The 2013 NBA Finals: (1) Miami Heat vs (2) San Antonio Spurs

Who will be NBA Champions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
that was awesome. and id like to change my original vote of Spurs in 6. i dont think this series is coming back to Miami after game 2.

Spurs didnt play that great today, missed tons of open shots and layups. still managed to keep it close on the road and eventually pull it off.

You were saying?
I'm not talking about the game or the series against the spurs. I'm talking about bringing hypotheticals regarding game against the pacers. We have no idea what would have happened if hibbert were in the game for that play. You can play hypotheticals all day, the fact of the matter is Lebron made an amazing play to win the game.

that was awesome. and id like to change my original vote of Spurs in 6. i dont think this series is coming back to Miami after game 2.

Spurs didnt play that great today, missed tons of open shots and layups. still managed to keep it close on the road and eventually pull it off.
I certainly hope so but I'm not writing Miami off. As much as I want them to lose they are a very good team. Sometime's that's assisted by the officials, but they also play very well on their own. If the Spurs steal game 2 it will become interesting though ...

Dont count out Lebron. The Heat are a team that's wholly dependent on its best players, primarily Lebron. Don't forget what he did in game 6 against the Boston Celtics last year when they were facing elimination. I think we're going to see a different Miami Heat team in game 2.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I'll be honest when I voted Spurs in 6 I forgot about the 2-3-2 format. So I think it may be over in 5, but yeah. No changing of votes :)

I feel the need to cry every time I see Leonard defend LeBron perfectly. have been crying a lot this game. Spurs offense seems somewhat ineffective today, though.

Reason #304 why Lebron will NEVER be Michael Jordan or anywhere near that level:

Go back and watch the block he just made on Tiago. Lebron stood under the hoop showing off to the crowd while he left his teammates 4-on-5 at the other end. He had to come full sprint to get involved back in the play.

Selfish, immature and all about him.

well, they did play them fairly close deep into the third, then they completely and utterly ran out of gas against a high-intensity Heat defense. nevermind that some of that early stuff was a bit of a mirage (Green's shooting, Leonard's orebs). the Heat absolutely have it in their hands to make the Spurs' offense look bad and unless you get huge games from Parker and Duncan plus solid support from their roleplayers, they'll struggle mightily. the defense is looking mostly good, though, so that's something.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If you think back on the season, the Spurs did occasionally - albeit rarely - hit a bump in the road like tonight. The great thing about a Popovich-coached team, is that they leave it on the court. They learn from it and they move on. I liked that Pop pulled his starters and cleared his bench when it was clear the game belonged to the Heat. The Heat are gonna have their hands full for the next three games.

I don't understand this. How bad do you think Miami is? This is only their 3rd trip to the finals in a row, and they are the defending champs, ya know?
I think it's silly for people to write off the Heat like that. They are a good team, sometimes apparently aided by referees due to all the star power on that team (and of course they are very good because of the star power on that team). If the Spurs beat them (and I hope they beat them) it's not going to be a rout of any sort. Still I think game 3 is a very pivotal game to see how SA responds at home to Miami's pressure. If the Spurs win game 3 there is a small possibility that they will win the next 3 (win game 4, win elimination game 5 at home).

The Spurs just looked off in game 2. Parker was arguing all game long that his passes were getting kicked but refs didn't make any such calls. Ginobili seemed strangely sloppy dribbling.

Status
Not open for further replies.