Suns @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
TonyFiat said:
Look out if Webber comes into tonight's game bent on revenge for not making the All Star team. He will be going all out to jack up as many shots as possible, which is only good for the Suns. If I turn on the TV and hear Grant and Jerry talk about how Webber is fired up to prove he should've been included on the AS team, I will fully expect the Kings to get run right out of Arco. This team needs everyone involved to succeed, and Webber tends to exclude just about everyone else from the offense when he is out there trying to be "the man" and prove he is the elite player he and Adelman think he is. On the bright side, the snub might make Webber actually exert a little effort on 'D' and try to stop someone, which would be much better than his typical half-assed performances on that end of the court.
LOL!

What incite!

:D

I guess all those assists just magically appear on the Box score for Webber b/c all he does is take shots. The godsend Yao Ming assists .8 games but according to the ESPN and TNT guys when I watch them on TV he is a great passing big man.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
bigbadred00 said:
Yeah I guess January's POTM isn't that good anymore and Webber didn't try very hard to play well in his first game back after injury. why are there so many bitter kings fans. it's not like we haven't had major injuries every year in the playoffs, just look at the Spurs in 2000, they got killed by the Suns in the first round without Duncan, we atleast put up fights without some of our best. bitterness is getting bad lately. just look at the other players with similar injuries penny and allen houston and look how successful they were. ask yourself did we really stand a chance last year without webber and bobby jackson to get out of the first round. maybe, but that's a big maybe seeing that we lost without webber the year before to the mavs. ah...it's fruitless. atleast it isn't as bad as the talking points thing on sacbee.com.
There will always be a small vocal group of people who will never like Chris Webber. That's their choice...and their loss.

You can't argue with them. Attempting to do so will only give you sore fingers and a bad headache.

;)

In the case of "TonyFiat," his comments were IMHO laughable. We have people on this board who really don't like Webber AND are at least able to be relevant in their comments.

Don't let it get to you.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
bigbadred00 said:
I guess all those assists just magically appear on the Box score for Webber b/c all he does is take shots. The godsend Yao Ming assists .8 games but according to the ESPN and TNT guys when I watch them on TV he is a great passing big man.
A word of advice?

You don't need to dump on another player to defend Webber. In fact, you'll learn pretty quickly not to bother trying to argue most of this stuff. As I said above, all you'll get is callouses on your fingertips and a pretty big bill at the pharmacy for Excedrin.

Sorry that's a better Yao-Miller comparison, for All-Star, but whatever, the point was if Webber isn't a team player then why does he get so many assists. i know he takes alot of shots per 48, but it's not like he's not shooting the ball well this year.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Who are you arguing with? If you're attempting to debate with TonyFiat, I think you're going to be disappointed. He made one drive-by post and disappeared.

Bibby usually has his best games against Nash. This is gonna be a great game. I am sick of hearing about how great the Suns are and we hear nothing about the Kings and they are only 5 games back.

T

TGB20A5SI

I'm not in the mood to look it up so...
here is my lazy question of the week

Is Peja playing tonight?

T

TGB20A5SI

well good golly where I have I been :(
oh wait, I do remember!
any other injuries to reports... any recent?

iheartBrad said:
im really pumped up for this one...im sure ill be pumped up for the games on Thursday and Friday as well
I will be ready to see those games. Some revenge with Seatlle ad an old rival of the Kings, the Dallas Mavs. But first lets take the Suns game first.......;)

KP said:
Nice to see Geoff Petrie get out there on the T.V. side.
Did he say anything? ;)

*edited, nevermind. VF posted it in the PBP and I read it there. Thanks VF!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.