The Kings need to make a trade/signing ASAP

K

KingMilz

I like Faried, like him a lot. Energy guy or whatever you want to call him, I could care less. I think if you put him with this starting unit...next to Cuz and Gay, I think he would be very effective. He played great with the US team when he was surrounded by talent. And versions of him, meaning energy guys, CAN be found around the league but they are not as good as him. I'd look into him as long as we can move contracts back to Denver to help offset his impending new salary.
How many of them are making 13 million dollars/are undersized/can't shoot and can't play defense. What makes Faried better than JJ Hickson who is making half of what Faried makes if both are given the same playing time?

Would I like Faried on this team in general....I would not mind but the price is to much.

dude12

Hall of Famer
He's a little better than what your painting him to be and he's better than Hickson. But with the increase in salary cap, there's going to be lots of players making salaries that don't seem right. There are big men that signed for 8-10 mill this past off-season who are not nearly as productive as Faried. If your looking for bargain bigs, then your going to get what you get.

K

KingMilz

He's a little better than what your painting him to be and he's better than Hickson. But with the increase in salary cap, there's going to be lots of players making salaries that don't seem right. There are big men that signed for 8-10 mill this past off-season who are not nearly as productive as Faried. If your looking for bargain bigs, then your going to get what you get.
He might be productive but he's not really a guy that helps you win imo, I mean he's more productive than JT but I would rather have JT since he can play D. He has no skill that we really need, he is a badly overpaid role player.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I'd look into Miles Plumlee's availability. He just played 10 minutes tonight....and PHX played Memphis. Looks like Brandan Wright will get minutes behind Len meaning Plumlee is going to see even less time.

I wouldn't mind Miles here...he can defend and he hustles would be nice to have.
I'd look into Miles Plumlee's availability. He just played 10 minutes tonight....and PHX played Memphis. Looks like Brandan Wright will get minutes behind Len meaning Plumlee is going to see even less time.
For some reason, Sun fans have gone from loving Plumlee to disliking him in a span of 1 season.

I'd trade Sessions+Hollins for Plumlee. If they wanted to get rid of Ennis for whatever reason... I'd offer Sessions+Ray+Hollions for Plumlee and Ennis

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
For some reason, Sun fans have gone from loving Plumlee to disliking him in a span of 1 season.

I'd trade Sessions+Hollins for Plumlee. If they wanted to get rid of Ennis for whatever reason... I'd offer Sessions+Ray+Hollions for Plumlee and Ennis
maybe he isn't playing as hard as he used to?

Faried just makes way too much for me to really want him. You are tying up alot of money and limiting yourself to a super role player which i will admit is what we need but still...

13 MILLION?!

11 ppg 8 rpg

yeah ill pass

Faried just makes way too much for me to really want him. You are tying up alot of money and limiting yourself to a super role player which i will admit is what we need but still...

13 MILLION?!

11 ppg 8 rpg

yeah ill pass
I'd say yes. Especially if he develops the way BG does... He's worth a gamble.

dude12

Hall of Famer

13 MILLION?!

11 ppg 8 rpg

yeah ill pass
Those numbers in 26 minutes per game.....no offense run through him. It is a big salary but he puts up numbers.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like Faried. Anybody that plays that hard and with that kind of motor is a guy I'll root for. That said, he'd definitely overpaid. I think Denver probably knew that when they re-signed him but were left with the alternative of losing him for nothing.

But more than his salary, my concern would be fit. Cousins and Gay both want touches near the basket. Both are good posting up and working from the elbow and I don't see Faried helping with spacing. The ideal PF for the Kings would be a blend of Ryan Anderson and Chris Andersen. Outside shooting, decent rebounder and good man and weakside defender.

I get frustrated with bigs who rebound like Kevin Love, i.e. leave their man early in the play and ignore defensive rotations to get position for weakside rebounds. That is what drives me nuts about Reggie Evans, and Faried falls into that category of players.

Faried is more competent on offense than Evans and does make spectacular plays every other game, but his production doesn't warrant the salary.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
A trade for sake of a trade without getting better is not gonna happen. Firing PDA not gonna happen. Theres not much out ther the Kings can afford right now without a multi-team trade. Wright just got tied up with Suns but he is taking Plumlee minutes. Whiteside just signed for 2-years in Mia as a poor mans Bosh. and on... tough road right now. Lets all be fans and hope for the best.

Pretty frustrating to read about other teams finding bargain talent like Whiteside or Covington, while the Kings are stuck with a bench, that has some serious holes.
Just find us some more talent PDA.