The OFFICIAL premature reaction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that gets me is if you want a big, go with an elite defensive big. Also, luka has so much value that you could trade down and grab a defensive big. None of this makes any sense.
Exactly if you don't want Luka at least leverage him and trade down to 4-5 and get another asset and gamble on Bamba who has a much higher ceiling than Bagley.

Worst thing you can do is get no value from Luka at #2.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The more people hate this pick the more I think we got it right. GO KINGS!
MINOR TECHNICALITY: Until Adam Silver reads the name on the card, we don't know who the pick will be. The Kings don't even turn in their pick until AFTER the Suns have made theirs.

regardless of whether or not the rumors are true it makes me so damn angry. Like what is the good that they are doing?? Ruining he draft for everyone?????? And if it ends up not being true it makes me even more angry.

My official premature reaction is like getting gut punched by this team. Again.

Only they can take a consensus 1-2 and draft someone else.

I'll cheer for him... I hope I'll eat the crow down the road... but damn he's not the guy I wanted.
I know! I was so happy this time because I saw this as an obvious “one or the other” situation!!!!!!! But apparently not. I wish we had just got the number three pick and then I wouldn’t be so angry

My official premature reaction is like getting gut punched by this team. Again.

Only they can take a consensus 1-2 and draft someone else.

I'll cheer for him... I hope I'll eat the crow down the road... but damn he's not the guy I wanted.
Porter would have been a punch to the gut. That would have been brutal. The fact that that we even had to entertain him as a possibility was a slap to the face with a smelly fish for long suffering fans. Without the suspense to our pick, I am eager to see how fall he falls. I don't think he goes #4 (Grizzlies) or #5 (Mavs). He never deserved to be a Top 5 pick and tonight I think he will get what he deserves. Maybe the Magic take him at #6. Ha-ha, suckers.

The thing that gets me is if you want a big, go with an elite defensive big. Also, luka has so much value that you could trade down and grab a defensive big. None of this makes any sense.
And every highlight i see, looks like another WCS to me. Just ... wtf

I don’t get it

People need to calm down.

None of the national or local writers know who the Kings are going to pick.

So take all the rumors with a grain of salt.

I think there is a reason the Kings are keeping the decision so close to the vest, and that is they want to make sure no one trades up to #1 to get their man! hmmmmm....
I pray you’re right!!!

Joerger must be thrilled. Bagley is Randolph 2.0. Majority of his shots come at the rim. Rebounds well. I just hope Bagley can expand to a stretch 4. Shoot the 3 effectively. Being one hand dominant scares me, as well I am hoping that's the 2 areas he really focuses on this summer.

Unfortunately, this does not solve out gaping hole at the 3. Kings we'll be starting the season with Shumpert/Jackson sharing duties. That is scary. There are not tons of options in FA.

Parker, Mcdermott, and Hood. All Restricted.

Joerger must be thrilled. Bagley is Randolph 2.0. Majority of his shots come at the rim. Rebounds well. I just hope Bagley can expand to a stretch 4. Shoot the 3 effectively. Being one hand dominant scares me, as well I am hoping that's the 2 areas he really focuses on this summer.

Unfortunately, this does not solve out gaping hole at the 3. Kings we'll be starting the season with Shumpert/Jackson sharing duties. That is scary. There are not tons of options in FA.

Parker, Mcdermott, and Hood. All Restricted.
Sounds like another 27-29 win season to me, if that’s the case. Jackson is not a starter in this league, now or ever IMO

Clearly I’ll be disappointed if Bagley’s name is called for the 2nd pock tonight. BUT, we have to root for the kid. We want him to like Sacramento, in case he does well. :D

On a side note, we have to trade WCS and/or Skal if Bagley is the pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.