The State of the Kings

Time to rebuild?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I respect your opinion but there are definitely worse coaches out there and still coaching, unfortunately. Walton needs to be a lot better but he isn’t a complete lost cause IMO
Fair, to say he's the worst is harsh. There are several bad ones out there, although I'm not confident enough to say that they're worse than him.
I do believe Walton is a lost cause, however.

who cares if he was fine with lebron lebron doesn’t wanna be coached and begged Riley to fire Spolstra
Who cares? Clearly not the ones who don't know where their bread is buttered. And he begged Riley to fire him? Yeah, comes full circle as good as he's done look who just happens to be stomping his way right over that same coach. It's a players league now more than ever. Ask Phil Jackson. Nobody is untouchable and if you come in with the amateur garbage we saw from the coach who didn't in last in LA then you better be prepared for a short stint if somebody wasn't manipulating you to make the moves you did. Vlade has already owned half of it, we'll see where the other half lands.

A. The only coach Lebron has ever been fine with was Ty Lue, who acted as Lebron’s Assistant Head Coach in Cleveland.

B. Lebron and Klutch play office politics to exert full control over the franchises they join. They tried to get Spo fired. They were always going to undermine Luke because of his direct pipeline to Jeannie. Full stop. Luke underwhelmed this year, but Lebron’s opinion is meaningless.

C. The AD trade, orchestrated by AD’s agent, Lebron, was great for Lebron and got the Lakers an asterisked championship. It will also put the Lakers deep in the wilderness for most of the next decade, barring league shenanigans. Now, they can usually count on league shenanigans, but someone like Luke or Magic, with a direct line to Jeannie, may have provided counsel on the long term downside risk. Magic was not offering those picks at the deadline. Maybe it was still worth it; many would argue it was. But neither Pelinka nor Lebron were looking beyond this year. They’re not Lakers lifers—they don’t care. So, we’ll see—but Luke had to go, in Klutch’s eyes, for reasons well outside of coaching.

Who cares? Clearly not the ones who don't know where their bread is buttered. And he begged Riley to fire him? Yeah, comes full circle as good as he's done look who just happens to be stomping his way right over that same coach. It's a players league now more than ever. Ask Phil Jackson. Nobody is untouchable and if you come in with the amateur garbage we saw from the coach who didn't in last in LA then you better be prepared for a short stint if somebody wasn't manipulating you to make the moves you did. Vlade has already owned half of it, we'll see where the other half lands.
lol I’d hope they stump Spo he doesn’t have Dragic and Bam is playing hurt. Either way the point is looking at lebron and saying he doesn’t like a coach means jack crap dude doesn’t want to be coached

It’s the middle of the night here in Australia but seems nobody has posted anything for days. Is something or nothing going on that I’m unaware of ?

Now that the Pacers have hired an assistant from the Raptors, who else thinks Mike Dantoni will be coaching the kings after the all star break? He isn’t my favorite coach but I do think he fits the roster. The kings will probably limp into the all star break and McNair will have an opening to hire his own coach.

SVG to the Pelicans. A few thoughts:

A. Barring 70+ games from Zion next year (unlikely), that front office will find themselves on the hot seat. They have second round of the playoffs level aspirations, and I don’t think SVG is the guy for that. Assume they’re looking to recreate his Orlando teams, with Zion as Dwight Howard. This is looking like a prime candidate to make a panic trade at next season’s deadliine.

B. Imagine Ingram will take a serious look around in RFA now. If we can clear some cap, I think we’d be in pole position to sign him due to Luke and Gentry. Whether the Pelicans matched...who knows? Probably. But, ironically, they may want to do a max deal to reduce costs if revenue drops, whereas another team may offer a dollar defined deal.

A. Barring 70+ games from Zion next year (unlikely), that front office will find themselves on the hot seat. They have second round of the playoffs level aspirations, and I don’t think SVG is the guy for that. Assume they’re looking to recreate his Orlando teams, with Zion as Dwight Howard. This is looking like a prime candidate to make a panic trade at next season’s deadliine.

B. Imagine Ingram will take a serious look around in RFA now. If we can clear some cap, I think we’d be in pole position to sign him due to Luke and Gentry. Whether the Pelicans matched...who knows? Probably. But, ironically, they may want to do a max deal to reduce costs if revenue drops, whereas another team may offer a dollar defined deal.
Yea, I agree with both points. Although I would add that they're likely to make moves in the off season. By trading Jrue and then resigning Ingram. So to get Ingram, think we'd have to offer the max (or near max).

I've been high on Ingram for a few years now. Can legitimately play point forward. Only thing missing from his game is a shot. Would very much like to get him on the same team as Fox. Would likely need to punt Barnes and Bogi or Buddy to fit him in under the cap.

lol there’s n such thing as a guy leaving his team after his rookie deal if he’s decent let alone having just won most improved

lol there’s n such thing as a guy leaving his team after his rookie deal if he’s decent let alone having just won most improved
He’s an RFA—this is akin to Lavine. I assume Pelicans would match, but would not be surprised if Ingram signed an offer sheet somewhere. As I insinuated, these are pretty unique circumstances. The Pelicans may want to do a max (% of cap) to reduce player costs should revenue and the cap decline. Whereas, another team could offer a dollar defined near max and perhaps scare the Pelicans off matching.