The Kings Should Build A Team Around...

'Reke or 'Cuz

• 'Reke

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • 'Cuz

Votes: 28 90.3%

• Total voters
uh...both?

the team doesn't need to be built around one or the other...

they complement each other, and the rest of the team needs to be constructed to complement them, as well...

In my opinion Cuz is better than Reke. Reke is good but Cuz is the kind of player you build a team around if his head stays on straight.

Yep, if it was an option, I'd vote both. Absolutely no reason to make this about Cousins vs. Reke. They don't play the same position or have the same skills. We should be rooting for Cousins and Reke. They have the potential to be a great duo for years to come. Then we just need to fill in around the edges.

I have no idea why some people are so anxious around here to pit one against the other.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Kobe vs Shaq! Kobe vs Shaq! Start the countdown, we're already doomed! ;)
It will be inevitable.

But of course total title's won by Shaq without a great guard = 0. And total titles won by Kobe without a great big = 0. So in the end the inevitable agendas and fanboys and haters and all that other crap is just B.S. Its got to be both, or its not going to be enough.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Do we HAVE to pick one? Regardless, I agree with most of the people here saying that we do indeed need both to build around plus another top 5 lottery pick this year and we should be able to start being relevant again atleast in the .500 fashion.

Yes you HAVE to pick ONE. That's why I did not add BOTH as an option....to make you all think a bit more than you would actually like to think...If I had BOTH as an option, then hell yes I'd say BOTH, but since I only had two options, I am gonna go with D-Cuz, B-Cuz right now, he seems to be the one with the greatest upside and most potential. Evans will be great, but I think we should build around Cuz...

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Yes you HAVE to pick ONE. That's why I did not add BOTH as an option....to make you all think a bit more than you would actually like to think...If I had BOTH as an option, then hell yes I'd say BOTH, but since I only had two options, I am gonna go with D-Cuz, B-Cuz right now, he seems to be the one with the greatest upside and most potential. Evans will be great, but I think we should build around Cuz...
Then the simple answer is not to vote.

Why, oh why, would you deny the fact that we have a great core with a strong guard and a fantastic post player? One drives the lane well, and the other has enough skill to play and both the high and low post. They're already becoming complementary to each other. We don't need to pick one in order to build around. We have TWO. TWO young, fantastic talents. We're on the upswing.

tyreke has two years left on his contract after this season. demarcus has three...

that said, this poll isn't worth considering for at least another two years...

I won't vote on rigged polls that are trying to create a divisive situation between the team's two best players. You need both and more to go deep into the playoffs. To ask about one or the other is asking to get rid of one of them. No vote is my answer.

No we don't have po pick one! No one with a rational mind is interested into a fanboy fantasy of picking one player to build around. Fact is this team is not going to go anywhere if we build around one of these guys. We need to build around them BOTH, not just one and preferably get another player of equal importance to REALLY stamp ourselves as a great team in the making.

Tyreke without Cousins will get this team nowhere, just like Cousins without Tyreke will get this team nowhere.

If we as a franchise want to be successful in the next 10-15 years then we MUST build around both. Look at the winner in the last 20 odd years and bar the exception of the rule that were the Detroit Pistons, all the other teams had at least 2 players of equal importance that they couldn't get it done without.

In some sort of fantasy land, you could build around 1 guy but in reality you need 2-3 to be considered a contender! Even arguably the greatest player of all time in Michael Jordan couldn't do anything until Scottie Pippen arrived. Without Pippen, Jordan doesn't get all those rings!

Tyreke and Cousins are both of equal importance to this franchise.

Lol I like how he says: "Evans will be great, but I think we should build around Cousins." lol, wth, what does great even mean to this guy?

Yep, if it was an option, I'd vote both. Absolutely no reason to make this about Cousins vs. Reke. They don't play the same position or have the same skills. We should be rooting for Cousins and Reke. They have the potential to be a great duo for years to come. Then we just need to fill in around the edges.

I have no idea why some people are so anxious around here to pit one against the other.
I am not trying to pit one against the other, I just wanted your opinion. chill out dude...

Then the simple answer is not to vote.

Why, oh why, would you deny the fact that we have a great core with a strong guard and a fantastic post player? One drives the lane well, and the other has enough skill to play and both the high and low post. They're already becoming complementary to each other. We don't need to pick one in order to build around. We have TWO. TWO young, fantastic talents. We're on the upswing.
Again, as I said above, I am not denying the fact that we have a great core. I agree, we have a GREAT core. I just wanted to know if people on here wanted to see this team built around Evans' style, where he brings the ball up the court and then finds the inside presence, or drives and kicks out to shooters all the time (Think Steve Nash with the Suns).

OR

if people wanted to see this team built around Cousins, where he gets the ball down low and either takes it to the rack or kicks it out to shooters (Think Tim Duncan with the Spurs)

No we don't have po pick one! No one with a rational mind is interested into a fanboy fantasy of picking one player to build around. Fact is this team is not going to go anywhere if we build around one of these guys. We need to build around them BOTH, not just one and preferably get another player of equal importance to REALLY stamp ourselves as a great team in the making.

Tyreke without Cousins will get this team nowhere, just like Cousins without Tyreke will get this team nowhere.

If we as a franchise want to be successful in the next 10-15 years then we MUST build around both. Look at the winner in the last 20 odd years and bar the exception of the rule that were the Detroit Pistons, all the other teams had at least 2 players of equal importance that they couldn't get it done without.

In some sort of fantasy land, you could build around 1 guy but in reality you need 2-3 to be considered a contender! Even arguably the greatest player of all time in Michael Jordan couldn't do anything until Scottie Pippen arrived. Without Pippen, Jordan doesn't get all those rings!

Tyreke and Cousins are both of equal importance to this franchise.
Yeah but still those Bulls teams were built around Jordan......guys like Pippen, Kerr, Kukoc, etc. were just complementary players....

If you weren't trying to pit one against the other, then you probably should have included an option for both
I guess the better response woulda been for me to better restate my question....All I wanted (and still want) to know is if people would rather see a team built like San Antonio (where they got it to TD down low and he made the choice, whether to take it to the rack or kick it out to a shooter like Tony or Manu) or one built like Phoenix (where Nash anchors the offense, and either shoots, drives and kicks it out to a shooter, or pounds it down low to Amare, Marion, Shaq, etc.)

And I only chose Cuz cuz I feel this team would be more effective if we anchor our offense down low and then kick it out to guys like 'Reke, Omri, Donte, Cisco, etc. Evans as a ball handler, to me at least, won't work in the long run. He makes a couple of mistakes with the ball, one of which is his tendency to want to pass the ball when he is in the air....I have yet to see him perform this task with high efficiency. Actually, I take that back. He does perform that task with high efficiency. He is very efficient at passing it to the other team...

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I guess the better response woulda been for me to better restate my question....All I wanted (and still want) to know is if people would rather see a team built like San Antonio (where they got it to TD down low and he made the choice, whether to take it to the rack or kick it out to a shooter like Tony or Manu) or one built like Phoenix (where Nash anchors the offense, and either shoots, drives and kicks it out to a shooter, or pounds it down low to Amare, Marion, Shaq, etc.)
How about one built like the Lakers in the 70s, 80s, early 00s, the Pistons in the 80s, etc etc.? Those teams (and many many more) were built upon both a dominant big man (Old man Wilt, Kareem, Shaq) and stellar guard play (West, Magic Johnson, Cryant). The aforementioned teams were all great but only because they were a product of utilizing BOTH of their stars to their full potential.

As has been stated by many people with more brain power than I on numerous occasions, supreme teams are built upon dominant inside AND outside play.