The curse is over!!!

jacobdrj said:
Wow, on a 13 man playoff roster, for a guy who never been in the post season to be 'forgotten'... harsh...
I don't know, if there were one major player on the team that could be 'forgotten', it'd probably be 'Reef. Just saying.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Every one has been busting his chops lately I guess. Even Rick Adelman cracked on him during the post game press conference! That was great.

Ryan

I like turtles
Not only that, but the curse of Chris Webber is also over. Never has a team made the playoffs after they traded him.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Larry89 said:
And the curse of Injuries is gone also, we are all healthy for once.
Oh good lord.

1. The season hasn't ended. They have to play Tuesday before you can accurately make that statement.

2. Making that statement is akin to challenging the fates... or daring "worse."

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
See, we're all REALLY superstitious around here nowadays, Larry... Everybody knew that but we were all NOT going to mention it. Grant probably jinxed the team anyway by saying it on TV last night. Did you notice how quickly Jerry said he was going to be knocking on wood?

I'd explain further but I have to go outside and hop in circles on one foot while chanting "No turnips!" for the next 5 minutes.

;)

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
KingCookie said:
It's OK, I just put on a Kings jersey and injured myself on purpose to divert the bad mojo. We're good.

Anyone in here a doctor?
Take two of your nickname and call us in the morning. ;)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
VF21 said:
See, we're all REALLY superstitious around here nowadays, Larry... Everybody knew that but we were all NOT going to mention it. Grant probably jinxed the team anyway by saying it on TV last night. Did you notice how quickly Jerry said he was going to be knocking on wood?

I'd explain further but I have to go outside and hop in circles on one foot while chanting "No turnips!" for the next 5 minutes.

;)
I don't suppose it would help matters if I mentioned that Finley is in fact ON the other team to boot? :eek:

I am placing the blame squarely on Mr. Napear.

He even started the sentence with something like, "Not to jinx anything, but..."

So basically, he knew he was about to doom us to an immediate future of stress fractures and plantar fasciatis, and he went and did it anyway because it was still preferable to NOT hearing the sound of his own voice.

Thanks Grant.
~~

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bricklayer said:
I don't suppose it would help matters if I mentioned that Finley is in fact ON the other team to boot? :eek:
Oh fine... bleeping fine.

Now it's gonna be TEN minutes of chanting "No turnips!" while hopping on one foot and holding a flaming toliet paper roll holder voodoo doll of Finley.

rings4Kings said:
Knock on wood!!!:)
Knock on wood? I'm leaving now to knock on every tree in a 40-acre orchard!:eek:

(This thread, however, had me laughing out loud uproariously. The neighbors are probably calling the cops now. ;) )