, but I'm not going out of my way to watch stuff that makes the nostalgia acts at WM seem fresh.

So Brock WON?!????

ugggh

As much as I don't want a female Brock, I really don't care for how they've packaged Ronda.

eta: I posted that before finishing the show. I <3 Becky Lynch so much.

Last edited:
I never want to see women get color in the ring intentionally but last night that just put her over the top. I kinda feel like that is who Ronda should be. None of this Hot Rod stuff (it was cool while she established herself, over it now) or silly makeup/face paint. And her promos betray the fact that she is legit the baddest woman in WWE. I imagine it's a matter of time before they turn her and put her with her crew although it is WWE.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Apparently the Survivor Series match is off because Nia Jax exploded Becky Lynch’s face and concussed her last night.

I re-upped my network for this match alone, and now it’s gone because Nia Jax is a terrible professional wrestler.

Well that is depressing. However it protects them from doing something stupid like not having Becky win although I'm pretty sure the folks in charge realize she might be the hottest thing going right now. Mania seems too far away not to have already advanced this into 4HW WWE vs 4HW MMA.

Not really a credible threat for the SS match now, what can they do?

I came here to post that.

I can't even. This is Austin level stuff. Please don't screw it up WWE.

Also I hope they can figure out a way to deal with Nia that doesn't involve her going down and injuring half of NXT's female roster.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Becky’s on another level right now.

Rhonda meanwhile is kind of tanking for the first time since the WM build with the weird “MILLENIAL” stuff despite their TWO DAY age difference.

Rhonda meanwhile is kind of tanking for the first time since the WM build with the weird “MILLENIAL” stuff despite their TWO DAY age difference.
Is Ronda writing her own material or being handed it? It is seriously C level stuff and it makes me wonder if she was given extra control and is doing these things to herself or if someone "professional" is botching it this bad?

Maybe because they don't want her to be female-Brock they aren't sticking her with a mouthpiece and aren't having her just destroy everyone in site (the way Becky is right now). They need to get her MMA 4HW together sooner than later and hopefully one of them can talk.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I read elsewhere she wrote the Nikki Bella “Banging down John Cena’s door” promo so I’m kind of dreading she’s in charge of these...

Hope she isn’t though.

I read elsewhere she wrote the Nikki Bella “Banging down John Cena’s door” promo so I’m kind of dreading she’s in charge of these...

Hope she isn’t though.
If she is then creative can step in and fix her. Lose the horrid makeup, get her into a jacket that fits ffs, and have her start wrecking both rosters, forcing the WWE 4HW to reunite to conquer the invaders at Survivor Series 2019.

In ring she is fine so if she was just given extra creative control I'm sure they can steer her the right way.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I dread a WWE vs MMA 4HW gimmick. Ronda is still green as hell, and Shayna, who had quietly been wrestling on the indies for a few years before getting signed by WWE, is still barely competent. Duke and Safira can't possibly be any good.

I dread a WWE vs MMA 4HW gimmick. Ronda is still green as hell, and Shayna, who had quietly been wrestling on the indies for a few years before getting signed by WWE, is still barely competent. Duke and Safira can't possibly be any good.
I think Shayna has really improved and may be one of the best pure heels they have. Without a doubt the other two probably aren't even NXT-tv ready but it shouldn't matter. It's really about using Ronda and Shayna as destroyers, they're just there for backup and possibly to eat a few bumps so Ronda and Shayna don't have to.

It's gonna happen sooner or later.

I'm a workrate mark. I'll grant you that Shayna has improved significantly as a character, but she's still barely competent as a wrestler.
I'm somewhere in the middle - and I'm probably willing to cut the MMA folk some slack on workrate if they are booked right. I also think it has a short shelf life, so I don't want to see them build the MMA 4HW for a year or two at the expense of all the female talent on the roster (I have no hope for Duke and Safira as anything other than henchwomen).

Huh, I actually think Shayna’s pretty decent in-ring in the bully asskicker role. There’s better sure, but she’s nowhere near bad.
To me that's what they are there for. They're an attraction. If they actually blossom into legit wrestlers with long careers that's great. Otherwise, why waste time and potentially spoil the payoff by trying to make them something they arent? Have them do what they do best by beating the crap out of the women's mid-card and then feed to the women you've been pushing for 2-3 years now and move on. There's no shortage of very talented women looking to make a break in WWE right now and many of them will never make it beyond an opening match or being relegated to whatever role they've shoved Dana Brooke into.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Takeover was really really good.

MOTN; Black/Gargano. I’ve never quite been sold on Black, but he brought it! Never don’t wear black trunks though, my man.

War Games was nuts.

Ciampa / Dream was really good. Dream’s only 23. Hopefully they don’t rush him up to the main roster and screw him up. Love Ciampa.

Just happy Sane lost. Can’t stand anything about her presentation. The pirate/ship nonsense is the worst.

Now onto sure disappointment tonight in SurSeries.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I don't want to live in a world where anyone would root for Shanya Baszler over Kairi Sane, for any reason that's ever existed, or any reason yet to exist. As a matter of fact, I don't really want to live a world where anyone would root for Shayna Baszler, period. I don't even care if it's a "vote" against Kairi Sane more than it's a "vote" for Shayna Baszler; the end result is the same. And that's terrible. :confused: