The 2013 NBA Finals: (1) Miami Heat vs (2) San Antonio Spurs

Who will be NBA Champions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's that particular stat? Something like around 80% of teams that win game 3 after 1-1 tie go on to capture Finals title.
yes something around 83% i believe

and wow, what a performance.

and its pretty sad when the defensive gameplan against the "best player in the world" is to dare him to shoot because he can't hit a jumpshot. lol

yes something around 83% i believe

and wow, what a performance.

and its pretty sad when the defensive gameplan against the "best player in the world" is to dare him to shoot because he can't hit a jumpshot. lol
It's always said role players can play well at home but not nearly as well on the road. I didn't know that also applied to "best player in the world."

funny how all the Spurs fans stay for the final buzzer in a 36pt rout, but the building was empty in Miami with 3 mins left in a 19pt win............

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
It's always said role players can play well at home but not nearly as well on the road. I didn't know that also applied to "best player in the world."
Okay, I'll bite: if LeBron James is merely the "best player in the world," then who is the best player in the world? I'm talking about guys still playing, not retired, which I think every reasonable person understands that expression means?

See all that stuff about Miami's defense taking the Spurs out of their offense? Total BS or the same could be said the other way around. I think anybody who writes either team off is vastly underestimating that team. Both are very very good teams, and it's going to come down to who plays harder and the luck of the bounce. The Spurs are a great team and they got this win with Parker not even playing well. But as was the case after game 2, I fully expect Miami to play a lot better in game 4. That's the way this series is going to be. Neither team is largely superior to the other. When it's all said and done guys like Green/Neal and Miller/Chalmers just may be the difference in this series.

LeBron after 3 games, on the biggest stage in the world.

Game 1: 7-16 for 18pts
Game 2: 7-17 for 17pts
Game 3: 7-21 for 15pts.

thats one hell of a way to play in the NBA Finals for a dude that wants to be called the Greatest.............

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
See all that stuff about Miami's defense taking the Spurs out of their offense? Total BS or the same could be said the other way around. I think anybody who writes either team off is vastly underestimating that team. Both are very very good teams, and it's going to come down to who plays harder and the luck of the bounce. The Spurs are a great team and they got this win with Parker not even playing well. But as was the case after game 2, I fully expect Miami to play a lot better in game 4. That's the way this series is going to be. Neither team is largely superior to the other. When it's all said and done guys like Green/Neal and Miller/Chalmers just may be the difference in this series.
\

While I don't necessarily disagree with any of this, I think it will boil down to coaching. Which coach can get his team to step up and do the job. And, in that regard, I think the edge definitely belongs to Pop.

LeBron after 3 games, on the biggest stage in the world.

Game 1: 7-16 for 18pts
Game 2: 7-17 for 17pts
Game 3: 7-21 for 15pts.

thats one hell of a way to play in the NBA Finals for a dude that wants to be called the Greatest.............
and to top it off tonight LBJ plus/minus (+/-) was whopping minus 37 - worst ever in any of his over 800 NBA games regular season or playoffs

Okay, I'll bite: if LeBron James is merely the "best player in the world," then who is the best player in the world? I'm talking about guys still playing, not retired, which I think every reasonable person understands that expression means?
I know a guy around this board who says he has a pretty mean jumpshot :D

okay, so apparently Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard are the best players on the Spurs, nice to know :p that was pretty brilliant to watch anyway. Leonard's defense is just insane to behold and that guy is only in his second year. damn. Green's shooting in the Finals of course has been something else as well and he has been playing pretty well on the other end, too. helps that Wade has only been able to play in the first quarter, but still. particularly satisfying to see Chalmers stink it up, it'd be nice if that could just continue.

kind of an outlier game, I think, but still very nice to see. Thursday can't come quickly enough.

okay, so apparently Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard are the best players on the Spurs, nice to know :p that was pretty brilliant to watch anyway. Leonard's defense is just insane to behold and that guy is only in his second year. damn. Green's shooting in the Finals of course has been something else as well and he has been playing pretty well on the other end, too. helps that Wade has only been able to play in the first quarter, but still. particularly satisfying to see Chalmers stink it up, it'd be nice if that could just continue.

kind of an outlier game, I think, but still very nice to see. Thursday can't come quickly enough.
can't believe we were in position to draft him too! can't wait til tomorrow.

can't believe we were in position to draft him too! can't wait til tomorrow.
he probably wouldn't have developed as quickly as he has under Pop, but nobody can tell me that the guy wouldn't have been worlds better than John freaking Salmons. that trade was just devastating in every way. that whole offseason was, actually. Salmons and Jimmer over Leonard and Beno (whose contract just ran out, as opposed to John's who might very well be amnestied soon), going after Hayes instead of Dalembert, signing Outlaw, hiring Smart. couldn't have gone much worse.

Parker uncertain for game 4(hamstring), it will be interesting to see what Pop do dust off Tmac to share handling maybe?
No way. It pains me to say this but even Patty Mills is better than Tmac at this point. Has Tmac even got a basket in all his garbage minutes? I see him trying to be his old self, going 1 on 1 to pull up for a fade away ... only he ends up way short. The rest of the Spurs guards play within the team's offense

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
No way. It pains me to say this but even Patty Mills is better than Tmac at this point. Has Tmac even got a basket in all his garbage minutes? I see him trying to be his old self, going 1 on 1 to pull up for a fade away ... only he ends up way short. The rest of the Spurs guards play within the team's offense
I don't know if that's fair to McGrady: he's looked to play, largely, within Pop's offense. I've seen him make many a pass where the T-Mac of old would have shot it. McGrady has made smart, unselfish basketball plays, he just hasn't been able to hit when he does shoot.

But, I said this to my friend, Hidden Dragons, at the start of the playoffs, and I still stand by it: I feel like McGrady still has one more thirty-point game in him. And Game 4 is as good a time for it to come out as any.

T-mac is beyond done he looks so out of shape and slow out there, no lift on his jumper or explosion left at all. He still has a high IQ and moves the ball well, granted it was against the heat scrubs.

he probably wouldn't have developed as quickly as he has under Pop, but nobody can tell me that the guy wouldn't have been worlds better than John freaking Salmons. that trade was just devastating in every way. that whole offseason was, actually. Salmons and Jimmer over Leonard and Beno (whose contract just ran out, as opposed to John's who might very well be amnestied soon), going after Hayes instead of Dalembert, signing Outlaw, hiring Smart. couldn't have gone much worse.
wow solid point. worst offseason ever

Status
Not open for further replies.