The Sabonis Thread

because this board is often so one sided and lacks any balanced perspective sometimes things need to be said. Certain people take delight in driving away those who don’t agree and it’s an attitude that bugs me. You see it with increasing frequency these days in all aspects of life.

and yes it is irrefutable that Sabonis has helped this team win in the regular system. It is also irrefutable that Sabonis has not made it past the first round of the play-offs. Now it could be due to injuries or it could be his game can be stopped offensively and exploited defensively in the playoffs when teams have more time to prepare.

Him improving from 3 and at the line will go a long way to changing that perspective. If he takes and makes 3+ a game at over 36% that will go a long way. Especially in the play-offs where giving Sabonis the 3 and helping off him will be the game plan.
Expecting him to make 3+ a game is insanity lol. You're saying you want him to shoot 8 3s a game essentially. There's 18 players this season making 3 3's a game and none of them are bigs.

Where we do agree is he can't be passing wide open shots like he did last playoffs. He hasn't this year, thankfully and I'm guessing his injuries were a main reason why he did last playoffs.

Expecting him to make 3+ a game is insanity lol. You're saying you want him to shoot 8 3s a game essentially. There's 18 players this season making 3 3's a game and none of them are bigs.

Where we do agree is he can't be passing wide open shots like he did last playoffs. He hasn't this year, thankfully and I'm guessing his injuries were a main reason why he did last playoffs.
he has still passed open 3’s and still does. So I agree 8 3’s a game is too much but I would like to see him take 5-6 3’s a game at 36-40%. If he can do that it completely changes the nature of the Kings offense.

he has still passed open 3’s and still does. So I agree 8 3’s a game is too much but I would like to see him take 5-6 3’s a game at 36-40%. If he can do that it completely changes the nature of the Kings offense.
IMO it's not about how many 3's he takes its those middies that I wish he would pull the trigger on without hesitation like C-Webb used to do.

5-6 is still insane. Why? Domas is so efficient and so good at creating offense, I don't see the need for him to start forcing 3's "just because"

It has to be game dependent. If a defense has their plan to just play 10+ feet off and basically give him that shot every.. then he has to have the confidence to pull. Same with the mid-range. Just no hesitation, let that thing fly. I could not care less if he takes any jumper contested. If it's open, in rhythm, he needs to shoot it. That simple.

5-6 is still insane. Why? Domas is so efficient and so good at creating offense, I don't see the need for him to start forcing 3's "just because"

It has to be game dependent. If a defense has their plan to just play 10+ feet off and basically give him that shot every.. then he has to have the confidence to pull. Same with the mid-range. Just no hesitation, let that thing fly. I could not care less if he takes any jumper contested. If it's open, in rhythm, he needs to shoot it. That simple.
I would say the scenario you describe in the last paragraph occurs 5-6 times a game.

no I think Sabonis is playing to and maybe above his potential.

People in the business are either compensated by how they feel a player can or can’t help you win a championship. Or Reporters are compensated on communicating that opinion. People aren’t hating when they are basically doing their job.
Well, you found out that there is a player in NBA Domantas Sabonis when he got traded to the Kings? You want his body and his game to be different? Hoping for the better basketball player to occur?
I see no point to start discussion with you. I watched Domas dad playing since he was 15. I watched Domas play since he was 15 too. Domas father was a one of kind center. If an order would be for the lab to build best possible C - outcome would Arvydas Sabonis.
Domas? With the regards to the measurements - it's a D-. Though one thing tries to compensate where other things lack - he has exceptionally strong bones and all his skeletal structure is unique. Domas is deceptively quick.
Enough. First time Domas faded for whatever reason when it mattered against GSW. I am pretty sure, this PO Domas will be different. Just be patient, soon the real games will begin.

"Sabonis playing above his potential"???????? That's the first. Despite been around sports forever, occasionally I come across against utter insanity. That made me smile :)