Thank you to Vivek, Vlade, Joerger et al (split from game thread)

I just want to take this time before the all star break to thank Vivek, Vlade, Dave Joeger and the rest of Joegers staff, and the rest of the front office.

It's been 2 years since what many felt at the time was the lowest point of the organization. It was so low we here at KF.com lost one of our stalwart posters/moderators.

Looking back, things escalated faster than any of us could have imagined. It escalated so fast Carmichael Dave hauled ass to the studio late at night to hold court on the radio.

In those 2 years we have rebuilt the exact same way we rebuilt when the Maloofs were trying to move the team. Our passion and dedication has overcome more than any other fanbase has EVER had to overcome. My brothers and sisters, to use an oft used phrase from the most staunchest of Kings fans/Homer's VF21, IT IS A GREAT TIME TO BE A KINGS FAN!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so happy with how quickly this team has turned things around and how they've developed into a group of guys who are capable of putting up a good fight with any calibur of team, even if we can't pull out a W in the end. And everyone is still SO young with oodles of room to grow. It's a good time to be a Sac Kings fan.

My only concern now is how I'm going to pass all of the time ahead of me before our next game. I don't care for all star festivities so this is gonna be a mighty boring week.

I'm so happy with how quickly this team has turned things around and how they've developed into a group of guys who are capable of putting up a good fight with any calibur of team, even if we can't pull out a W in the end. And everyone is still SO young with oodles of room to grow. It's a good time to be a Sac Kings fan.

My only concern now is how I'm going to pass all of the time ahead of me before our next game. I don't care for all star festivities so this is gonna be a mighty boring week.
If our boys weren't in the All Star festivities, I wouldn't bother watching them either. Lost interest years ago.

Vlade,Vivek,Coach and his staff ( along with the players!) have done a remarkable job given where we were and where we are now. The best part is we have a lot more to look forward to.

Last edited:
Well, Vlade gave himself a 2 year ultimatum when he traded DMC.

He publicly stated that if the Kings were not in a better position in 2 years post-DMC trade, that he would quit his GM job!

Well, it has been 2 years since the DMC trade and I think it is safe to say that Vlade can definitely keep his GM job! :)

Way to go and Thank you VLADE, JOEGER and VIVEK!!! :)

GO KINGS!!! :)

He publicly stated that if the Kings were not in a better position in 2 years post-DMC trade, that he would quit his GM job!

Well, it has been 2 years since the DMC trade and I think it is safe to say that Vlade can definitely keep his GM job! :)

The real elephant in the room is all the people who scoffed at Vlade when he made that statement.:) Where are they now?

The real elephant in the room is all the people who scoffed at Vlade when he made that statement.:) Where are they now?
The majority are still here.

The main point is with DMC we never made the playoffs. Making them this year is a significant step moving forward and clearly an improvement. Missing out with a record above .500 is also still a significant step forward however the stepping stone is, entry into the post season.

I am the one that did not like the trade and I still do not like it. For me it is the ONLY bad thing he did so far.

It was not what we got from the trade, it was how it was handled and what was trustworthy Vlade saying that whole year.

He did and is doing a great job in delivering business value, but that does not change that he was misleading (to say the least) two years ago.

Water under the bridge, he did a ton of good stuff for kings.
I would not trust him personally anymore, but I do not have to.
Keep doing a great job Vlade!

gunks

Hall of Famer
Still around, eating crow! Obviously it's easy for me, a diehard Kings fan, to happily admit I was wrong and enjoy the ride, but I just looooooove how dumb this team and Vlade are making the national media look. Suck on that, BSPN!

And as fun as this year has been, I'm more excited about next season, and the one after it. With all the success, it's easy to forget that this team still has a crazy raw core of Fox, Bagley, and Giles. I can't wait to see what those guys develop into. Nevermind old man Buddy, still adding to his game in his golden years!

We have a pretty sweet FO, coaching staff, and even Vivek is laying low and enjoying the rides (although I don't think it's a coincidence that the team's style is his beloved fast paced offense, but now that we've drafted the personnel for it, I don't have a problem with it like I did in the Cuz years! It sure is fun when this team is clicking).

So thanks guys! Feels weird not having anything to ***** about after almost 2 decades of incompetence, but I reckon I'll get used to it!

I was certainly a skeptic! Rebuilds on a good timetable take at least 5 years. This is to see progress and be a play off team. We have certainly turned the corner here a lot quicker than anybody expected, including Vlade (he admitted as much with Grant and Doug a couple of days ago).

The whole team has done a tremendous job of developing the culture, developing players and getting results. Even if the Kings don't make the play offs this has been an excellent season (similar to Denver last year).

You think we would get use to losing, considering we have not had a winning record since the 05-06 season, but losing to a very good Denver Nuggets team last night hurts. As hard as it is, we always have to look at the positives and learn from the past.

It's great to see the Kings be not only relevant and competitive again, but also exciting to watch, particularly after all the struggles we've had for the past 13 years, both with our on court and off court image. Really brings a tear to my eye.

As exciting as this team is now, I cannot wait for the next few years to see how we develop into a perennial championship caliber team! Patience is always virtue.

Thank you, Vivek, Vlade, Joerger and all the Kings Organisations for bringing us hope again!

GO KINGS!!!

Yes, thank you Vlade, Dave and staff for your efforts that have rewarded us with an exciting and competitive team full of potential! I salute you for your good work!
Thanks also to Vivek for being the good steward you promised to be.

The majority are still here.

The main point is with DMC we never made the playoffs. Making them this year is a significant step moving forward and clearly an improvement. Missing out with a record above .500 is also still a significant step forward however the stepping stone is, entry into the post season.
I will be bummed if we miss the playoffs this year; however, unless we collapse in epic proportions down the stretch, it will still be an overwhelming success of a season regardless. However, next year will be a different ball of wax. Not sure if I would expect a jump like the Nuggets have had this year; however, I think missing the playoffs next year (without extenuating circumstances such as injuries) will put the pressure on the front office. I'm hoping for 41 to 45 wins this year, and then hopefully close to 50 next year.

I will be bummed if we miss the playoffs this year; however, unless we collapse in epic proportions down the stretch, it will still be an overwhelming success of a season regardless. However, next year will be a different ball of wax. Not sure if I would expect a jump like the Nuggets have had this year; however, I think missing the playoffs next year (without extenuating circumstances such as injuries) will put the pressure on the front office. I'm hoping for 41 to 45 wins this year, and then hopefully close to 50 next year.
Tasting the post season is as much a need for this group as anything.

They will grow exponentially with a higher trajectory through being a part of a playoff series and we do not want to put off that experience for another 12 months.

As i said 12 months ago, things dont have to be so sequential, we dont need to focus on having a season over. 500 then another just missing out on the playoffs and then another year making it as the 8th seed and then slowly climb up the rankings year on year as fox etc develop.

We should make it this year and that was my expectation going into the season. Nothing has changed except that we are on track.

I hope everyone is enjoying the break because we will need to attack the end of the season with some real intensity to close this out.