Temple Traded for Ben McLemore and Deyonte Davis (merged)

Would rather had GT not opt in to begin with and given the Kings the 8 Mil in cap space right away
He could have done us a favor, instead he leaves us with Ben and Davis and 1 mil cap space?
We should have told him to opt out if he wants to get signed to a team long term or go to Europe

THIS!

Honestly one time last season I was in Lexus Club as Willie walked out toward the court slowly. He was in my doghouse at the time - I didn’t say anything but didn’t flag him down in particular either. My buddy who was seeking autographs said “I still love you Willie” and man it was kind of a cringe-worthy pathetic situation. He signed the thing for my friend but there was no real flash of life in his eyes.

I think WCS knows that nobody likes him (ok ok not ‘nobody’ .... but his “no motor” rep is not a secret).

I hope some friend, mentor, psychologist, priest, coach... somebody... helps him find another gear - for real - for permanent. He could be so good. And nobody would say anything like “I still love you” again.

But he just seems mentally fragile and odd. I felt it in that encounter... something with that guy isn’t right.

1:1 I feel like 14 other guys on the Kings would kick his ass in a fight. And that isn’t right.

If he could find that Dennis Rodman gear and play his weirdness to his advantage it would be awesome. Willie in 30% of the games is terrific.

So hopefully both Ben and Deyonte are waived soon but then the Kings have three spots to fill instead of two.
Why would we waive Ben?! Just for a roster spot? He's arguably better than Jackson. If we waive Ben, then I would just as soon not make the trade and keep Temple. If we make another move for a wing then Ben's future on the team become dubious. Until then I anticipate he will be competing for rotational minutes in camp. May the best player win.

Who’s he going to beat out in the rotation? Buddy’s a better shooter, Bogdanovic is a better player all around, shumpert is a better defender I doubt he stays with the team. JJ is a lot more disciplined as a 2nd year player

The only thing Ben was good for was occasionally hitting a wide open 3, and stepping out of bounds with his back foot from the 3point line

The only thing Ben was good for was occasionally hitting a wide open 3, and stepping out of bounds with his back foot from the 3point line
Jackson is more disciplined? This translates how? I would contend he got torched as much defensively as Ben in his rookie season. Their stats were near identical with slight shooting edge to Jackson (52% to 48% TS). Neither did anything of note besides score. The difference is Jackson logged his sparse numbers at age 22 vs age 20 for Ben with less dysfunction around him. All variables considered I would say Ben had a better rookie year than Jackson. Yet I am not arguing in favor of Ben. I am saying what we have to choose from presently should not exclude Ben from consideration. Certainly as modest of a player as he may be, I would not waive him. This is what happens when Plan A (Mario) and Plan B (LaVine) don't pan out! And we don't even know if Shumpert can be healthy so I would not put him in front of Ben on the depth chart.

Why would we waive Ben?! Just for a roster spot? He's arguably better than Jackson. If we waive Ben, then I would just as soon not make the trade and keep Temple. If we make another move for a wing then Ben's future on the team become dubious. Until then I anticipate he will be competing for rotational minutes in camp. May the best player win.
Ben had every opportunity to compete for a rotational spot and more his first time around. He was basically given a starting spot and starters minutes his first two and a half years in the league. Malone and the front office did everything they could to try and nudge him towards being a star, let alone a rotational piece. He never showed any growth and the only thing he ever could manage to do consistently was regress. A change of scenario didn't help either because he was bad in Memphis also. At this point we should not be sacrificing the development of our young guys for a guy who has shown absolutely nothing positive in his 5 years in the league.

Jackson is more disciplined? This translates how? I would contend he got torched as much defensively as Ben in his rookie season. Their stats were near identical with slight shooting edge to Jackson (52% to 48% TS). Neither did anything of note besides score. The difference is Jackson logged his sparse numbers at age 22 vs age 20 for Ben with less dysfunction around him. All variables considered I would say Ben had a better rookie year than Jackson. Yet I am not arguing in favor of Ben. I am saying what we have to choose from presently should not exclude Ben from consideration. Certainly as modest of a player as he may be, I would not waive him. This is what happens when Plan A (Mario) and Plan B (LaVine) don't pan out! And we don't even know if Shumpert can be healthy so I would not put him in front of Ben on the depth chart.
Let’s just compare both players summer leagues and rookie years. JJ showed multiple games that he can produce more than Ben. Ben could barely get minutes when reke got shut down on a tanking Memphis team!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
MOD NOTE: Some posts have been deleted. Personal attacks against fellow members are not allowed. Remember, rule #1 is "Don't be a jerk". We mods have a new tool - it's called reply ban and we can stop a particular poster or posters from posting in a thread without banning them from the entire board. I have used that tool in this instance so please keep any new comments about the topic at hand and not about a particular member's posts or fixations. Thank you.

If a trade was coming, why not just use Temple as part of the trade, you know, since he is good at basketball.
Koufos makes the same and is better than Temple at this point if a team was interested. Shumpert is also fairly close to Temple talent wise and is younger.

I wish ZBo was movable but not only is he an immovable object down in the paint but he's also an immovable object on the market as well.