Ben Simmons

Trading for Simmons now would be like the Kings trading for Ralph Sampson back in the day. Just because they once were elite, should not cloud one’s view of their current level of production.

Bullet definitely dodged with Ben Simmons. I was very enthusiastic about the notion of buying low on Simmons when Philly was trying to move him, but man... has there ever been a larger fall from grace in NBA history? He went from budding superstar and heir apparent to confidence-shattered, forever injured, and pretty effing washed in the space of just a few seasons.

Bullet definitely dodged with Ben Simmons. I was very enthusiastic about the notion of buying low on Simmons when Philly was trying to move him, but man... has there ever been a larger fall from grace in NBA history? He went from budding superstar and heir apparent to confidence-shattered, forever injured, and pretty effing washed in the space of just a few seasons.
lol when he was on the outs in PHI, pre total head case, I fully advocated trading Fox for him and then going full-bore after a few other pieces to form a super D, multi ball handler team with Hali. Need to go pull up my old grand plans

lol when he was on the outs in PHI, pre total head case, I fully advocated trading Fox for him and then going full-bore after a few other pieces to form a super D, multi ball handler team with Hali. Need to go pull up my old grand plans
I remember a lot of us wanted Fox, Hali, and Simmons on the same team thinking it would work. Me included.

Most hadn’t come to terms that Fox and Hali didn’t fit together. I just blamed Fox sub par season to that point on his off-season bulking reducing his speed and didn’t want either him or Hali traded.

No way Fox, Hali, and Simmons would’ve worked…but I probably typed out several multi paragraph essays on why it would be an amazing fit lol

Not debating what you say here, cause I agree with it. But just looking at his numbers so far this season -- he's averaging 6-11-6 (rounding the numbers out) and has typically been known as a very good defensive player.

Isn't that basically what Draymond Green has been doing? The past 6 years the dude has averaged 8-7-7 and is more known for his defense and passing ability. Just like Simmons. And is also a sub-30% shooter from 3, just like Simmons.

Part of me wonders, if durability hadn't been an issue the past 4 seasons and Simmons actually played 60-75 games per season -- could the Warriors have won equally had they swapped Dray for Simmons?

Just thinking out loud ....

Not debating what you say here, cause I agree with it. But just looking at his numbers so far this season -- he's averaging 6-11-6 (rounding the numbers out) and has typically been known as a very good defensive player.

Isn't that basically what Draymond Green has been doing? The past 6 years the dude has averaged 8-7-7 and is more known for his defense and passing ability. Just like Simmons. And is also a sub-30% shooter from 3, just like Simmons.

Part of me wonders, if durability hadn't been an issue the past 4 seasons and Simmons actually played 60-75 games per season -- could the Warriors have won equally had they swapped Dray for Simmons?

Just thinking out loud ....
He is afraid to shoot free throws. To me that’s different from must being a bad shooter. He actively plays the game in a manner to avoid going to the line. That just makes shim unplayable in any meaningful minutes. Can’t rely on him unfortunately.