The 2024 Playoff Chase Thread

The Mavs are going to pull this game out.

They have 2 games against us, the Rockets and the Warriors. All three teams are desperate for wins. Those 6 games are the most likely to determine their seeding.

The standings just look a whole lot prettier when the Kings are up there in the top 6.
Need to beat the Mavs tomorrow and hold 6. Suns are handicapped with their gauntlet of a schedule
Kings have played the top 3 teams well this year, but dont wanna have to fight in the plan-ins. Would love see them play the
Thunder honestly......that team tries to match the Kings style, and it'll be a doozy, I'm guessing Kings get the Twolves - but who knows ......

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Dont want that - that would almost assure a 1st round Pelicans series - death sentence for Kings this year
We thought we had Golden State's number last year too. Things are different in the playoffs. It's more important (I think) that we finish the season strong and go into our first round matchup playing with confidence than we maneuver for matchups. Trying to duck the Pels shouldn't take precedence over winning the division and if we manage to win the division we should at least be in the top 6 since that would mean holding off the Suns as well.

3 days , 2 games and many quesions can be answered :)
IF we manage to beat the Mavs twice i think we will be hot favourite to take a place in the first 6 ...
Lets smash them !!!

3 days , 2 games and many quesions can be answered :)
IF we manage to beat the Mavs twice i think we will be hot favourite to take a place in the first 6 ...
Lets smash them !!!
Maybe my glass is half-empty (with Harrison Barnes having sucked the life out of this season for me :p)... but I don't think that 6th is secure even with 2 wins over the Mavericks. There are some dicey matches to end the season, starting with the game against the Celtics. I think it's more probable that the Kings end up 7th, lose to the Suns in the 7th vs 8th play-in game, and then it'll be up to the team's players to overcome the Lakers-GSW & NBRA for the 8th spot and a 1st round match-up against the mighty Nuggets.

Remaining schedules:

Kings vs: DAL (W), DAL (W), UTA (W), LAC (W), NYK (W), BOS (L), BRK (W), OKC (L), NOP (L), PHX (L), PTL (W). 7-4

Mavs vs: SAC (L), SAC (L), HOU (W), GSW (W), ATL (W), GSW (W), HOU (W), CHA (W), MIA (W), DET (W), OKC (L). 8-3

Oh well, the West sure is close this season. The excitement will continue through the play-in and the playoffs.

Last edited:
Well i said we are going to be favourites , not sure 6th ... But surelly will be in better postion with the 2w here ...
and Mavs winning both at GSW looks a bit shaky as well ...

Maybe my glass is half-empty (with Harrison Barnes having sucked the life out of this season for me :p)... but I don't think that 6th is secure even with 2 wins over the Mavericks. There are some dicey matches to end the season, starting with the game against the Celtics. I think it's more probable that the Kings end up 7th, lose to the Suns in the 7th vs 8th play-in game, and then it'll be up to the team's players to overcome the Lakers-GSW & NBRA for the 8th spot and a 1st round match-up against the mighty Nuggets.

Remaining schedules:

Kings vs: DAL (W), DAL (W), UTA (W), LAC (W), NYK (W), BOS (L), BRK (W), OKC (L), NOP (L), PHX (L), PTL (W). 7-4

Mavs vs: SAC (L), SAC (L), HOU (W), GSW (W), ATL (W), GSW (W), HOU (W), CHA (W), MIA (W), DET (W), OKC (L). 8-3

Oh well, the West sure is close this season. The excitement will continue through the play-in and the playoffs.
I can’t see Dallas going a combined 5-0 against Houston, GSW and Miami, three teams fighting for their lives to avoid, jump in or stay in the Play-in.

I want to see the Kings face anyone but the Pels. Herb Jones and Grand Theft Alvarado over the course of a series would be brutal, then add in Jonas/Nance against Saboner, and Zion probably eating Barnes on drives to the hoops every game, and Trigga Trey launching 30 footers forever....

I'm so glad the Kings are in the mix. This first round is going to be absolutely bananas with all these superstar laden teams.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
I want to see the Kings face anyone but the Pels. Herb Jones and Grand Theft Alvarado over the course of a series would be brutal, then add in Jonas/Nance against Saboner, and Zion probably eating Barnes on drives to the hoops every game, and Trigga Trey launching 30 footers forever....

I'm so glad the Kings are in the mix. This first round is going to be absolutely bananas with all these superstar laden teams.
IDK. You'd think after all these losses, the coaching staff would figure it out. It's weird to think that someone like Denver is an "easier" matchup, based on how the regular season went.

IDK. You'd think after all these losses, the coaching staff would figure it out. It's weird to think that someone like Denver is an "easier" matchup, based on how the regular season went.
Okay I'll add Denver to that list too. I'm not really weighing the regular season record with the Pels, just based on what I see when I watch them play around the league.

OKC? Sign me up

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I'm getting a pretty strong '2001 lakers' vibe from Denver. Like, if someone came from the future and told me that the Nuggets aren't going to lose a game in the 2024 Playoffs until they get to the Finals, I'd be like, "Yeah, that tracks."

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I'm getting a pretty strong '2001 lakers' vibe from Denver. Like, if someone came from the future and told me that the Nuggets aren't going to lose a game in the 2024 Playoffs until they get to the Finals, I'd be like, "Yeah, that tracks."
It honestly might come down to how much contact MPJ has had with his brother over the last couple of months. Is it weird that the third string center on a terrible Toronto Raptors team literally betting on himself to suck might determine the postseason fate of the defending champions? Sure but that’s kinda how this season has gone.