Tankathon in effect? Joerger says 2 vets will rest each game (split)

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I just posted Carmichael Dave's tweet TWICE so nobody misses it. What Turner did tonight was undoubtedly exactly what the front office wanted him to do. He featured the guys who are on the block trade-wise. Isn't that what you guys have wanted? To trade the veterans?????
It's not as if the GMs around the league don't know what they are getting in these players. They've had plenty of games to see how they can produce for their teams, the question now is are they willing to part ways with a first rounder to get them?

I think people are taking a top pick for granted.. we have an easier back schedule, and March is brutal. The FO is going to have to pull out the stops to get this coaching staff to play ball with not trying to win meaningless games and develop

If you offered me the 5th pick now, I might take it.

It’s volatile

I just posted Carmichael Dave's tweet TWICE so nobody misses it. What Turner did tonight was undoubtedly exactly what the front office wanted him to do. He featured the guys who are on the block trade-wise. Isn't that what you guys have wanted? To trade the veterans?????
That is a lot better explanation than an assistant coach going rouge! ;)

having a top 5 pick is a LOT better than having a 6-10 pick
Agreed. We need to be at the top or as high as possible.

Vlade can hang himself with whatever option he takes but thats on him. I want to give him the chance to hit a home run by having access to the 3 top draft options out there. Not have him pick from those left over and hoping that it pans out based on fit.

We need a star. Its a must. We aint going to get one through FA and we traded our last one so we have to draft one and your best bet is at the top of the draft.

Doncic/Ayton/Bagley are game changers and fit in perfectly with our plans now we have Fox.

Porter or Young are good consolation prizes. At a minimum we need to be top 5. Top 3 ideally.

Why do you continue to try and reason with these people? Like I have said before, they are like gambling addicts, all they can see is that top pick, that next roll of the dice that will give the Kings a once in a lifetime franchise player that will cure all the Kings ills, but that danged old FO and coach are part of a conspiracy to deny them that. You know what I would like to see? A poll on who they would pick if they had the number one pick, who this franchise saving player is. I wonder if they could agree on that? Can this site do a poll listing maybe the top 10 draftees and have an option to select your top 3?

Why do you continue to try and reason with these people? Like I have said before, they are like gambling addicts, all they can see is that top pick, that next roll of the dice that will give the Kings a once in a lifetime franchise player that will cure all the Kings ills, but that danged old FO and coach are part of a conspiracy to deny them that. You know what I would like to see? A poll on who they would pick if they had the number one pick, who this franchise saving player is. I wonder if they could agree on that? Can this site do a poll listing maybe the top 10 draftees and have an option to select your top 3?
Sounds great but maybe in a few months when the draft is close and we have some more time to watch these prospects. I can't imagine watching a game with some of these jokers who are rooting for the Kings to lose. Do you guys yell NOO!!! after a game winner or hope we don't make a late run? Lol I just can't get myself to actively root against my Kings. The draft lottery will be what it is see 2009.

How do you know that Carmichael Dave isn't referring to playing the veterans more minutes since WCS, Skal and Malachi are out?

The Kings record by month. Since a terrible (depending on your point of view, I guess) 1-6 start, they have averaged 5 wins a month. After an uptick in December, they only managed 4 wins in January.

October 1 6

November 5 9

December 6 9

January 4 10

I suspect they will win at about the same rate in which case they would finish with 26 wins. However, if the young guys continue to show improvement, if Fox, Bogs, Willie, and Buddy all produce at a higher level together in the same games, the win total could be higher. Also, Jackson and Skal have been stepping up their game at times.

If all or a significant number, of the young guys development trends upward the remainder of the season, the win total could approach 30. Oh my! People may start clamoring for the veterans to play more.

How do you know that Carmichael Dave isn't referring to playing the veterans more minutes since WCS, Skal and Malachi are out?
I can see the inference related to the deadline. My problem with it is that it's almost like a student trying to finish their big project 2 hours before it's due. You blew it already, might as well focus on getting a good grade in some other class. Increasing their minutes now isn't going to miraculously convince other teams that they weren't bad signings.

What will determine our draft position will be in the head to head match ups with the other bottom dwellers i.e. phx, orl, dal, memphis etc.

I hope kings are extra cautious in these matchups and be sure Zbo is resting as he eats up the weak un motivated front lines of these teams (unless facing his old pal in memphis).

Against these teams id like to see the kings "experiment" by, in addition to vet resting, give Jackaon a chance to be the go to guy for log stretches, give Bruno the go-to nod anther night etc. Also, Mason is very good and the team performs better with him on court still at this point in Fox's career. I would want to see the coach stick to a heavy Fox 40 min a game against these teams.

Also, Fox Skal and even WCS should have a green light from behind the arc. It will be good for them to get more deep shots up to become more comfortable with the 3 in game situations. Very happy with Fox 3pt shot, looking good kid. Keep putting them up. Would like to see his attempts at 6 per game. For WCS and Skall id like 4 to 5

Then, Bruno should have a spin at pg duties to close the 3rd and start 4th. Same treatment Milwaukee did for Giannis.

One crazy last second floater by Fox to tie it at the buzzer and we go from first in the lottery to sixth. Oh this last month and a half of the season is going to be FUN around here! :)
Part of me hopes to be leaped in the lotto and to draft a bust just for the Lin argument to hold its ground.