The Kings need to make a trade/signing ASAP

Yeah, but the flipside to that is that if PDA feels pressured to make a move to win back the fans or change the conversation that it might be a bad trade.

That said, I didn't get the sense at the KHTK interview that D'Alessandro would make a knee jerk move. He recognized that fans were upset and his responses all doubled down on his plans going forward. I think he is much more concerned with being ultimately vindicated than appeasing fans in the short term. Personally I doubt either will happen.

100% agree. Fans (and more importantly) players need to move on.

As for trades? Let's be real - who the hell is going to want to trade for our players and give up something to make SAC better?

As for trades? Let's be real - who the hell is going to want to trade for our players and give up something to make SAC better?
I'm a little more optimistic about what we have to trade and what we can get. I hope funky is right that PDA won't make a trade just to do it. That being the case, you can't fit with a trading partner for a mutually advantageous trade at the snap of a finger. I hope something comes to a head.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Pete needs to make a move because the roster he has a basically a mess, not because of anything else. Unfortunately he might not see things that way considering he put this roster together. I still believe he's looking to make some worthwhile changes so hopefully he realizes the flaws of the team he put together.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
We needed to make a trade last trade deadline too but knowing Pete he won't get what the team actually needs and get another guard or tweener because he's a great basketball mind

I don't want them to make a trade for the sake of making one to try and reflect the attention away from the Malone firing. It needs to be done for the right reasons. I would be more impressed if they hired Coach Karl rather than perform a pissy little trade that is likely not going to help us much in the long run anyway.

Only move I care about is firing PDA, strapping him to a NASA rocket and shipping him off to the moon where he can install NBA 3.0 no gravity style and keeping him far away from Sacramento.

Whatever trade we make we will be at a disadvantage. A desperate team that knows it is blundering and a FO that now the entire league knows is stupid and doesn't know what it's doing. I am afraid of trades now. I would almost rather stay pat, be horrible, and hope PDA gets fired in the off-season.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

I'll move on when I'm good and ready, thank you very much. I am not happy and quite frankly I do not plan on being happy for quite a while, especially if PDA is pressured into making a trade or deal simply to change the dialogue.

I will love and support this TEAM as I always have but I will consistently and without relief continue to hold Pete's feet to the fire. Talk is cheap. He hasn't done anything yet to alleviate my concerns. Until and unless he does, he can expect to continue to hear about it.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
With all of these moves happening, out front office needs to make a move of some kind ASAP; the last move they made, firing Malone, will not die off... we need something else to talk about, please!
I kind of agree with this, not especially as a desire, but as the reality that if PDA wants to save his ass he needs to do something splashy and distracting. if we just continue a spiral into doom with nothing happening, it casts all the light on his move. And deluded fool or not, he too can look at the schedule as well as I can, and can see just as well that the gimmes are just about done. We basically have blown both of his seasons with us by him experimenting away the key/critical early season months. The same "arena arena arena" vomit that he has been splashing around as some sort of excuse is going to be an anvil around his neck if all enthusiasm is extinguished by this May. He needs something to change the dialog, and quickly.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
There just aren't any realistic trades right now for the Kings. The Kings are f'd this year.
Oh, you could do variosu bad things. Denver is imploding and firesaling (keep an eye on Faried). New York just got done doing so, and you could have Calderon for DWill in a flash (Calderon = bad contract). Things are out there. Game changers? Er...

Can he make a positive move though? The league sees Sacramento as a dumpster fire right now. Any players we try to move will be sold low, and any impact players we will likely have to overpay. The Josh Smith's of the league are probably our only bet. Who's out there, underperforming, on a bloated contract that might fit into whatever system we're trying to build?

A strong glue guy would be great. Two steady vets to strengthen the bench would be ideal.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
some players from Denver can be had...they've made it clear they are open to trading anyone on that roster, I don't see why Pete wouldn't make an inquiry on one of their players.

Oh, you could do variosu bad things. Denver is imploding and firesaling (keep an eye on Faried). New York just got done doing so, and you could have Calderon for DWill in a flash (Calderon = bad contract). Things are out there. Game changers? Er...
I mentioned in the defensive big men thread that I would not be surprised if we went after Faried hard. I mentioned this prior to the Malone sacking. I am even more convinced now that we would go after him but I am not sure that Denver is quite there yet with trading him, especially for what we would be willing to offer.

Faried is the type of player this front office would want for their style of play. Not to mention that they could spin it as having 3 of the 12 Team USA gold winning team.

I'll move on when I'm good and ready, thank you very much. I am not happy and quite frankly I do not plan on being happy for quite a while, especially if PDA is pressured into making a trade or deal simply to change the dialogue.

I will love and support this TEAM as I always have but I will consistently and without relief continue to hold Pete's feet to the fire. Talk is cheap. He hasn't done anything yet to alleviate my concerns. Until and unless he does, he can expect to continue to hear about it.
Nobody is less happy than I. I may not have articulated myself well, but when I say that it's time to move on, I am referring to the constant discussion of the Malone firing. We need to move on to see what is next.

By all means, don't be happy, and certainly don't accept what's going on. I sure as hell don't. And yes, he should continue to hear about it, as should Vivek. All I ask is that we move away from the Malone dialogue - though I know its tough.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Nobody is less happy than I. I may not have articulated myself well, but when I say that it's time to move on, I am referring to the constant discussion of the Malone firing. We need to move on to see what is next.

By all means, don't be happy, and certainly don't accept what's going on. I sure as hell don't. And yes, he should continue to hear about it, as should Vivek. All I ask is that we move away from the Malone dialogue - though I know its tough.
It is very tough to move on. In a lot of the discussions going on something flickers through my brain some thing like "but we wouldn't be having this discussion if Malone hadn't been fired."

I am very happy about yesterday's win as it has quieted that voice in my head. Or maybe it's because I increased ny Haldol. o_O

ps: I'm with VF21.

I think everybody is missing my point. I would never tell anybody what or how to think - that's bull(bleep) and I'm totally against that - it's part of what I've been railing on with this fan base. My point is now what?

100% agree with your take and think about it myself that some things wouldn't happen w/Malone.

J

jdbraver

The best thing we can do now is hope for the team to gel over the next few weeks. At that point we can look at what's next. Further instability will kill value even more. Sell high, fight through the lows.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I think the game yesterday showed that the players and probably Corbin have the capability of getting past this event. My biggest concern is that Vivek will text to his coach with basketball related suggestions as he has done in the past. He has to understand that although he may have good ideas (MAY have) and that as owner he can do what he damn well pleases, this is a sensitive time in his team's history. He has to stay away and keep at an appropriate distance and let the people that have been hired to do certain jobs, be allowed to do what they have been hired to do.

Do what you have said over and over and that is to hire people smarter than you and let them do their jobs. I have great hopes with what has been accumulated so far.

Last edited:
I mentioned in the defensive big men thread that I would not be surprised if we went after Faried hard. I mentioned this prior to the Malone sacking. I am even more convinced now that we would go after him but I am not sure that Denver is quite there yet with trading him, especially for what we would be willing to offer.

Faried is the type of player this front office would want for their style of play. Not to mention that they could spin it as having 3 of the 12 Team USA gold winning team.
I agree with this but Faried is a PPP contract right now making that trade tricky i'm not even sure what we can package to make it work but I would include Nik and any of our expiring to make it work easily. As for as fit personally I think it could be fantastic. Imagine the athleticism/speed we could throw out there with Collison/Ben/Rudy/Faried and Cousins out there doing his thing. DO IT!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I agree with this but Faried is a PPP contract right now making that trade tricky i'm not even sure what we can package to make it work but I would include Nik and any of our expiring to make it work easily. As for as fit personally I think it could be fantastic. Imagine the athleticism/speed we could throw out there with Collison/Ben/Rudy/Faried and Cousins out there doing his thing. DO IT!
Pete, is that you?

K

KingMilz

Faried is not worth 13 million per season, he's not worth a first round pick he's a undersized overpaid energy guy. Just please anyone but Faried, you can find energy guys at 1/10 of the price around the NBA and some of them probably have length.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I like Faried, like him a lot. Energy guy or whatever you want to call him, I could care less. I think if you put him with this starting unit...next to Cuz and Gay, I think he would be very effective. He played great with the US team when he was surrounded by talent. And versions of him, meaning energy guys, CAN be found around the league but they are not as good as him. I'd look into him as long as we can move contracts back to Denver to help offset his impending new salary.