The All-Purpose LOL Lakers thread

If the Lakers wiff on Kawi they're just going to have to go all in on a risk project. They traded their future for a win now so suddenly a DeMarcus cousins contract makes a whole lot of sense if he's more or less your best available free agent that has the capacity to really contribute to a big three. otherwise I'd be tempted to sit on my cap space and wait for midseason and somebody's hurting and needs to make a trade so they can position themselves for next season making the Lakers stronger for this one. I can't believe LBJ and the Brow are not playoff team regardless of who they're with oh, so it's really about positioning yourself for the playoffs.
I was gonna say the same thing. If they whiff on kawhi. Giant contract to boogie and overpay for leftovers

Discouraging how hard 90 percent of the league has to work and how small their margin of error just to be competitive but an org that is pretty much a dumpster fire and haven’t really done anything right can just buy it in an offseason and outside corporation(sponsors) will be there to pretty much help that team with their pitch as a believe New Balance likely did with Kawhi if that insider is to believed.

Is that pretty much every superstar outside of Giannis and Harden that will now be in the two biggest media markets?

Nothing happened yet, but I am so sick of Lebron James.

KD's move was weaker, but Lebron started the trend and this would be the third time he's orchestrated a super team. What Lebron wants, Lebron gets.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Nothing happened yet, but I am so sick of Lebron James.

KD's move was weaker, but Lebron started the trend and this would be the third time he's orchestrated a super team. What Lebron wants, Lebron gets.
It will be a beautiful day in the association when Bron announces his retirement. With that said, why do so many big players give in to what he is selling? that's why I appreciate a player like Giannis. He declined the Space Jam appearance, he went out and declined any summer workouts with other big NBA players and he seems like a player that will stick with his team through thick and thin, just like Dame Dolla and Russ.

I sure hope Vlade won't regret not holding onto some of that cap space. There might be at least one powerhouse or semi-good team looking to reverse course at the deadline.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
If the Heat/Decision was Hulk Hogan as the third man at Bash of the Beach, this is definitely some post-Russo NWO reboot.

I just hope this is not what Kawhi does as I think it's a punk move. I don't think he's obligated to stay in Toronto, but if he wants to put his own imprint on the NBA the Lakers are a weak way to do it. That's just my opinion, of course.

If the Heat/Decision was Hulk Hogan as the third man at Bash of the Beach, this is definitely some post-Russo NWO reboot.

I just hope this is not what Kawhi does as I think it's a punk move. I don't think he's obligated to stay in Toronto, but if he wants to put his own imprint on the NBA the Lakers are a weak way to do it. That's just my opinion, of course.
Seriously, sign with the clips if you just can't stay away from LA. But lord, how boring to just join the other best players and roll in with a massive advantage over everyone else.
Boring, douche. Makes a ring mean less when its on the coattails of everyone else.

If kawhi joins the Lakers. Is it as bad as KD joining the warriors or worse? Joining a team with 3 Allstars who just lost in the finals vs joining 2 of the top 5 players in the league? I personally didn't care about KD to the warriors but just wondering about those who didnt like it, how would you view this scenario?

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
If kawhi joins the Lakers. Is it as bad as KD joining the warriors or worse? Joining a team with 3 Allstars who just lost in the finals vs joining 2 of the top 5 players in the league? I personally didn't care about KD to the warriors but just wondering about those who didnt like it, how would you view this scenario?
KD joined a ready built team and made it better, that's on him. The machinations behind the Lakers from LeBron joining the team and basically him and AD pulling a stunt and then possibly sponsors banding together to drive Kawhi to LA (allegedly New Balance is trying to sway him?) plus the whole possibility of money under the table via Space Jam to subsidize guys taking minimum contracts to fill out 10 other slots... it's sickening. And of course there is word that the NBA was so distressed by LeBron missing the playoffs that they are also working behind the scenes to make sure it doesn't happen again.

All conspiracy. yes. but still.

To me it’s worse because the lakers haven’t earned crap with how they’ve been operating and the Kings are finally trending upwards. Bunch of bullcrap and fed up with it

The thing with Kawhi is that he always just wanted to go to LA, not necessarily form a superteam. I still think the Clippers have the most allure for Kawhi. He's not going to stay in Toronto; That just isn't where he wants to be. He's already won something like 3-4 championships, one of which saw him featured as the star player, so I don't think a superteam with Lebron is as appealing as it is to a thirsty player like AD. The Clippers become one of the top teams in the west if they add Kawhi, and maintain a much lower profile than the Lebrons. Also, the Clippers run their organization worlds better than do the amateur-ish 7akers. After the type of success that Kawhi has had in his career, I don't believe he will want to subject himself to the day-time soap opera of the Lebrons when there is another team in LA has none of that drama. In the end I'm pretty sure Kawhi wants to play basketball in LA, not star in a TV romance series.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
The thing with Kawhi is that he always just wanted to go to LA, not necessarily form a superteam. I still think the Clippers have the most allure for Kawhi. He's not going to stay in Toronto; That just isn't where he wants to be. He's already won something like 3-4 championships, one of which saw him featured as the star player, so I don't think a superteam with Lebron is as appealing as it is to a thirsty player like AD. The Clippers become one of the top teams in the west if they add Kawhi, and maintain a much lower profile than the Lebrons. Also, the Clippers run their organization worlds better than do the amateur-ish 7akers. After the type of success that Kawhi has had in his career, I don't believe he will want to subject himself to the day-time soap opera of the Lebrons when there is another team in LA has none of that drama. In the end I'm pretty sure Kawhi wants to play basketball in LA, not star in a TV romance series.
I hope you're right. I wouldn't begrudge him for going to the Clippers if he wanted to play in LA. It would also make for a great cross-town rivalry. I do hope he'd consider staying in Toronto but I wouldn't be mad at him if he left given he was open about not really wanting to go there to begin with and he delivered a championship in his lone season. I'd probably take that tradeoff on my team. Knowing how fleeting it is.