Suns bought by mortgage maven Matt Ishbia for 2.28 BILLION dollars

Krunker

Northernmost Kings Fan
Yeah when you are worth $800M a $10M fine doesn't hurt too much and barring him from NBA facilities for a year is pretty meh but maybe it will get some of these people to behave better.

Yeah when you are worth $800M a $10M fine doesn't hurt too much and barring him from NBA facilities for a year is pretty meh but maybe it will get some of these people to behave better.
10M is not even 10%. They won't feel that penalty. But others will be more careful, I agree.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer

welp. As a finally punishment, Sarver gets to sell his team for several hundred million dollars more than he bought it for.
Sure except when you already have more money than you can waste in 10 life times the profit earned is poor recompense for being bared from owning something that only a select few are allowed to own.

Last edited:

welp. As a finally punishment, Sarver gets to sell his team for several hundred million dollars more than he bought it for.
So minority owner calls for him to sell. Sarver has the option to sell the all the shares, even current minority owners to a new owner. The new owner has the option if they want to retain any current minority owners.

Just waiting for him to sell to a Seattle group and they move the team. And before you say the league can stop him, yes they can. But then he can turn around and say I tried to sell, but couldn't to the highest bidder and change my mind. He's not being forced to sell.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
So minority owner calls for him to sell. Sarver has the option to sell the all the shares, even current minority owners to a new owner. The new owner has the option if they want to retain any current minority owners.

Just waiting for him to sell to a Seattle group and they move the team. And before you say the league can stop him, yes they can. But then he can turn around and say I tried to sell, but couldn't to the highest bidder and change my mind. He's not being forced to sell.
Bezos is apparently one of the early interested parties for the sale so it’s not totally out of the question. That said, I don’t know if the NBA wants to move a team that just went to the Finals a season ago.