The Foxes pay Deuce and Mo a literal visit

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
would this warrant its own thread during the actual season? Probably not but we’re still stuck in TDOS and De’Aaron and Recee went to Deuce and Mo’s house to record a show with them so here’s the thread.

it is a long interview and it’s largely a lot of fun/light convo but we do learn that Recee texts everyone on the team to make sure they’re at the gym and eating/sleeping right and that Trey Lyles is one of De’Aaron’s best friends (if there’s anything that watching Swipa’s career has taught me it’s that he’s got a lot of best friends). I’m still only like thirty minutes in but if De’Aaron announces the Kings are trading for Giannis or something I’ll let everyone know.

Last edited:

The_Jamal

Hall of Famer
would this warrant its own thread during the actual season? Probably not but we’re still stuck in TDOS and De’Aaron and Recee went to Deuce and Mo’s house to record a show with them so here’s the thread.

it is a long interview and it’s largely a lot of fun/light convo but we do learn that Recee texts everyone on the team to make sure they’re at the gym and eating/sleeping right and that Trey Lyles is one of De’Aaron’s best friends (if there’s anything that watching Swipa’s career has taught me it’s that he’s got a lot of best friends). I’m still only like thirty minutes in but if De’Aaron announces the Kings are trading for Giannis or something I’ll let everyone know.
Listened to the whole thing and something that was super apparent was how much De'Aaron (and NBA guys in general) value personal relationships and trust with the coaching staff/teammates and org. We as fans get very trigger happy with wanting to make massive personal changes, but it seems like the players really do prefer continuity

Some good insight into Swipa’s in season injury and the reason there was some secrecy around the birth of their son. Also talks about who he wanted as coach and hints at which coach he did not want.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
So finally getting all the way through the interview, the biggest takeaway is probably that the Fox family appears to be extremely happy in Sacramento, which, considering the fact that pretty much every other star in the league aside from Steph has tried to force their way off their franchise, is huuuuge for the Kings. Now, a lot of that is just how De’Aaron is wired as a low key cold-blooded assassin but De’Aaron might finally be the one max-level Rich Paul client who doesn’t torpedo his team’s long term health by demanding a trade.*knock on wood*

So finally getting all the way through the interview, the biggest takeaway is probably that the Fox family appears to be extremely happy in Sacramento, which, considering the fact that pretty much every other star in the league aside from Steph has tried to force their way off their franchise, is huuuuge for the Kings. Now, a lot of that is just how De’Aaron is wired as a low key cold-blooded assassin but De’Aaron might finally be the one max-level Rich Paul client who doesn’t torpedo his team’s long term health by demanding a trade.*knock on wood*
We already knew this was the case, but him and Recee are just super likeable, down to earth people. Just "vibes" wise, it seems like they've found their perfect fit in Sacramento and they prefer it's more low-key and not crazy all the time like a NYK.

Meanwhile, Philly has to deal with Harden wanting to go to Miami nightlife before a game. So so nice being the franchise that gets to enjoy it's star players and they're actually likeable human beings.

i feel like it’s been a pretty open thing that they’ve been living together for the last half decade or so. Now the nature of that living arrangement is for them to announce/divulge/whatever you want to call it. I mean, they go everywhere together sooo…
Is that really their house though? Is it even a real house? There's times when there seems to be other people there doing studio shows in other rooms.

Loved the comments about Sasha. From some of the pics of Fox and Sasha together, it seemed like Fox was cool with everything but nothing special. However, based on the interview, he's extremely high on sasha and excited to have him.

That was one of the best, most easy flowing interviews I have ever seen. They literally could have gone on another hour and it would have flown by.

DeAaron and Recee are adorable. Such a good team.