Thank you David Stern.

I know KJ and the owners did a lot but but I simply wanted to say thank you for fighting for Sacramento the last two years. Thank you for everything you did behind the scenes and last thank you for telling that smug reporter from Seattle want we all wanted to tell him :D

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Great thread. I don't have words to express my gratitude to everyone who helped make this day happen. But without David Stern, nothing else would have mattered. Thank you, Mr. Stern, for recognizing that Sacramento is a great place and a fantastic NBA City. We will not disappoint!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
What a great day! It's a great feeling that the only thing we'll have to be worrying about is our play on the court next season.
Way to bring down the mood. :p

But yes, I have been trying to convince the anti-Stern crowd for years that he was the best friend that Sacto had...until KJ came along.

Last edited:
Thank you Stern!!!! You may now ride off in the sunset.

Know this though.... Any time you are in Sacramento and want to grab a drink, know that you will not have to pay for it.

I know KJ and the owners did a lot but but I simply wanted to say thank you for fighting for Sacramento the last two years. Thank you for everything you did behind the scenes and last thank you for telling that smug reporter from Seattle want we all wanted to tell him :D
Glad you brought this up, Android. I agree. Thank you Commissioner and the NBA.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Thank you David Stern. He's a bright guy who understands that the Sacramento Kings are good for the league. And thank you Kevin Johnson. Without KJ, forget about it. We'd be crying in our milk already. He had the foresight to understand that when the last arena deal fell through that it wasn't over. It was just the beginning. He knew the Magoofs had to sell. So he started lining up the whales to be ready when the Magoofs finally decided to sell to another party, and wham, we're on the brink of a fantastic success story. Thank goodness he ran for the mayoral office and thank goodness the voters had the smarts to vote him in.

Last edited:
Thank you David Stern. He's a bright guy who understands that the Sacramento Kings are good for the league. And thank you Kevin Johnson. Without KJ, forget about it. We'd be crying in our milk already. He had the forsight to understand that when the last arena deal fell through that it wasn't over. It was just the beginning. He knew the Magoofs had to sell. So he started lining up the whales to be ready when the Magoofs finally decided to sell to another party, and wham, we're on the brink of a fantastic success story. Thank goodness he ran for the mayoral office and thank goodness the voters had the smarts to vote him in.
Indeed, KJ has been a BOSS thru all this. Like one of the Senators said, when the news about the Seattle contract came out, most people saw the end - KJ saw it was our opportunity. Kudos to the mayor (future Governor?) !!!!

Thank you, David Stern! Also, KJ, investors, committee, and a huge thanks to the activist fans who got things happening and kept them happening, despite the setbacks along the way.

this thread is well deserved! thanks Mr. Stern, sir. enjoy your retirement.

P.S.: if you'd like to talk about the Maloofs, once you're retired, and give the world your true view on them that'd be greatly appreciated (though not your style, I know).

this thread is well deserved! thanks Mr. Stern, sir. enjoy your retirement.

P.S.: if you'd like to talk about the Maloofs, once you're retired, and give the world your true view on them that'd be greatly appreciated (though not your style, I know).
Oh, that would be a book I would read more than once.

Stern is a BEAST... starts the presser by saying:

"This is going to be short, I have a game in OKLAHOMA CITY to go to"....

Daang... take that, Seattle!