Votes: 33 66.0%
  • Terrence Williams

Votes: 17 34.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Amongst the three, I hope the least talented, slowest, and softest player in defense (Casspi) would be left out.

I will be very disappointed if we sign Casspi at the expense of Moreland or Acy.
That's actually not true, or at least it wasn't. When Casspi first arrived on the Kings, he played a bit of defense. Of course, he was roundly ridiculed until he stopped...but who's to say if there isn't still a spark of that left? With the right coaching, I think he could be at least decent in that regard.

K

KingMilz

That's actually not true, or at least it wasn't. When Casspi first arrived on the Kings, he played a bit of defense. Of course, he was roundly ridiculed until he stopped...but who's to say if there isn't still a spark of that left? With the right coaching, I think he could be at least decent in that regard.
Could say the exact same thing about D-Will who's got way more potential

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
These signings are so weird. Cheap so it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. But weird
The only actual signing thus far has been Eric Moreland. Casspi hasn't been officially signed, although it's apparently pending. The only "announcement" about Terrence Williams is his own stuff on Instagram, which appears to be him hoping the Kings will pick him up. :)

He's another guy who can handle the ball, pass it well and create for himself, having things like that on the bench is helpful. If he does sign I just hope all that off court stuff is fully, fully behind him.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
These signings are so weird. Cheap so it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. But weird
defense and ballhandling out of a swingman. Only weird part would be the potential attitude question.

Really though, all these cheap deals being rumored and hints that they are done, but not official and everything, and Acy's extension through the middle of the month...combine it all and it still looks to me like us trying to make a major deal dumping 3 or 4 of our contracts for only 1 guy in return, and then filling in the resulting holes with cheap reserves.

dude12

Hall of Famer
defense and ballhandling out of a swingman. Only weird part would be the potential attitude question.

Really though, all these cheap deals being rumored and hints that they are done, but not official and everything, and Acy's extension through the middle of the month...combine it all and it still looks to me like us trying to make a major deal dumping 3 or 4 of our contracts for only 1 guy in return, and then filling in the resulting holes with cheap reserves.
Just thinking about something outside the box.....when did Stauskas sign his contract and when is his 30 days up before he can be traded? Is it possible that he's going to be moved in a deal? Bledsoe? If the Acy extension lines up with the Stauskas 30 day period...that would be interesting.

Bricklayer

Just thinking about something outside the box.....when did Stauskas sign his contract and when is his 30 days up before he can be traded? Is it possible that he's going to be moved in a deal? Bledsoe? If the Acy extension lines up with the Stauskas 30 day period...that would be interesting.
wrong SG if there's a deal.

Bricklayer

you never know. but it seems unlikely.

Actually while we as fans continue to mention Bledsoe and Rondo and stuff, reading tea leaves on the front office I'm not sure they aren't looking up front for that shotblocker instead. But as I said, who knows.

Steak Sauce ain't goin anywhere. I actually like this formula. Have your core and fill out the rest of the team with cheap hard-working role players

dude12

Hall of Famer
If we could get an all-star type PG by involving Stauskas, I wouldn't be opposed to that. Collison can pick up the slack at SG along with Ray.....while we clear out some contracts. Bledsoe would look real good in a Sac uniform.

I wouldn't involve Stauskas in a JSmoov deal...it's all just speculation and guessing.

you never know. but it seems unlikely.

Actually while we as fans continue to mention Bledsoe and Rondo and stuff, reading tea leaves on the front office I'm not sure they aren't looking up front for that shotblocker instead. But as I said, who knows.
I agree. I feel pretty sure that the FO likes Collison as the point guard. He fills the role of what im guessing their vision is and he does so without committing copious amounts of $. We know theres going to be a change at the 4 sometime within the next year or so. Moreland is probably close to the type of player that they want as the starting 4.

Sometimes i get this weird feeling that we're being watched....by the FO. These moves are what has been echoed on this site for a long time.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Sometimes i get this weird feeling that we're being watched....by the FO. These moves are what has been echoed on this site for a long time.
Hopefully they watch the "covers" draft in the lounge and get an idea of some music clips to play in the arena or on the broadcast next year!

Which is exactly how every good team is built. After all the complaining about the mid-level deals we offer, the top heavy contracts seems to be the formula we're following as far as contracts go. (at least the ones this FO has offered)

#1,#2 who are$12mil-max= Rudy, Cuz

#3 who costs $8-10 mil- FO hasn't signed or acquired as future core

#4-6 who cost $5-7 mil- Landry, Collison, JT

#7-12- Rookie contracts and cheapo deals= Ben, Ray, Stauskas, Moreland, Casspi, Acy, etc.

Which is exactly how every good team is built. After all the complaining about the mid-level deals we offer, the top heavy contracts seems to be the formula we're following as far as contracts go. (at least the ones this FO has offered)

#1,#2 who are$12mil-max= Rudy, Cuz

#3 who costs $8-10 mil- FO hasn't signed or acquired as future core

#4-6 who cost $5-7 mil- Landry, Collison, JT

#7-12- Rookie contracts and cheapo deals= Ben, Ray, Stauskas, Moreland, Casspi, Acy, etc.
Well if we are indeed after J Smoove then we might have 3 players right at the top , a bunch of mid level guys and a whole heap of cheapies

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I liked Terrence Williams when he was here before. Not knowing what does or not go on behind the scenes, it was disappointing we didn't bring him back after he played so well for us in 2012. I like Acy's attitude but we really don't have a role for him anymore on this team. Our depth chart at SF/PF is stacked with roleplayers already while we've got a rookie and 2 second year players in our guard rotation. I'd be shocked if Jason Terry ever suits up for us so we could use some veteran depth at SG.

Well if we are indeed after J Smoove then we might have 3 players right at the top , a bunch of mid level guys and a whole heap of cheapies
Yea, that's the general idea. You have 2 or 3 really expensive guys, 2-3 MLE sort of contracts and then rookie+Vet min. contracts. That's the structure of what you see of most winning teams and one we seem to be heading towards as well.

Amongst the three, I hope the least talented, slowest, and softest player in defense (Casspi) would be left out.

I will be very disappointed if we sign Casspi at the expense of Moreland or Acy.
You stated it yourself. A "bit of defense" which in essence is not that much.

So, are you saying Casspi's "a bit of defense" is better than the defense that Acy or Moreland can give?

Last edited:
You stated it yourself. A "bit of defense" which in essence is not that much.

So, are you saying Casspi's "a bit of defense" is better than the defense that Acy or Moreland can give?
Moreland has no horse in this race. He is signed, sealed, delivered! If no roster changes takes place then its possibly Casspi vs Acy and considering our glut of PFs and similar ones at that, I am taking a 3/undersized 4 over undersized 4/5 any day of the week and twice on sundays.

Neither player is worth slashing our wrists over. They are both minimum contract guys that are deep rotation guys.

I like Acy. He is precisely the type of guy you want as your end of bencher. A guy who is a great team mate and plays with a lot of energy and intensity when he comes on BUT we do not have the luxury of being picky about the end of bencher guy. We need to accumulate talent but also talent that rounds out and balances the roster. We have too many PFs and really not many genuine SFs. Casspi fills a need and Acy is yet another PF incapable of making the position his.

Now I would like to keep both which would mean that we trade away at least two of JT/Landy/Williams and that does me fine.

People are trying to make Casspi into something he is one. Some label him a scrub, others think he is better than he is. Truth lies somewhere in the middle. He is a solid signing for us that balances out the roster a bit more. Are you telling me that he is not good enough to be our backup when for majority of the season he has been getting solid minutes for Houston who were a play-off team?!

Whether we improve as a team or not is really not dependant on either Casspi or Acy so there is absolutely no need for crying over spilt milk or debating the semantics.

Casspi, Acy, TWill are all designed to fill in the gap when the "big" trade to make us better by getting another Big salary player in return for some combo of JT,Landry,Dwill,Ben,Terry in a trade.

The question is who will be gone and who we would then need, Moreland is a long term project and not in discussion
The other question is when will FO know By 8/15, By Oct, By Feb?

I think the casspi deal goes thru

If no trade with 1-2 PF by 8/15, No Acy

Acy (as a FA) or twill may not get signed at all , unless a trade
happens, and then it would only depend on who,
otherwise we start with 14 on Roster until trade deadline

I think this is just the Kings covering their bases. They scoped out Royce White, Marshon Brooks, etc. On talent alone TWill blows those other guys out of the water, so why not work him out and see what Terrence Williams can do.

I don't see a trade to free up the Kings' roster anytime soon though. So I don't think TWill is getting signed just yet, if ever. From his point of view, I think Williams want to get feeler from NBA teams to help him decide if he should play overseas for more money or stay in the D League and hope a NBA GM ring him up.